PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

'supporting each other through really tough times'

Options

Comments

• Nargleblast
    Nargleblast Posts: 10,762 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Fuddle - congratulations on the new house, a start of a new chapter for you and yours!
    One life - your life - live it!
  • Pooky
    Pooky Posts: 7,023 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Byatt, I've decided I want to come live in your inglenook, I'll bring cake, my sewing machine and a kitten or three.

That ok? Yes? Great!
    "Start every day off with a smile and get it over with" - W. C. Field.
  • monnagran
    monnagran Posts: 5,284 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Byatt: I'm not jealous, really I'm not. This green colour is just a reflection from the traffic lights outside.

Fuddle: Just remember to pack the Christmas decorations somewhere easily gettable at.

Angel-Jenny: I would join you in Zumba classes but fear I would pass out after 20 seconds. I intend to join a gentle exercise class for the elderly, unfit and lazy sometime soon. I've not looked in a mirror for so long now that in my mind's eye I am 35, weigh 9 stone and still elicit the odd wolf whistle. Sadly I'm more than double the age, almost double the weight and the last wolf whistle is a dim and distant memory. My only comfort is that wrinkles don't hurt.
    I occasionally get a glimpse of a fat old woman ambling along reflected in a shop window. Poor old dear, I wonder who she is.

Today I resolved to get some of my cupboards sorted and a load of de-cluttering done. Again. You know what the road to hell is paved with, don't you?

Did start on the cupboard under the sink. !!!!!!!!!!!
    Unfortunately the phone rang while I was kneeling on the floor and it took me so long to heave myself up that the caller had rung off before I made it. So disheartening, I hurled everything back into the cupboard and left it to today's best labour-saving device. Tomorrow.

That's it. I'm going to iron some teatowels. Not mine - the church's. With a bit of luck the good church ladies will think that anyone who irons teatowels so beautifully will have an immaculate and well-ordered house. Well...you can fool some of the people some of the time.

Take care.

x
    I believe that friends are quiet angels
    Who lift us to our feet when our wings
    Have trouble remembering how to fly.
  • sevenup01
    Options
    Fuddle i am so pleased for you and i hope the new home is everything you hope and dream of.
  • greenbee
    greenbee Posts: 16,159 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    mardatha wrote: »
    A girl cant have too many axes ;)
    One thing to be careful of until you get the hang of it - don't overload it on windy days. Our new one gets red hot and roars like a bloody furnace and is very scarey - we keep it really low in gales.

Both excellent pieces of advice. I have an axe (which OH is not allowed to use), a hatchet and a log splitter. I just need more logs... And you definitely don't want the stove roaring like that! Terrifying...

Another thought - I find that if it gets too hot with wood, changing over to coal slows it down a bit, as it takes a lot of energy to get it going. It'll take you a while to get the hang of it, which is a good excuse to spend a lot of time sitting in front of the stove just watching it!

Good luck in your new home Fuddle. Great news on passing the credit checks :T
  • ginnyknit
    ginnyknit Posts: 3,718 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I think everyone is pleased for you little fuddle :j:j:j well deserved I say.xx

Byatt thats fab, I dont do jealousy but I have to say i am jealous of that! Im glad you fell like its more of a home now instead of just somewhere to lay your hat. Dont forget to take a carrier bag out with you to pick up bits of wood while you are out and about :rotfl:

Had a nsd and done loads of crafty things today. DGs caller to see us after his first speech therapy lesson and was very excited. If you say 'ready steady' he says 'GO!' and he shouted his grandad who was in the garden shed looking for something, well he yelled it actually.
    Clearing the junk to travel light
    Saving every single penny.
    I will get my caravan
  • jpscloud
    jpscloud Posts: 1,465 Forumite
    Options
    Lovely news fuddle, I'm so happy for you and your family! Now you can plan in earnest for your new home.

Byatt what a lovely stove - enjoy it and thanks for sharing pics :)

I had a really lovely day at work today, and it's not often you can say that when you work in education. I'm keeping this one to remember in times of woe!

I had a splendid feast of pizza baguettes and onion rings (courtesy of Aldi) for Friday night treat, I've kicked off my shoes, changed into my jammies and now I'm toasting my toes with the fan heater and chilling out with a computer game and the telly. Life is good.
    I believe in the freedom of spinach and the right to arm bears.

Weight loss journey started January 2015
    -32lbs
  • homerdog
    homerdog Posts: 107 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    One of my daughters has a wall mounted table from !ke@, it is very small tho, don't know if they do other sizes, this one only big enough for 2.
    fuddle wrote: »
    Hi Jackie :)

Mine is because I'm always in a jumble, mostly in my head.

monnagran DH would have a heebie at you giving me carte blanche to buy more decorations :D I'll have my decs up don't you worry ;)

A butterfly table sounds good also I think it was kidcat that mentioned a wall mounted table the other day too.
  • mcculloch29
    Options
    Good news shared -hooray! New home, new fire...

I'm dealing with a bit of a blow though it's not truly personal. Angrove Rumbaba, Rummy, will not be running tomorrow, or for some time. He's been injured - torn a ligament, which is quite serious. I'm gutted for Heather and Lev, his owners - and for the other syndicate members.

The programme about him on Monday will still be going out as it features his races earlier this year, but tomorrow was to be the big one, a skewbald horse over jumps in the UK for the first time.
    Erma Bombeck, American writer: "If I had my life to live over again... I would have burned the pink candle, sculptured like a rose, that melted in storage." Don't keep things 'for best' - that day never comes. Use them and enjoy them now.
  • jpscloud
    jpscloud Posts: 1,465 Forumite
    Options
    Sorry to hear that mcculloch. He's a truly lovely horse - I hope he recovers soon.
    I believe in the freedom of spinach and the right to arm bears.

Weight loss journey started January 2015
    -32lbs
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family