PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

'supporting each other through really tough times'

Options

Comments

• Uniscots97
    Uniscots97 Posts: 6,685 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    fuddle wrote: »
    Lyn nooooooooooooooooooooo, thank you. I'd feel far too bad. I'd rather you kept it. You do enough for me already :)

My copy will last me a while yet, don't worry. I just hope they keep making scales with oz's on!

unigirl at 33 I get completely absorbed in the christmas spirit so I'm sure she will too. I hope. Speaking of which, has anyone managed to get a look at BBCGoodFood Christmas magazine yet?

Fuddle, I'm 36 and still love it. Had a few tough ones but hopefully thats all in the past. Hopefully, at some point I'll get my very own little bundle to share it with.
    CC2 = £8687.86 ([STRIKE]£10000[/STRIKE] )CC1 = £0 ([STRIKE]£9983[/STRIKE] ); Reusing shopping bags savings =£5.80 vs spent £1.05.Wine is like opera. You can enjoy it even if you don't understand it and too much can give you a headache the next day J
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 2 November 2012 at 4:28PM
    Options
    Bless you FUDDLE, I really don't use it at all so you are very welcome to it, let me know if you change your mind and I'll pop it up to you right away, I'd rather see it used than sit on my bookshelf, Love Lyn xxx.

My girls at 28 and 34 still have to have a stocking on christmas morning, and insist on sitting on our bed to open all the presents, of course SANTA IS REAL!!!! Don't believe anyone who says otherwise, L x.
  • maryb
    maryb Posts: 4,661 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    My DDs say they don't need stockings any more but then I can see they regret it as Christmas draws closer. So I do them, but they're never sure if this will be the year I stop hee hee. So it's always a surprise. I'm not allowed to change any of the other Christmas traditions. In fact it's going to be really intensive Christmas this year as DD1 is back living at home full time and is very excited. Though why that should make such a difference I'm not sure because when she was at uni, term always finished the first week in December
    It doesn't matter if you are a glass half full or half empty sort of person. Keep it topped up! Cheers!
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 12,492 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    tbh I am so relieved to have been firm, telling dh that I was cancelling and then doing it. It really is horrible being away from home and having your nearest and dearest cough as though his lungs would give up, so much better to be at home in an even temperature and he is fine, I just wanted to nip this horrible thing in the bud and so far so good. Never ignore a cold particularly if very young or over 60

Went to sainsburys and it was heaving, like christmas, horrible, got my list bought and came out at a snails pace. It`s making me very glad of my storecupboard and am thinking of ways to get around `fresh` stuff. Alfalfa seeds are going in the sprouter from tomorrow and lots of dark fruits already in the freezer, so vitamins will be good in an alternative way. I am making flaxseed crackers as flaxseeds are anti-inflammatory whereas wheat is inflammatory. 2 cups flaxseeds, 2c water, 1 tsp salt. Soak until gloopy, then spread and dehydrate. I made 22 crackers. Lots of apple basics bought and now in the shed and when they are finished, I will use dried in compote together with the dark frozen fruits. I already have dried yoghurt starter (iherb) and will use that if my yoghurt needs replacing

I had flashbacks in bed last night as dh woke me a lot with his horrible chesty cough. 1977 and huddled before a barely glowing fire and feeling so ill with `real` flu. You cannot put one foot in front of another, so for me that would be another shtf moment and I may well get emergency flu things into one box and that includes cans and packets of instant food

What will I make with noro kureyon sock yarn?
  • Money_maker
    Money_maker Posts: 5,471 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Be-ro and McDougalls both £2.50 each freepost. Order online http://www.greatlittleideas.com/shop/

HTH someone.
    Please do not quote spam as this enables it to 'live on' once the spam post is removed. ;)

If you quote me, don't forget the capital 'M'

Declutterers of the world - unite! :rotfl::rotfl:
  • nuttyp
    nuttyp Posts: 2,035 Forumite
    Options
    Ive just seen in a magazine i found a pattern for doing some patchwork, its a log cabin quilt. Can anyone explain in plain simple english how you do it. It says on the plan to use fat quarters?? what size is that?? Ive never tackled anything like this before but i want a winter project and thought this would be nice.

I cant watch u tube or go on facebook on the computer, due to these being blocked as DD managed to download from one of these sites a major problem that killed the last laptop.

Going into the garden in a bit, before the council drive by and write to say my front garden needs tidying up. Its only leaves, but its best to keep them happy.
    :D:D BSC member 137 :D:D

BR 26/10/07 Discharged 09/05/08 !!!

Onwards and upwards - no looking back....
  • 7_week_wonder
    Options
    Afternoon everyone,

Just thought I'd better say hello on the new thread to avoid drifting back into lurkdom!

My mum is visiting and arrived last night at the station last night with a very heavy suitcase. All was revealed when she unload 5 large jars of quince jelly, which I love!

We hit the shops this morning to do mum's Christmas shopping. Bless her, she's still getting used to being on her own (we suddenly realised that before dad died last year she had *never* in 81 years lived on her own), and so she panics she'll not be able to get all the presents sorted (7 grand children and 10 great grandchildren so far!) However, with a list and a bit of will-power we were finished and having a celebratory pub-lunch by 1pm and she's now snoozing in front of the fire!

Lovely late afternoon here, I hope the weather stayed fine for Stiltwalker.

Right time to read through the new Jamie Oliver fish pie I'm doing for supper. It's supposed to be idiot-proof: here's hoping.

Enjoy your Friday evening everyone.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    NUTTYP - Have a look at the 'FRUGAL IN CORNWALL' site, the lady who writes it is a quilter and there is oodles of information in the blog archive, I believe she also runs courses , it might be useful to you, Cheers Lyn x.
  • fuddle
    fuddle Posts: 6,823 Forumite
    Options
    nutty, a fat quarter is a quarter of a square yard/square metre of fabric I think.

I didn't know McDougals have books either. Thank you and Thank you Byatt
  • debtmess
    debtmess Posts: 711 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    On the subject of baking/cooking, I have no idea where to look for a recipe.
    My grandma used to cook some sort of baked savoury pudding made with suit whenever she cooked beef, she would make it and place it in top of a casserole dish to cook it, in the oven until golden brown. Any ideas?

After a busy morning in house ds2 had an asthma review, they have decided to put him on some tablets along with his inhalers for the winter (he has had 5 nebs this year along with oral steroids) collecting the script for that next week. Had to get gas and elec and found lots of nice looking chicken yellow stickers in co op :) now stored in the freezer for 6 meals this month total cost £2.40.

The OT's had recommended youngest ds would benefit from a trampette indoors found one today for £4, even better its as new and would be £30 on amazon.
    Debt free :beer:

Married 15/02/14:D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family