PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

November 2012 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• Pernicious
    Pernicious Posts: 1,786 Forumite
    Options
    Confession time...I have completely lost the plot this month! I don't know how much I have spent all I know is I'm over budget by a fair bit! Going to set myself a mini challenge of only one takeaway each month, & get back into the habit of doing one shop a week instead of lots of "little" top up shops as I always end up going out with one thing more than I wanted!
    :idea:Debt at July 2012: £12,862.57 :eek:
    :dance:Current Debt: £0 :j
    100% paid off!
    :think: Savings Goal for November 2016: £5000 :cool:
    :D Current Savings: £1176.24 _party_
    23.52% Saved!
  • Make-it-3
    Make-it-3 Posts: 1,661 Forumite
    Options
    I'm laid up with flu, so meal plans have all gone to pot although obviously as I haven't been out I haven't been spending either. OH has been cooking/buying emergency supplies (it would help if bought more than 2 pts of milk at a time tho). Anyway totting these all up and adding to my total brings me to £189.55/£200.

I will have to drag myself out of the house tomorrow as everything is now bare and do one more November shop.
    We Made-it-3 on 28/01/11 with birth of our gorgeous DD.
  • CookieMonsta
    Options
    Can I change my budget for December please?

£300

which is 10% off what I spent this month :(
    Decluttering 2015: 2162/2015
  • pinkypig
    pinkypig Posts: 1,814 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hi everyone. I have managed to end my November GC with a couple of much needed NSDs :j
    My month has now ended so I am going to declare at a frustratingly close £200.49 . So close! Actually quite chuffed as we are down on last month and way down on our pre GC days.
    It is really interesting that although we are spending far less we are very well stocked and we are eating better - amazing and all down to this fab thread. Thank you all :T:T

Have a good rest of the month I will see you all over on December

PPxx
    Original mortgage £112,000 . Final payment due August 2027.
    Mortgage neutral achieved August 2020 - 7 years early!!!
  • mrs-moneypenny
    Options
    managed 2 NSD as planned and tonights tea it lentil pie
    lentils, carrots leek, and celery under a cheesey mash topping. all from the stores.
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • vanoonoo
    vanoonoo Posts: 1,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    last shop for nov came in at just under £50 which I am fairly pleased with as we bought a few luxury bits and christmas bits so I can live with nov spends :) december will have to be another £250 month as we are entertaining NYE and hosting for my b'day and the husbands b'day so it's likely to be an expensive one but to balance we're having a fair few meals out too :) will update sig and post in dec thread too :)
    Blah
  • Bluegreen143
    Options
    Evening everyone! Oh bought some basil out of his own money for the pasta he's cooking up just now. Plus beer, which doesn't count as it's also his own money. So a no spend day I guess.

So hungry and cannot wait until dinner is made (we both got back late)!!
    Part time working mum | Married in 2014 | DS born 2015 & DD born 2018 | Allegedly attempting to be mortgage free - diary here
  • peony40
    peony40 Posts: 645 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Managed to lose track of my last receipt, but if my memory serves me correctly I am over by about £5 this month, so for me, not too bad.

I need to set up a folder to hold my menu plan, receipts, budget xls etc., as at the moment I have various bits of paper dotted around the house with my scribblings on and I lose track/focus.

Sorry, that I have not been around much but I have been busy caring for my mum who had a major stroke in the summer. Hope to get into more of a routine ready for 2013.
    Sealed Pot Challenge # 003
    August 2023 Grocery Challenge: Wk 2 £31.39/40 Wk 3 £35.18/40 (savings: £13.43)
  • jumblejack
    jumblejack Posts: 6,599 Forumite
    Options
    Great day today. Spent with restraint and bought some castor wheels, a crochet hook, wool, a ham hock for £1.50 and some salad stuff from a grocers.

We had Brie and bacon frittata for tea using up what needed using.
    photo-1186.jpg

Very tasty it was too.

I also learnt how to crochet and made a very practical headband/ear warmer with a rose embellishment. Only took me about.....

7 hours!!!!!!!!

IMG_5341-1.jpg

Sleep tight peeps :)
    :A Every moment is a gift. That's why we call it the present.!:A
    Grocery Spend Weekly Challenge (Sat-Fri):£30.50/£40
  • Coxy11
    Coxy11 Posts: 4,878 Forumite
    Homepage Hero Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi everyone,

JJ - I re-learnt to crochet at the beginning of the year (I used to do this as a child - my Mum taught me ;)). It's such a lovely craft to do, and progress is quick. There's an excellent tutorial blog 'from the attic' - PM me if you want details.

Chicken curry, rice and naan for tea tonight. Have everything in for that, nice and easy :D

Stay safe and warm everyone.
    Coxy
    Cross-stitch WIP: Durene Jones Haberdashery Shop 365 1p challenge member No.6 Read 24 books in 2024 - currently reading Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn 12/24
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure