PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

December 2012 Grocery Challenge!!!!! REALLLY?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Options

Comments

• VickyV
    VickyV Posts: 247 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Had a couple of little spends on grocery budget - needed milk today and bought slightly unnecessary mini pain au chocolats yesterday for LO's breakfast as we were running late! So £2.35 spent. It would have been a full shop as I sent OH to Aldi to use £5 off voucher but he got half way round and realised he'd dropped it somewhere :mad: so I'll have to revise the list to take off the 'stock up' items.
    x
    Grocery challenge:December 2022 £151.96/£400 . Advent decluttering challenge 47/240.
  • quintwins
    quintwins Posts: 5,179 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Spent £4.20 on buns and tray bakes yesterday, was well worth it :)
    DEC GC £463.67/£450
    EF- £110/COLOR]/£1000
  • Make-it-3
    Make-it-3 Posts: 1,661 Forumite
    Options
    My head is still all fuzzy with flu resulting in lots of silly trips to MrS for odd things. So my total now stands at £17.38/£120.

Off to do my weekly shop now, so will report in later with that.
    We Made-it-3 on 28/01/11 with birth of our gorgeous DD.
  • tessie_bear
    tessie_bear Posts: 4,898 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    mossy wrote: »
    Oh, I've started to do this but haven't finished it. Do you want to come around and do mine?? Pretty pretty please!?! :D

In other news, managed to superglue my arm this evening trying to fix DD's draw and money box...whoops!! :eek:

happy to help:j sorry about your arm....had to pop on to share my excitement...i know people on here will understand where as rl peeps will think i am as mad as a hatter.....right i got a piece of tesco finest beef when half price...i paid £11...we have now had from it;
    a hot roast beef dinner for 4
    6 rounds of sandwiches for dh and ds packups
    a cold sliced roast beef dinner
    a shephers pie for 4
    so 18 portions from the joint...only problem being the family might get fed up with beef but at around 61p a portion im afraid they will have to get on with it

i am going to look into buying more joints as they seem very money saving

hope everyone is keeping warm...its freezing in the mids but i havent seen any snow...yet

take care tess
    onwards and upwards
  • dumpling
    dumpling Posts: 2,491 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    First spend of this month on some supplies for my poor cold-ridden daughter. So some soft tissues, fresh OJ, medication and of course some essential chocolate. It came to around £10 but I've lost the receipt between here and tescos lol.
  • Solstice_3
    Options
    happy to help:j sorry about your arm....had to pop on to share my excitement...i know people on here will understand where as rl peeps will think i am as mad as a hatter.....right i got a piece of tesco finest beef when half price...i paid £11...we have now had from it;
    a hot roast beef dinner for 4
    6 rounds of sandwiches for dh and ds packups
    a cold sliced roast beef dinner
    a shephers pie for 4
    so 18 portions from the joint...only problem being the family might get fed up with beef but at around 61p a portion im afraid they will have to get on with it

i am going to look into buying more joints as they seem very money saving

hope everyone is keeping warm...its freezing in the mids but i havent seen any snow...yet

take care tess

That's brilliant! I still get excited about stuff like that lol. This week I managed to stretch my pork joint to 2 roast dinners, pork and apple casserole for tea then lunch and a lovely stir fry last night. So 4 teas and one lunch ^_^

I have a wonderful cookbook called Less Meat More Veg which is all about stretching joints to last 4 to 5 meals and I use it all the time, changed the way I cook!
    Stay at home Mum to DS Oct 2011 and DD Dec 2013
    Grocery Challenge

April 298.08/300.00 NSD 14 May £213.56/£300 NSD 4
  • DanielleNic87
    Options
    I am trying not to go out to the shops today. Just wanted to ask a question. Do you think it is ok to use unsalted butter with a BB date of 19th Nov?

February GC £26.68/£250

• Solstice_3
    Options
    I keep an A5 sized diary and I draw a line down the centre. One half of each page is non food and the other half is food. It is a godsend to refer to for many things as well as budgets. Good to know how long something lasted-what you spent on petrol the last month etc-I am often referring to it. I also keep notes in it if I lend the kids any money or if they pay me any back-its my all in one refernce moneywise! I look down each receipt and I do separate my spends so if its £50 spend and £15 is on household stuff I write it as £15 and £35 respectively sometimes with extra notes on the household side to list what it was. I found over the last couple of years that quite a large chunk was indeed on "other" stuff and not all of it necessary!
    i also keep a price book with the cheapest price i got XXX where and when ... so when you look at a item you can see if a good deal IS A GOOD DEAL when i was on another site the OAMC lady said to keep a price book with the top25/30 items you use the most.

I think I might do this next year instead of the spreadsheet. The ironic thing is I have seen a "Budget Book" I really like and want by Organised Mum but it's £7.99 lol Might get it with any Christmas money I get :)
    Stay at home Mum to DS Oct 2011 and DD Dec 2013
    Grocery Challenge

April 298.08/300.00 NSD 14 May £213.56/£300 NSD 4
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    DanielleNic - I use tons of things ood, but they are tinned, dried etc. I think the best way to tell, is to do a little smell and taste, but im sure its fine.
    I have a mini spend of £1.49 to report, which was for milk and softmints. Off to update sig.
  • lottie3000
    Options
    Next spend to report, ran around Ald* in my lunch hour and managed to pop into Mr T for the offers I wanted and F.Foods too!! Total spend of £42.00.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure