MSE News: Amex holders offered £25 cashback at London stores

Options

Comments

• lyster101
    Options
    Thanks everyone, I've had another go now and it's worked. I think they must still have still been updating their systems for Lloyds/Avios. It now seems to work so I suggest anyone with a Lloyds card give it another try too.

Harvey's and then Selfridge's on Sunday, then?

Now, to find the best contact email address or phone number for those pesky small shops that haven't registered my transaction, or refused my card....
  • InsideInsurance
    InsideInsurance Posts: 22,460 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 23 November 2012 at 11:37AM
    Options
  • sfax
    sfax Posts: 1,154 Forumite
    Options
    On Oxford Street. £50 spent in Primark 10 mins ago. No email. You get the £5 cashback emails almost instantly. Should I be concerned?
  • Roger1
    Roger1 Posts: 1,603 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    There are several AmEx offers at the moment. Not sure about the £5/£10 offer, but Primark are participating in the spend £50 get £25 credit promotion.
  • Clayduck
    Options
    I registered for the WestEndVIP promotion yesterday with AMEX, and spent just over £50 at the John Lewis on Oxford Street. I received an e-mail almost immediately saying that they had recognised my transaction and that I will receive £5 under the Shop Small promotion (!). I never registered for the Shop Small promotion, so I hope that this is just a case of them not updating the e-mail, rather than the £25 promotion not working at all.
    - Did anyone else receive the same e-mail?
    - Did anyone receive an e-mail saying that they will receive £25?
  • sfax
    Options
    No emails and 5x£50 spent in shops all on the list. I'll fight tooth and nail for my £125 cashback!
  • t0m_2
    t0m_2 Posts: 14 Forumite
    Options
    sfax wrote: »
    No emails and 5x£50 spent in shops all on the list. I'll fight tooth and nail for my £125 cashback!

Hope you did it on 5 different cards, as the promo only works once per card..
  • t0m_2
    t0m_2 Posts: 14 Forumite
    Options
    I also didn't get an e-mail spending >£50 at Topman..
  • sfax
    Options
    t0m wrote: »
    Hope you did it on 5 different cards, as the promo only works once per card..

It would be foolish of me to assume that the cashback is paid for each location as per £5 shop small promo but that's exactly what I did! It was 2 cards so only £50 cashback not £125 [hangs head in shame]. Still got 20-30% in Selfridges and GAP.

You can read the terms as once per location but I can see that's not the case by the explicit max £25 further down.

Making up for it slightly now with £10 shop small cashback in a restaurant :)
  • slliw
    slliw Posts: 26 Forumite
    Options
    Just spent £50 at HMV oxford circus. They also had an in store promotion of spend £50 and get £5 off. Luckily my purchase came to £57 so worked out well.

No email yet, did anyone pick up the red or lime Amex bags being handed out in the streets ? :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure