PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

'supporting each other through really tough times'

Options

Comments

• shegar
    shegar Posts: 1,978 Forumite
    Options
    greenbee wrote: »
    Good point about keeping the fuel dry Shegar... as Byatt has that HUGE inglenook she can probably keep a weeks' worth or more of logs and kindling stacked up and drying! She doesn't even need a log basket...

Yes she got a super fire there, no wonder shes so excited............Your right about the amount of room in the hearth, she certaintly can bring a months worth of kindling in...:D....

I want to see her next pic of a lovely old fashioned kettle on the top and some flames in the fire, ive got the tea bags ready..ha ha ...:D....

It is cold outside now, ive had a shower, had my tea, and now im gonna watch some flames.....:D..Cant wait to see more pics from Byatts fire.....:)
  • fuddle
    fuddle Posts: 6,823 Forumite
    Options
    Byatt, my turn... You've had that for 2 years and never lit it!? :eek:

It's bloomin' lovely! :j Lucky you :)

My two love steamed carrots so that might be the way to go, cooking them separately. Maybe the carrots are too squishy for their pallet.

Erm, I have good news :D We're definitely moving on the 15th! :j:j Better still, we passed the credit check (DH had 1 refer but I suspected as one creditor still has a default marked on our file instead of marking it settled but they've said it's not at all a problem) so it feels good to have got it off our own back and not via a favour from the LL. I know it doesn't at all matter as we're moving!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but it matters to me with the feelings of rebuilding.

Wow. Thank you for trying to keep my feet on the ground. I know it's been difficult. :o
  • Possession
    Possession Posts: 3,262 Forumite
    Options
    Brilliant news Fuddle. :j:j
    And even better we all get to say we told you so, LOL! :rotfl:

Have decided we're going to the cinema tomorrow, to the kid's club showing which will be £3.60 for the 4 of us. It's Nativity, so it will start getting us in the xmas spirit and I'd like to see it as the children are desperate to see Nativity 2.
  • stiltwalker
    stiltwalker Posts: 1,319 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Fuddle - :j:j:j:j:j What more can I say?
  • mardatha
    mardatha Posts: 15,612 Forumite
    Options
    Byatt, use the axe to make the kindling really thin and it catches much faster. Store the next day's kindling under the stove, but check well for beasties.
    Fuddle - MAGIC!
  • Bigjenny
    Bigjenny Posts: 601 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    Congratulations Fuddle :j:j:j:j:j
    "When one door closes another door opens; but we so often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door, that we do not see the ones which open for us" Alexander Graham Bell
  • mama67
    mama67 Posts: 1,367 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Great news Fuddle :)
    My self & hubby; 2 sons (28 & 25). Now also a daughter (36). Eldest son has his own house with partner & her 2 children (10 & 8)
    Youngest looking to buy a house end of 2024.
    Daughter married with 3 boys (11, 8 & 4).
    My mother always served up leftovers we never knew what the original meal was. - Tracey Ulman
  • SDG31000
    SDG31000 Posts: 1,009 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    That is fantastic news fuddle :D Congratulations xxxx

Congrats on the new woodburner Byatt :)
  • kidcat
    kidcat Posts: 6,058 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Really pleased for you Fuddle. :)
  • mrsmortenharket