Here we go then - My Diary/Story

Options

Comments

• Walaboobah
    Options
    Mrs Wal had a letter off HMRC today saying she owes them £68.50 in unpaid NIC contributions from April until October!

It has to be paid by 31st January 2013 so it won't necessarily have an impact on this month's Emergency Fund. Think i'll have to put £20 from there though into the Tax Return fund (which we didn't have!!)

There's always something....
  • Walaboobah
    Options
    The positive side to that is that we can now register with Makro, so we should hopefully make some Christmas savings at least by buying from there!
  • Walaboobah
    Options
    More good news, just opened a letter from Barclays and they are confirming that no interest will be added to the Current Account although they would charge £8 if any direct debits leave the account.

They won't as they've all been cancelled, for some reason though this months payment hasn't been taken off from SCDC, god I hate that name, hopefully an oversight, but will have to call SCDC tomorrow to find out!
  • Walaboobah
    Options
    Bad news still on Halifax, just received a statement today, still no mention of DMP or acknowledgement of letter sent last week, informing me that my interest next month is £180+, minimum payment is £400 plus and payment date is 20th!!

Not good news as the payment to them from SCDC doesn't reach them until 25th so in addition to the interest I will get a late payment fee, which will probably take me over the limit on the card which will mean another charge added to the account.

The other debts will decrease for the time being but the biggest one is going to get bigger and bigger!

I hate the Halifax with a passion, so glad I switched my mortgage from them years ago!
  • Igamogam
    Igamogam Posts: 6,024 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Walaboobah wrote: »
    I hate the Halifax with a passion, so glad I switched my mortgage from them years ago!

Ditto :):p
    Be the change you want to see -with apologies to Gandhi :o
    In gardens, beauty is a by-product. The main business is sex and death. ~Sam Llewelyn
    'On the internet no one knows you are a cat' :) ;)
  • Walaboobah
    Options
    A technical NSD for me today, I did have to spend £8 on a taxi due to the train running late meaning I was late for my client at work but I will be able to claim that and £5 for lunch and only spent £3.40 so technically I'm £1.60 up!
  • Walaboobah
    Options
    Still nothing from the Halifax though! :mad:
  • Walaboobah
    Options
    No real updates, relatively low spend weekend ~ about £20

Just checked the Halifax credit card account and the status now says your account is subject to a regular repayment plan, still no official acknowledgement of my letters etc, we'll have to wait and see what happens this week
  • Walaboobah
    Options
    Finally had a response of the Halifax who inform me that they will suspend further action on the account on a temporary basis based on the minimum payment that CCCS are giving them. They will not suspend interest, however, but have reduced it to 12.69% p.a from 21% so it's a start I guess!

Is there anything else I can do? Can I threaten them with the FSA/Ombudsman? However, if I do that does it not mean that they may withdraw this concession!

It's a start I guess though....
  • Walaboobah
    Options
    Mrs Wal's car needed two new tyres today, I don't know how she did it but she got two brand new tyres fitted on her car for £20! :T

Should have cost her £118, I haven't asked her how she managed it yet! :eek:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure