PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

'supporting each other through really tough times'

Options

Comments

• Popperwell
    Popperwell Posts: 5,088 Forumite
    edited 5 December 2012 at 8:28PM
    Options
    I doubt that I'll be straying far from home myself GQ and will probably in bed long before New Year comes in. It is so quiet around here these days.

Tired? I fell asleep and had an hour between 4pm-5pm today.

Then again, I could not get comfortable in bed last night, I was ready to sleep but my body had other ideas, painful joints etc...and painkillers don't always work and TBH with kidney problems I have to be careful anyhow.

Hugs to you SQ...I have a feeling we all have dates that will come to mind and get to us but perhaps others don't realise...I hope it was not too bad and you were able to find that inner peace or acceptance.
    "A government afraid of its citizens is a Democracy. Citizens afraid of government is tyranny!" ~Thomas Jefferson

"Your assumptions are your windows on the world. Scrub them off every once in a while, or the light won't come in" ~ Alan Alda
  • missrlr
    missrlr Posts: 2,192 Forumite
    Options
    GQ I am currently plotting a return to bed with hot bottle in the none too distant future ..... Probably before 8 if I am honest, hoping to get another decent nights kip to try and get this head of mine off the boat! Stay safe all
    Start info Dec11 :eek:
    H@lifax [STRIKE]£13813.45[/STRIKE] paid Sep14 paid 23 months early :T
    Mortgage [STRIKE]£206400[/STRIKE] :eek: £199750 Mortgage £112500
    B@rclays £[STRIKE]25000[/STRIKE] paid 4 years 5 months early. S@ntander £[STRIKE]9300[/STRIKE] paid 2 years 2 months early
    2013 8lb lost 2014 need to lose 14lb. Lost 4 so far!;)
  • Popperwell
    Options
    I hope it works and you have a peaceful and restful night missrir. There is something comforting about being in a cosy bed.

I hope Jem is ok after today and it was not too upsetting.
    "A government afraid of its citizens is a Democracy. Citizens afraid of government is tyranny!" ~Thomas Jefferson

"Your assumptions are your windows on the world. Scrub them off every once in a while, or the light won't come in" ~ Alan Alda
  • mcculloch29
    mcculloch29 Posts: 4,972 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler
    Options
    Hello again Pops, so, so pleased that you enjoyed last night at the Club.
    Most weeks are free - we even have a FREE PARTY on Dec 18th. I'm so proud to be an informal member of that club, such a warm and welcoming atmosphere, and such talent too.

I haven't been on MSE as much as I've been busy with RL.

I had a large chunk of work to do yesterday that I knew would take around 3 hours and an old friend dropped in - and stayed all afternoon to chat. She is a lovely person but has had fragile mental health so the conversation was a bit eggshelly.

I had to smile at one point - she had a very professional job when I first knew her and she got to know me through my providing childcare services.

She suggested I go work as a nanny to boost my income.. Eh?

My disability rules that out, but also, I've spent the last 12 years building up my career as an adult education tutor - I've got a degree, teaching certs and postgrad. diplomas. I loved childcare but I've moved on - but I guess not in her eyes!
    I gently explained I HAD moved on from that and it wasn't practical any more.

I am a random thanker of posts that entertain, inform or mention me, I don't usually look to see who has thanked me, on the same basis that they may be equally random.

EEK - DS on late shift & spag bol not cooked yet - adios!
    Erma Bombeck, American writer: "If I had my life to live over again... I would have burned the pink candle, sculptured like a rose, that melted in storage." Don't keep things 'for best' - that day never comes. Use them and enjoy them now.
  • Popperwell
    Options
    Thank you for your kindness mcculloch:) It gives me something to look forward to, hope to be a regular and hope it continues for many years to come.

Meals?

I have lots of meat to use(Yellow stickered)I'll never do it so I will risk it being slightly out of date. And use it in sandwiches(well buns)how easy is that?

For anyone else reading we met today(informally outside of Aldi's)it turned really nasty weatherwise. And I could not believe how late it was as went back home but I had forgotten how late I had come out in the first place.

Messed up by the powercut, I came out originally to get my winnings on the Euromilions ticket and I took another kind of handbag into the charity shop.

• heavenleigh
    Options
    I'm hoping this board strays busy with chatter tonight!
    Even though i'm a stay at home mum i'm shattered every night by this time watching the clock until eldest ds's curfew of 9pm (he's nearly 15, and i'm mean lol) 4 kids, insomnia and 19 hour days of washing and generally trying to remember family things doesn't suit me in Winter!
    Sorry starting to waffle on, anyway ds1 is on a school trip to a Manchester United football game tonight for excellent behaviour, but needs picking up from School at 1am!
    Daren't fall asleep, have set 3 alarms incase!!!
    It's going to be a long night, then not looking forward to trying to drag him out of bed for school in the morning :0(
    I will save my tesco £1 savings stamps this year! .......so far = £50 (full card#1)
    Card #2 £6. I will not be skint at Chistmas this year!

Total £56
  • Nargleblast
    Nargleblast Posts: 10,762 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 5 December 2012 at 9:39PM
    Options
    Only four and a half hours to go now, heavenleigh - and just as well you don't have to go out to work tomorrow, you can treat yourself to an hour or so siesta after lunch before the hordes descend from school!
    One life - your life - live it!
  • kidcat
    kidcat Posts: 6,058 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    heavenleigh - I would suggest you try to sleep for a few hours - it will make it easier later :)
  • elizabunny
    elizabunny Posts: 1,030 Forumite
    edited 5 December 2012 at 9:50PM
    Options
    VJsmum wrote: »
    Eliza, my son has a broken front tooth (going up a water slide the wrong way and slipped :eek:) but the dentist does a temporary repair for him as he is too young to have it crowned. He puts a kind of toothpaste on it which sets hard and you can't tell the difference. It lasts about 6 months. Might do for you if keeping your mouth closed is too difficult! :p

Best wishes today, Jem

Thanks VJsmum, that sounds really good -I have never heard of it and yes it would be better than keeping my mouth closed all the time:rotfl:

Thanks Meme30 I will freeze my shortbread then:)

Two hours and some colourful words later I have one Holly Wreath made. Think I'm losing my touch I used to knock these out like fun being an ex florist. Now I just hate the prickles and holly make my hands itch even if I wear gloves. It looks nice though and has saved me about £12, only two more to go.
    Sealed Pot Challenge 7 Member 022 :staradmin:staradmin:staradmin
    5:2 Diet started 28/1/2013 only 13lbs lost due to Xmas 2013 blip.
  • heavenleigh
    Options
    I'm hoping this board strays busy with chatter tonight!
    Even though i'm a stay at home mum (
    Just noticed my typo but i find it fitting, better than if i'd said i was a stray at home mum lol :rotfl:
    I will save my tesco £1 savings stamps this year! .......so far = £50 (full card#1)
    Card #2 £6. I will not be skint at Chistmas this year!

Total £56
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport