Here we go then - My Diary/Story

Options

Comments

• Walaboobah
    Options
    I earned 44p interest on my Current Account last month! :beer:

I honestly cannot remember the last time that happened!

Every little helps........
  • lurvlyloz
    lurvlyloz Posts: 877 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Walaboobah

just read through your diary & looks like you're doing great :)

good luck :)
    Facing up to things - nov 2012 total 9334.95
    back to work after baby -Jan 2014 - total [STRIKE]6905.28 [/STRIKE](1 credit card) £3535

Debt Free Date March 8th 2017 (31st birthday)
  • Walaboobah
    Options
    thanks Loz, slowly getting there!

Should have done it years ago, might have nipped it in the bud before things got so out of hand!
  • lurvlyloz
    lurvlyloz Posts: 877 Forumite
    Options
    know that feeling well :)
    Facing up to things - nov 2012 total 9334.95
    back to work after baby -Jan 2014 - total [STRIKE]6905.28 [/STRIKE](1 credit card) £3535

Debt Free Date March 8th 2017 (31st birthday)
  • Walaboobah
    Walaboobah Posts: 307 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    What an awful start to the New Year, Mrs Wal got arrested when out with friends on New Years Eve and is looking at a custodial sentence!

It was her friend's fault too but she is guilty by association and has already pleaded. Sentencing at the Crown Court tomorrow!

So that's her income down the Swannee....
  • Walaboobah
    Walaboobah Posts: 307 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Update also on the Halifax, interest has now been added, although at a reduced rate and I am effectively paying off £49 a month off the debt!!! :(
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,627 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Oh dear, not so good.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Walaboobah
    Options
    We'll have to sell the house, she got 3 years her friend who also decided to plead guilty got 4! It'll be in the papers tomorrow I suspect!

Why did I encourage her to go out, I just felt she needed it after the year she had! She didn't even want to but I insisted. What an idiot she should have been home with me, then she would be home now.

I can't cope with all this without her

Why did she stick up for her mate, she should have just left them catfight and it wouldn't have got out of hand

I can't see a way out for me
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,627 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Sorry that the outcome has been such.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Walaboobah
    Options
    Been a long time since I updated this, Mrs Wal is now home again having served half of her sentence and has a part-time job, not earning as much as when childminding but every little helps!

I have somehow managed to struggle on for the last 20 months and have made inroads into the debt.

It started off at £27k and is now at £18,200, have paid £11,500 off the debt in 2 years.

Halifax have now suspended Interest payments at last, still owe them the bulk of the money for the credit card, MBNA's debt has been sold to Link Financial but they are still honouring the agreement and no interest has been charged by the.

Still a long way to go, DFD now March 2018 but getting there!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure