PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

'supporting each other through really tough times'

Options

Comments

• kidcat
    kidcat Posts: 6,058 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Byatt - am so excited for you:j:j:j

Am dealing with group crisis, one member made a comment yesterday that another has taken the wrong way and I am caught in cross fire.
    The trouble is that one gets hold of the wrong end of stick and the other is definitely autistic so speaks without thinking. I think I need Kofi Anan or whoever :D

This is the bit that worries me about my role, I spent years in my volunteer role being told I was tactless, undiplomatic and not a people person so having to deal with this now really worries me.

Fuddle - any news yet? am on edge of my seat (but am with kittie and will be breaking out the wine too)
  • 7_week_wonder
    Options
    grandma247 wrote: »
    Wow you could even try double choc by adding some cocoa to the dough.

Oh nooooooo! Now I am just going to have to test that idea - oops:p
  • fuddle
    fuddle Posts: 6,823 Forumite
    Options
    Nope, no news yet. I guess it all depends now on how quickly my present LL gets the reference to them. I hope they just call them. I know DH's boss just rang and did it over the phone.

I just wish I knew for sure, although it is looking better now. Fingers crossed.

Byatt. Hurry on woman ;) tell us have you got a fire?!
  • Softstuff
    Softstuff Posts: 3,086 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Morning All,

Just had to post the slightly bleared eyed conversation I had with OH at 0630 this morning. I was fast asleep before he got home last night so we hadn't had a chance to chat about the the weekend:

Me: "So do you want to go and see Skyfall this evening?"
    OH: "To be honest I'm too tired, I might fall asleep"
    Me: "Ok, in that case it's Softstuff chickpea curry for tea"
    OH: "Brilliant - that sounds like a much better idea"

So there you go Softstuff - you are officially better than 007 :p

That's tickled me so much I changed my sig! I'm just sorry that my current recipes have less common ingredients, so they wouldn't be as welcome I reckon.

So glad about your stove Byatt :p:T

Well, good news/bad news today. Bad news is I was half an hour late with my tablets and the world suddenly turned into a giant waltzer. In other words, I'm not as good as I thought I was and an MRI/possible MS is not quite off the cards yet. Good news is, we just went out to dinner because hubby got a pay rise. Though, that might just pay for more tablets for me.... :rotfl: Oh and virtual margaritas all round!
    Softstuff- Officially better than 007
  • fuddle
    Options
    Yey!! Byatt, that's great news. Light it now!

Pssst, there's videos on youtube to help you light a fire. I haven't watched them, honest :p:o:rotfl:
  • 7_week_wonder
    Options
    Softstuff wrote: »
    That's tickled me so much I changed my sig! I'm just sorry that my current recipes have less common ingredients, so they wouldn't be as welcome I reckon

How about you post them and we decide whether they're welcome;)

Hope the waltzer has stopped and you enjoyed a lovely dinner out cos if anyone deserves a break at the moment it's you!
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    mild mild mild. We`ll have no trouble getting to dd`s for christmas and perhaps the winter tyres were a waste of money, well they will be for december anyway. Fuddle, NO SNOW and thats 80% sure. Scotland should get their usual falls towards end of month. That`s it in a nutshell but I did it quickly
  • fuddle
    Options
    nutshell is good enough for me kittie. Thank you very much :)
  • sevenup01
    Options
    Byatt that is wonderful news:j:j:j! I hope you enjoy your first fire in that beautiful stove.
  • Possession
    Possession Posts: 3,262 Forumite
    Options
    You know why it's going to be mild don't you - because Byatt just got her stove sorted! It CANNOT be a coincidence. Suits me!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure