The Unneccesary Challenge

Comments

• Kaz2904 wrote: »
    I hope not because I always pay for different stuff from different pockets! I do have men in white coats following me around though!

lol :rotfl: I actually see a psychotherapist/psychiatrist!!!!!

I shall try & have 'change' though so I can maybe pay for stuff all together but from diff envolopes!

Lisa
  • CAFCGirl
    CAFCGirl Posts: 9,122 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    well well well I leave you guys for a day at work and we're already on page 3.

Big fat "necessary" Welcome to new faces, glad to see you all sign up.

It's a no spender for me today :)

Had docs appt, who told me I've lost weight and my BMI is now below 18.

PANTS!! said I

Would just like to add have defo not been trying to lose weight! And I stuff my face continuously. I must have an overactive something somewhere!!!

Her suggestions............... more chocolate....

:)
    Manifesting Abundance in 2023
    Fashion On The Ration 2023 36/66
  • kiwi88_2
    kiwi88_2 Posts: 513 Forumite
    CAFCGirl wrote: »

Her suggestions............... more chocolate....

Can I have your doc please :rotfl: :rotfl:
    MFiT Member No 85
    :money: Martin says NO :money:
  • CAFCGirl
    she's great isnt she.....

should have asked her to pay for it in that case..........

Off to raid the cupboards for goodies to eat
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,176 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Wish that i had your problem CAFC girll!!!
    Im the opposite lol
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • CAFCGirl
    Sorry all!

I did realise that it probably wasn't going to endear me to too many people, posting about how i have to eat more chocolate.

Unnecessary spend challenge for me is that I also get to see what I can get done for free!

Tomorrow I am getting my hair cut........ for free!
    A new trade customer for my shop is from a salon down the road from my shop and we got to chatting. And I commented on how hair cuts seems to be so expensive and I normally wish I'd never bothered.

So she told me to come to her salon, she'd do my hair for free if I didnt like it, it didnt cost me a penny, and if I did then I'd go back there next time and be happy to pay.
    Plus she spent £100+ on tea and coffee for her salon :)

So it was win/win for me!!!
    YAY!
  • nevadagirl
    nevadagirl Posts: 162 Forumite
    I'm in too, after my blip last month. OH and I have decided that when we move in together we will get £100 a month each for unnecessary spending. I want to prove it's possible to do it for less than that.
    I joined the 21k debt free in 2 years head to head challenge 12 December 06
    Started at £20,170.01 December 06
    Currently...£4,687.21
  • Kaz2904
    Kaz2904 Posts: 5,797 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Well, I spent 1p of my £10.21! I put it in with the rest of my cash when I went to pay it in to the post office. I repaid £5.22 of our dipped into savings.
    I had to pay £5.30 for special delivery to insure my tesco deals vouchers when I posted them off but that will come from the shopping budget. I also have a little problem with my shopping budget in that I have 2 online deliveries coming tomorrow which will take me about £3 over my months budget but I have £75 on gift cards for the shopping which I can't use for online shops. This will have to come off next months cash withdrawal budget and the next months on and on until they are clear. It's just money shuffling but it's annoying because I want to shop online to get the extra points. I will just do top up fruit and veg shops instore but I do have a till spit to use so need to go in. Also DD needs at least 2 maybe 3 dresses for summer. Might try to persuade her to have some shorts (doesn't like trousers- apparently girls only wear skirts/ dresses and pink/ purple!). I'll just have to see what appears in the charity shops.

So £10.20 left.
    Debt: 16/04/2007:TOTAL DEBT [strike]£92727.75[/strike] £49395.47:eek: :eek: :eek: £43332.28 repaid 100.77% of £43000 target.
    MFiT T2: Debt [STRIKE]£52856.59[/STRIKE] £6316.14 £46540.45 repaid 101.17% of £46000 target.
    2013 Target: completely clear my [STRIKE]£6316.14[/STRIKE] £0 mortgage debt. £6316.14 100% repaid.
  • Purpleroses
    Purpleroses Posts: 4,125 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    thats good going CAF free haircuts are always welcome unless its by some trainee and you end up with a squint fringe.....
    and you keep healthy! we dont want our leader withering away on us x
  • CAFCGirl
    all things are good in moderation..........

I have no chocolate :(
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills