PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

'supporting each other through really tough times'

Options

Comments

• kidcat
    kidcat Posts: 6,058 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    kezlou- our town and all the neighbouring ones have a shop mobility scheme, now I believe its free to borrow one whilst you are shopping - which would give you a taste to see how you feel.
  • mardatha
    mardatha Posts: 15,612 Forumite
    Options
    Minus 6 here and minus 10 up north - Scottish weather forums getting excited about next weekend, the 13/14/15th for a big snowfall. But things might change before then eh. Better make sure we have plenty coal in case :)
  • ginnyknit
    ginnyknit Posts: 3,718 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Pooky well done on the mini win and Im glad you are getting out. i know what you mean about worrying about your OH but it sounds as if he will be in good hands.

Kezlou, you get it off your chest hunny, you must be really frustrated so maybe a wheelchair is a wise decision.

Im off to find my wellies as I think I may be viewing a winter wonderland tomorrow from my window. Made a huge quiche today which pleased Ds, good job he didnt see what went into it - to say the cheese was elderly is an understatment :rotfl: DD gave me some out of date mushrooms so put them in, a bit of bacon, and anything that was annoying me in the fridge. It was so nice he wants to take it for lunch tomorrow!
    Clearing the junk to travel light
    Saving every single penny.
    I will get my caravan
  • katieowl_2
    katieowl_2 Posts: 1,864 Forumite
    Options
    Your tea sounds a bit like my soup....DS and OH ate it and smacked their chops and went back for more....A 10p bag of leeks and cabbage from Monday nights YS, a few spuds and onions, a few very elderly leeks, and the way out of date long life milk I opened at the weekend and made pancakes with, plus the remains of the cream from the cheesecake for the market! It has to be told that DH will not eat either cream or longlife milk, and DS has an aversion to leeks :rotfl:

I've spend all day trying to get 'stuff' done, I MUST be further forward, but it doesn't seem like it. I only managed to get one batch of fudge made, but I did get my all lovely tea packed in those jars that wouldn't seal properly with wet stuff in. Now all I need to do is print of my labels and instructions. I need a new print cartridge, I've got one, but it'll be the first time I've changed it and I'm too tired to wrestle with it now.

I've only just realised how late it is....night night all...

Kate
  • ginnyknit
    ginnyknit Posts: 3,718 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Night Kate, theres another day tomorrow to get stuff done hunny.
    Clearing the junk to travel light
    Saving every single penny.
    I will get my caravan
  • D&DD
    D&DD Posts: 4,405 Forumite
    Options
    Well the white stuff never lasted long and apart from some wet something or other they aren't sure what yet tomorrow we're clear until next week so thats good.... but just looked on metcheck and its saying 13th til the 21st snow :eek:
    It can't possibly do that 'cos I'm busy and MrT is delivering on the 22nd :p

Just going to watch the last two Perception episodes I recorded then try to get some kip,I confess I dozed off earlier this evening for 3 hours my bodyclock is so up the spout atm its untrue.

Baking day tomorrow apple turnovers,ginger cakes and scones are on the agenda *dwibble* :D
  • Popperwell
    Popperwell Posts: 5,088 Forumite
    Options
    White stuff still here, well it's a mixture of ice and snow so a lethal combination. Coming home from Aldi's and my little chat with mcculloch(I won't use your name as we are rightly being careful unless you say otherwise);)it was a biting wind so it seems as though we're in for a few days of it...
    "A government afraid of its citizens is a Democracy. Citizens afraid of government is tyranny!" ~Thomas Jefferson

"Your assumptions are your windows on the world. Scrub them off every once in a while, or the light won't come in" ~ Alan Alda
  • heavenleigh
    Options
    Popperwell wrote: »
    White stuff still here, well it's a mixture of ice and snow so a lethal combination. Coming home from Aldi's and my little chat with mcculloch(I won't use your name as we are rightly being careful unless you say otherwise);)it was a biting wind so it seems as though we're in for a few days of it...

A tiny bit jealous of others with the white stuff but thinking logically it is much more practical for us to get it after the schools break up!
    The icy pavements with no snow to get a grip to is another thing though!
    Glad you sound brighter pops x
    I will save my tesco £1 savings stamps this year! .......so far = £50 (full card#1)
    Card #2 £6. I will not be skint at Chistmas this year!

Total £56
  • Popperwell
    Popperwell Posts: 5,088 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks Heavenleigh,
    Yes lets have the white stuff when it can be really enjoyed. Years ago when Mum and Dad were alive I remember walking to and from church on Christmas Eve into Christmas Day and then opening our presents and having a chicken or turkey sandwich when we returned home. And everything was still and the snow was crisp and hardly disturbed.

Not long to wait now...you've done well.

I'm skipping through the Royal Variety show that was broadcast on Monday. I don't know what has changed but once they were a highlight of TV viewing.
    "A government afraid of its citizens is a Democracy. Citizens afraid of government is tyranny!" ~Thomas Jefferson

"Your assumptions are your windows on the world. Scrub them off every once in a while, or the light won't come in" ~ Alan Alda
  • jem132
    jem132 Posts: 511 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all today i am going to see my consultant to find out exactly what's wrong and how they will fix me. I am !!!!!!!! myself .Dh has been called out to work so I have to go alone and I am really worried. I didn't sleep at all last night so am nakered and feel sick I just hope dh gets back in time to meet me at the hospital but doubt it. Hope you all have a good day it's freezing out side so take care its slippery. I am going to go on the bus its years since I went anywhere on a bus lol xx
    I have dyslexia so I apologize for my spelling and grammar
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport