PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

'supporting each other through really tough times'

Options

Comments

• Softstuff
    Softstuff Posts: 3,086 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    GreyQueen wrote: »
    :o I'm prolly the only one stuggling but, please, what is body corp?

Sorry I forget to explain some things :o

Kidcat was more or less right, it's "Body Corporate Fees", it covers things like building maintenance, gardening, the building insurance, pool maintenance, rubbish removal (some of, not all as some of that appears in council rates now) and a whole host of other things.

Ours is high because of the style of place we live in. It is, as the real estate agents say, "a selection of small buildings each with few units, set in acres of lush tropical landscaping and benefiting from the use of 4 pools, 3 spas, a tennis court and sauna, in addition to its own restaurant". I made it sound very posh (and don't get me wrong it is nice), but it was literally the cheapest unit to buy in the area, because of the high body corporate fees. We pay quarterly and it adds up to over $6000 a year :eek:
    Softstuff- Officially better than 007
  • Pooky
    Pooky Posts: 7,023 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    That's a late pick up Heavenleigh... Hope you manage to stay awake.

We started with a pretty frost this morning but by 8.30 it was snowing really heavily and laid! Snowed until 1pm, the sun came out and it all vanished. Did look pretty though.

DD1 is working tonight until 10pm so needs collecting (car needed scraping at 6.30pm when she went to work and I need to go scrape it again in a mo). DD2 was at a panto with school last night and it was an 11pm pick up......as we're normally in bed by 9pm its been hard work.

Had a good premium bonds win this morning, will use it wisely at the weekend as I'm taking DDs and a friend each off to London for ice skating and Christmas markets with a spot of lunch. DHs parents are taking him out for lunch and going to entertain him for the afternoon so at least I know he's safe (don't mind leaving him for an hour or so but if he has a big fall whilst I'm so far away I'd never forgive myself).

The kittens first experience of snow was mixed....ginger boy was prancing around chasing snow flakes, tabby girl looked from under the table with disdain and fluffy girl did girly prances across the lawn shaking her feet and whiskers. So lovely to watch.
    "Start every day off with a smile and get it over with" - W. C. Field.
  • Popperwell
    Popperwell Posts: 5,088 Forumite
    Options
    Softstuff, in UK currency that comes in at approx £4,000 annually but in another way as many private land lords can charge over £500+($770)a month for a home with no extras that is perhaps not so bad and as you have explained you have access to other facilities...
    "A government afraid of its citizens is a Democracy. Citizens afraid of government is tyranny!" ~Thomas Jefferson

"Your assumptions are your windows on the world. Scrub them off every once in a while, or the light won't come in" ~ Alan Alda
  • kezlou
    kezlou Posts: 3,283 Forumite
    Options
    arghhh just written a huge post and its gone:mad::mad::mad::mad:

sq (hugs)
    kidcat- that schools shocking, they should have been keeping an eye on them.
    jem - hope your feeling better soon chick.
    popperwell - really pleased that you managed to go out last night:D
  • kezlou
    Options
    Second time around.

Stilt walker wel done on your degree!!!!

soft stuff i know what you mean, we were looking at service charges in a block of flats in london and the charges were ridiculous. Think one place we looking at was £6650 for service charges alone:eek: . That was just for utilities and maintenance i.e removing the rubbish. Shocking what the council can charge.

Had ds2 off school today, the poor hing had diarrhea this morning but has gone all day without anymore so he's back at school tomorrow. So we just watching scooby doo and the avengers all day.

I've been laid up again, can barely walk with both crutches so just been sat all day. The snows been and went, it was lovely watching white flakes drifting by, myself and ds2 were very excited, Just a shame its turned into ice:(.

I decided to look into hiring a wheelchair, got in touch with red cross and they said i donate £20 which allows me to have the chair for 6 weeks. I'm at the point where i'm so sick of being in the house, i'm literally trapped inside.

Sorry peeps it just me whinging again, i'm lucky though as my OH is a star and has been looking after me and sorting everything else. The poor thing is shattered, as he's working at the same time.

Has anyone seen prepare at home? Haven't seen her for ages. Hope she's okay, oh and byatt too x
  • meanmarie
    meanmarie Posts: 5,328 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Phew!

had internet problems for almost a week and it has taken me since Saturday to catch up. Have forgotten most of what I read so hugs to all in pain of any type and congratulations to those who are celebrating anything.

Weather here is very cold, was planning not going out to-morrow early but discovered early ( after shops had shut) that extra wool I bought to finish DD1's blanket is DK instead of Aran....feel like a complete eejit, why didn't I notice that??

Sorry to say that I think I will be another with sporadic visits for a while...as usual have left myself with at least 6 weeks 'stuff' to do before Christmas so will have to cut back on treats. Will probably skim read in case any of you get up to anything that I need to know about, my many friends here are very important to me.

Sleep well all

Marie
    Weight 08 February 86kg
  • Popperwell
    Popperwell Posts: 5,088 Forumite
    edited 5 December 2012 at 10:59PM
    Options
    Kezlou Thank you,
    Don't you hate that when a post disappears, I never know if it is something I do or a problem on this forum.

Now there is a bit of a problem as next week the music night falls on the same night as a memorial carol service but I am going to try and make both!

Dare I admit I attempted(very slowly)to walk to and from the venue but with the ice that was silly. I'll not do it again. Oh I so hope that you start to feel better and things can improve. I really miss how it used to be not to have mobility problems. So I feel it for you. I don't see it as moaning or feeling sorry for yourself.
    "A government afraid of its citizens is a Democracy. Citizens afraid of government is tyranny!" ~Thomas Jefferson

"Your assumptions are your windows on the world. Scrub them off every once in a while, or the light won't come in" ~ Alan Alda
  • kidcat
    kidcat Posts: 6,058 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Kezlou - that sounds an excellent idea to hire the wheelchair. :) PAH has been posting pics on Facebook and has commented a little too :)

meanmarie - good luck with your catch up :)
  • kezlou
    Options
    aw great i'm glad she all right, i know suffers form pain a lot so i'm always concerned about debbie (PAH).

popperwell don't walk on the ice, just get a taxi, fork out the money than falling over. thats what i'm doing, my OH has been having stern words with me about looking after myself.

kidcat - i'm still not sure about though, OH is a bit iffy about hiring one long term. I think he thinks i'm giving up because i'm feeling depressed. Instead he suggested hiring a wheelchair for a couple of hours and going out in town to a cafe this week just to see how i am. Then hiring a wheelchair in the next week or so.
  • heavenleigh
    Options
    Pooky wrote: »
    That's a late pick up Heavenleigh... Hope you manage to stay awake.

We started with a pretty frost this morning but by 8.30 it was snowing really heavily and laid! Snowed until 1pm, the sun came out and it all vanished. Did look pretty though.

DD1 is working tonight until 10pm so needs collecting (car needed scraping at 6.30pm when she went to work and I need to go scrape it again in a mo). DD2 was at a panto with school last night and it was an 11pm pick up......as we're normally in bed by 9pm its been hard work.

Had a good premium bonds win this morning, will use it wisely at the weekend as I'm taking DDs and a friend each off to London for ice skating and Christmas markets with a spot of lunch. DHs parents are taking him out for lunch and going to entertain him for the afternoon so at least I know he's safe (don't mind leaving him for an hour or so but if he has a big fall whilst I'm so far away I'd never forgive myself).

The kittens first experience of snow was mixed....ginger boy was prancing around chasing snow flakes, tabby girl looked from under the table with disdain and fluffy girl did girly prances across the lawn shaking her feet and whiskers. So lovely to watch.

Still awake, just! i keep looking outside to gage the frost but luckily in Nottinghamshire the frost isn't too bad yet.
    I know I'm fretting over nothing and he'll be fine, but it's icy and late, busses full of school kids at that time in the morning has my stomach churning.
    I try to not be too overprotective with them, by letting them experience things i'd rather not, but it doesn't half make me sit around feeling sick until they arrive home safe!
    I will save my tesco £1 savings stamps this year! .......so far = £50 (full card#1)
    Card #2 £6. I will not be skint at Chistmas this year!

Total £56
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport