Universal Job Match at http://jobseekers.direct.gov.uk

Options

Comments

• Al_chemist
    Options
    Daedalus wrote: »
    Not necessarily. If someone is long term unemployed but have been trying then it is enormously depressing and destroys your confidence, the constant rejections for jobs you know you could do in your sleep.

In which case I would be suggesting volunteering as a way of building up some of that lost confidence and for improving or adding to skills. Employers like to see that someone has done something useful with their time rather than just "unemployed" on the CV.
    Google "do-it" - Loads of volunteering opportunities (as a noob it won't let me post the link).
  • Midnighter
    Midnighter Posts: 18,598 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 24 November 2012 at 10:45AM
    Options
    yes I was sent there, this week and wow what a great 28 mins that was. Money well spent by someone. 20 min induction meeting and 8 for the one with the adviser.
    And it doesn't get any better. You, like me, will probably only be seen once a month and yet the DWP claims that WP is working. Really!
    kimmy393 wrote: »
    Yes it took me an hour to register kept going round in circles, then an hour to rebuild me cv on the sie as it would not let me upload it:mad:. So 2 hours then went to apply for jobs and the cookies problem occured, so have not been able to apply via site only via the email addy from the employer. So frustrating :( Have you managed to fix it yet??
    No, but I notice I'm no longer getting the cookies prompt when accessing the site. Not that that's really any help.
    kimmy393 wrote: »
    Also your user id seems to be a combination of 12 numbers, how are you meant to remember that anyways, why cant you choose your own username !!
    I put my User ID, when I finally received one, in an email and sent it to myself.
    '...luck came to those who left a space for it.' Terry Pratchett
  • ohreally
    ohreally Posts: 7,525 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Midnighter wrote: »
    the DWP claims that WP is working. Really!

Why do you believe it's not working?
    Don’t be a can’t, be a can.
  • Midnighter
    Midnighter Posts: 18,598 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    ohreally wrote: »
    Personal experience. Maybe it's just the provider I'm with that's !!!! poor.
    '...luck came to those who left a space for it.' Terry Pratchett
  • imatt
    imatt Posts: 356 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 24 November 2012 at 5:52PM
    Options
    ohreally wrote: »

A number of reasons:

1) Increasing evidence from WP clients and WP provider staff

2) Independent economists who say the WP cannot work financially. (Hence the fact that WP providers may have the brass neck to ask for yet more cash)

3) Charities who are being shafted by the WP providers and being forced out of business (such as Eco Actif).

4) Evidence from the likesof CH4 news who revevealed that A4e found just 4% of its clients job outcomes out of a paltry govt target of a mere 5%.
  • idealmelody
    Options
    Can anyone help please. My partner has been registered on the universal jobsearch website, after a few teething problems had to reconfigure his email account so that he could click on the employer links and post an email containing his CV. However, despite sending emails via the links provided (which are showing up in his email outbox/ sent mail) the Universal Jobsearch account is still saying that no jobs have been applied for when this is patently not true. Please can anyone help find a solution to this as we are scared that his benefit will be stopped, he has even accepted all the DWP terms and conditions wanting access to everything so it is not as if we are trying to hide anything.
  • john539
    john539 Posts: 16,968 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Can anyone help please. My partner has been registered on the universal jobsearch website, after a few teething problems had to reconfigure his email account so that he could click on the employer links and post an email containing his CV. However, despite sending emails via the links provided (which are showing up in his email outbox/ sent mail) the Universal Jobsearch account is still saying that no jobs have been applied for when this is patently not true. Please can anyone help find a solution to this as we are scared that his benefit will be stopped, he has even accepted all the DWP terms and conditions wanting access to everything so it is not as if we are trying to hide anything.
    You shouldn't be scared.

You don't have to give DWP access to your account. You know you did not have to tick that box giving DWP access, that was optional.

Universal Job Match website has only just started, it has some problems, so take your time getting used to it, just like JC staff are getting used to it.

Keep a separate written record and you have your email record.
  • donnajunkie
    donnajunkie Posts: 32,412 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    csmw wrote: »
    All you have done is moan about the Jc, how bad it is..how they don't help!!!
    without wanting to get involved in the argument here this point is often true. they have underpaid my ni and fob me off when i ask them to sort it out. they are well known for refering people for sanctions who shouldnt be. and just to be fair i do acknowledge some who work there are decent people who treat people fairly and with common sense. sadly they are in the minority.
  • donnajunkie
    Options
    Daedalus wrote: »
    Not necessarily. If someone is long term unemployed but have been trying then it is enormously depressing and destroys your confidence, the constant rejections for jobs you know you could do in your sleep.
    this is very true and something people often forget or choose to ignore. have you seen the hoops you have to jump through just to get a job in a supermarket or in a post sorting office.
  • donnajunkie
    Options
    Midnighter wrote: »
    Personal experience. Maybe it's just the provider I'm with that's !!!! poor.
    most people dont have much good to say about the wp or its predecessors. if people dont want to take peoples word for it then they just need to look up the stats that will tell them a very low percentage gain employment while on it and alot of them jobs would have been gained anyway. the wp cant make an employer give you a job and it cant give you recent employed experience. they have an impossible task. the providers continue to do it because they are making money out of it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family
  • 248.8K Travel & Transport