25% off 6 bottles of wine @ Tesco's.

Options

Comments

• pjran
    pjran Posts: 1,903 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Thank you very much for highlighting this Tesco offer. The 3 for £12 gives the 25% off the original price. I've been to Tesco Hythe and bought 9 bottles of the merlot. They had plenty on the shelves of the white and red. :beer:
  • moogster1a
    Options
    very excited OH just 'phoned from rawtenstall store. Got lots and lots for £1.50. Don't know how many but was warned savings might be cancelled out by broken axle on the car!!
  • bettyboo333
    Options
    Just to check before I put my order through is the 25% off active on online orders and is the price deducted on delivery???
  • chirpy2003
    Options
    Just been to my store got last two bottles of reg ogio and four of hardys chardonay came to just over £2 a bottle hubby will be pleased
  • chirpy2003
    Options
    Oh forgot to say heard the wines manager saying he needed to get the 3 for 12 wines off the shelf casue they were scanning wrong !!!!!!!! not sure what he ment by that cause I was overjoyed with my price :-))
  • anteater99
    anteater99 Posts: 1,164 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just to check before I put my order through is the 25% off active on online orders and is the price deducted on delivery???

Please do confirm as I'm deliberating whether to hit the confirm button.
  • mystic_trev
    mystic_trev Posts: 5,430 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Diane60 wrote: »
    No Ogio at all on 3 for £12 at my local (pontefr@ct) store. Not even a shelf edge sticker. Don't think we will be able to take advantage of this........:mad:

The Ogio's going quick. I got the last 9 bottles from Sevenoaks store. Also stocked up on some Hardy's Merlot at the same time.
  • BoroBaby
    BoroBaby Posts: 68 Forumite
    Options
    Got a box of Ogio and went through self service till, lady who authorised said nothing re price and I said I was going for more. Went back for more and cashier said wrong price but let it go through. Pushed my luck with another box and a cashier and supervisor came past, 'is that the lady?' They then came across to the till and said they were going to watch it go through as it wasn't right, as though it was my fault! They went off muttering about double checking and ringing head office. So get it quick.:T
  • wannasave_2
    Options
    This time the double discount glitch seems to have come very much to their attention so I reckon this one will be the last time it happens - they are sure to sort their tills out for future promotions, as Sainsburys managed to do when the same thing used to happen there.
  • Imastu
    Imastu Posts: 141 Forumite
    Options
    It's odd - I thought they HAD sorted out their glitching strategy and were well aware of the discount, hence last time withdrew the 3 for £10 (or £12) deals just before the 25% thing went live.

They maintained it for a few, poor quality bottle last time, and also for the minis, but these did not give quite the discounts they did in the past - I recall the mini Jacobs Creek Cabernet being 62.5p a bottle rather than the current 88p (I think it was 2 for £2.50 then). So all in all they were happy to run with it and give a bargain, but less of a bargain than in the past.

But presumably somebody has messed up (again...) on this promotion - selling Orio for £1.50 a bottle (or £2.30 for the VR) is not profitable.

:beer:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport