The Norfolk hamper company thread

Options

Comments

• ms_night_ryder
    Options
    Also he is wasting police resources, if they really are monitoring a 100 page thread! Poor form Neil.
    Lose 28lb 3/28lb
    SPC Member 1522/2012-£264/ new pot 2013
  • gocat
    gocat Posts: 5,905 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Toto wrote: »
    I also have to say I'm a little disappointed that Martin has not popped in to offer a little consumer advice/support.

Any twitterers here tweeted martin about this yet. Should get his attention as his twitter feed runs alongside this website
  • bilko1234
    Options
    vandanfc wrote: »
    This is the Amazon supplier:

http://www.blueberrygroup.net/index.html

Date of Incorporation: 07/07/2004

Country of Origin: United Kingdom
    Company Type: Private Limited Company
    Nature of Business (SIC):
    46360 - Wholesale of sugar and chocolate and sugar confectionery

Does not look like there is a connection at all.

Maybe Mr NHCo is just buying direct from them too ?

blueberry group hampers
    The final arm of our Foodfinders division is the supply of personalised food gift items to leisure destinations as well as to promotional and corporate customers. Serviced by a dedicated telesales operation, we are able to incorporate your own company logo or personalised artwork onto a range of food gifts which are suitable for resale or to be given as complimentary gifts
  • Daffy22
    Daffy22 Posts: 110 Forumite
    Options
    If he had been sending some this week surely some of us here should be receiving them by now, it must have all been lies, why send dispatch emails then?

I have never received a dispatch email for the 8 hampers I have already had this year...doubtful there is the time for him to sit and do that for all this backlog
    24 beers in a case - 24 hours in a day. Coincidence? :beer:
  • Tracyjj0
    Tracyjj0 Posts: 194 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just started a claim on PayPal for my 12+12 hamper deal. I notice it skipped the stage where they contact the seller and allowed me to immediately escalate to a full claim.

PayPal must not be getting any dialogue from him.

It still leaves me with an order I made back in October, that falls outside the 45 day window. Goodbye £74.99, goodbye hamper each for parents and in laws.

Gone beyond anger now and am just left feeling really low about this :(
  • Toto
    Toto Posts: 6,680 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I tried to open a paypal case even though I ordered in October. It was immediately closed which is a shame, there should be a route to go for pre-orders. My paypal is linked to my debit card, hard lesson learned here! I hope by opening a case it adds me to the numbers to help others who can claim back.

I suppose my next step is small claims court? Is that right?
    :A
    :A
    "Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid" - Albert Einstein
  • frugal_shopper_2
    Options
    vandanfc wrote: »
    I don't think they are:

Blueberry Hamper in original link:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Blueberry-Just-Add-Cheese-Hamper/dp/B009OEO31A

This hamper uses the same products as supplied/owned by the Blueberry Group - Fosters/Spinaker etc.

"The Blueberry Group supplies ambient speciality foods to all sectors of the UK retail marketplace. Trading as Fosters Traditional Foods and The Foodfinders, the business successfully services the independent retailer and the multiple retail sector without compromise.

More recent additions to the brand portfolio, but no less important, are our grocery brands - Danfood, Spinnaker and Boulevard - as well as speciality brands which form a core part of the range and which we offer exclusively to the independent retailer, namely Fosters, Home Recipe, The Fudge Tree and The Treat Company. "

So a supplier to the likes of NHCo.

You're right I missed the connection to Fosters. Looking at their site it seems they supply an awful lot of the hampers NHC sell, retro sweets, just add cheese, fiery chilli, various christmas baskets etc...

Pictures on the NHC site are taken (with permission) from Fosters & all shortages/substitutions for those hampers will be due to Fosters not supplying the correct goods. It also explains the reason hampers have been packed in Leicestershire (Fosters are based there).
    http://www.fosters-foods.co.uk/all-products/christmas-products/turkish-delight?Page=3&Items=20
  • ohmochraich
    Options
    karlie88 wrote: »

Cheers for that! I have just taken the liberty of (virtually) banging on the door and expressing my opinion....:rotfl::rotfl: As I'm physically far too far away to do it!

I just think this whole fiasco is such a shame. If they had just limited it as they should, told the truth and been straight with people it could all have ended so differently with happy customers and so much less stress. I'm guessing that after refunding people they will not now be opening 2 new shops! ( I think they may have got overexcited with expansion based on orders and didn't stop and think logically about HOW they were going to prepare, store and deliver these).

I will wait and see what (if any) reparations they make.
    I have opened a PayPal dispute.....but I'd actually really just rather get all the original stuff I ordered!.......although that's probably VERY unlikely!
    :rotfl:If it weren't for stress I'd have no energy at all. First rule of acting: Whatever happens, look as if it were intended.;)
    Don't follow in my footsteps, I walk into walls:smileyhea When in doubt .............mumble.
    I may look busy, but I'm just confused.:T I smile because i have no idea what's going on.:rotfl:
  • maxtweenie
    maxtweenie Posts: 1,302 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    :D
    I tried to open a paypal case even though I ordered in October. It was immediately closed which is a shame, there should be a route to go for pre-orders. My paypal is linked to my debit card, hard lesson learned here! I hope by opening a case it adds me to the numbers to help others who can claim back.

If you haven't already done so, your next step is to fill in the CAB form online, and then write to the Hamper company asking for a full refund as the instructions from Trading Standards yesterday said. Send it recorded delivery.
  • arthursleep
    Options

Did you fill in the trading standards form linked to on fb? I am in the same position waiting on their reply to complaint form.
    LBM Aug 10 :eek: [STRIKE]15,995.86 [/STRIKE]:eek:12,750.49

Creation [STRIKE]4,336[/STRIKE] 3,753.27 Priority [STRIKE]2,017.89 [/STRIKE] 0 :j Halifax [STRIKE]719[/STRIKE] 576.99
    Barclays [STRIKE]4,077.77 [/STRIKE]3,859.73 Nationwide [STRIKE]2,496.88[/STRIKE] 2,210.5 O/D 2,350
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure