Monument Credit Card

Options

Comments

• luan1986
    Options
    Hi,

I have followed the instructions on trying to get my charges back, the defalult charges that we worked out using the site was £276 and the intrest charges on that amount alone was £48.06.
    I recieved a letter back which stated the following
    " i can confirm that we are prepeared to review late payment and overlimit fees that have been applied to your account proir to the office of fair trading investigation into charges. i can futher confirm that this equates to late payement and over limit fees in the total sum of £480 that have been appiled to your account and which have not been refunded"
    The letter then went on to say
    " however a a gesture of good will on this occasion only i am prepeared to refund you £240, which repersents half the total sum of charges that i have aggreeed to review"

They have given me 8 weeks to make up my mind on whether to take there offer.

what should i do ???
  • lisa180_2
    Options
    :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
    could someone please help me!!!
    i have written to Monument 2 times requesting refund of charges and the second time i sent it recorded, i have phoned constantly and i think i'm getting the run around!!
    what address should I be sending the request to and what 'phone number have u all been using??
    i have been told it was transferred to Barclaycard and then SkyCard!!!!!
    my card starts with '4265'. has anyone else had this problem??:eek: :eek: :eek:
  • lisa180_2
    Options
    :eek: :eek: :mad: :mad: HELP!!!!!
    Could someone please let me know the address to send to Monument and the phone number??
    I have been told that my account had been transferred to 'SkyCard' and then was told 'Barclaycard', I no longer have a credit card now and I feel i'm getting the runaround from Monument:mad: :mad: !! I have sent 2 letters the second one was recorded, no-one seems to have a clue what i'm talkin about when I ring.

My card started '4265' if this helps:eek: :eek:

also....
    is it poss to reclaim charges from catalogue ppi??
  • Melgirl
    Melgirl Posts: 952 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    lisa180_2 wrote: »
    :eek: :eek: :mad: :mad: HELP!!!!!
    Could someone please let me know the address to send to Monument and the phone number??
    I have been told that my account had been transferred to 'SkyCard' and then was told 'Barclaycard', I no longer have a credit card now and I feel i'm getting the runaround from Monument:mad: :mad: !! I have sent 2 letters the second one was recorded, no-one seems to have a clue what i'm talkin about when I ring.

My card started '4265' if this helps:eek: :eek:

also....
    is it poss to reclaim charges from catalogue ppi??

Hi

I wrote to
    Monument Bank
    Portland Building
    25 The High Street
    Crawley
    West Sussex
    RH10 1BG

The number on the letter I received back from them is 01293 802 473. (Never posted on here before so if posting telephone numbers is not allowed, please let me know and I will take it out). They offered me £330 on a claim of around £800. Have written back to them saying that I will accept £500!! expecting reply before the end of this week.

Hope this helps

Melgirl
    VSP Challenge 2010 No 19 - £416.09 , 2011 No15 - £497.17, 2012 No9 - £146.52. 2013 No5 - £113.92
    SPC4 No1066 - £948.95,
    SPC5 No1066 - £659.49 (2 stone 13lbs)
    SPC6 No1066 - Pot 1 - 3.03b. Pot 2 - 3.05lb Pot 3 - 3.0lb
  • Lindsay_C
    Lindsay_C Posts: 99 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi - first post!!

I wrote to Moument last week asking for £716 back in charges. I got a letter back on Friday (very quick response!) and would like a bit of help on what to do next...

They have said:

"... as a gesture of goodwill on this occasion only, I am prepared to refund half of the total sum of the charges that i have agreed to review. Please note that I will not be including any default charges that have been or are applied to your account at the rate of £12 each.

I am currently retreiving copies of your statements prior to February 2003 (where I started my claim from) and once I have these, I will write to advise you of the exact amount I am prepared to refund for you."

Has anyone else received a letter like this? What's the next step to take? :confused:

Thanks for any help
  • techspec
    techspec Posts: 4,464 Forumite
    Options
    My fiend as just been offered the full amount claimed plus interest after referring the matter to the Financial Ombudsman.
  • hampsterpoo
    Options
    Hi Lindsay C ,
    if its any help they offered me (paid me) £152 half of what I asked (claimed) for, l just wanted a quick settlement so was happy to get that.
    they sent me a three page letter quoting this that and the other and they came up with the offer, nothing to do with the difference between.
    I guess its also got something to do with who deals with the case as well as what your accept.
    They basically offered you £358 to reply for a quick and easy end to it all. If your happy with that accept it if not dont.

oh by the way ...citi cards ...posting the FO forms tommorrow morning
    ;) Member of change Pip's name back to PIP club ;)

:jI've only blooming got my name on it :j
  • Lindsay_C
    Lindsay_C Posts: 99 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi Lindsay C ,
    if its any help they offered me (paid me) £152 half of what I asked (claimed) for, l just wanted a quick settlement so was happy to get that.
    they sent me a three page letter quoting this that and the other and they came up with the offer, nothing to do with the difference between.
    I guess its also got something to do with who deals with the case as well as what your accept.
    They basically offered you £358 to reply for a quick and easy end to it all. If your happy with that accept it if not dont.

oh by the way ...citi cards ...posting the FO forms tommorrow morning

Thanks for this, I just thought it odd that they haven't actually mentioned how much they're willing to give me!
  • HAVEFAITH
    HAVEFAITH Posts: 557 Forumite
    PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    OK, enough is enough ... i have lost patience with Monument in respect of receiving my 6 years of statements via a DSAR request back in Oct & Dec 2007. Time to consult the FOS ... What is the procedure here and is there a letter template to follow out there please?
    "onwards & upwards"
  • andyauk
    andyauk Posts: 33 Forumite
    Options

Hi all I recently cleared all of my debts had been on a DMP with payplan for a couple of years and then remortgaged so I could make full and final settlements.

I paid approx 80% of the outstanding debt to all of my creditors in full settlement.. The quetion is now can I go after them for the charges which they applied to my accounts?

Thanks
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport