Making chicken feed of my mortgage

Options

Comments

• apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,725 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Have you tried 'no screen time' for 30-60 mins before bed? Might help with sleeping....
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • muddywhitechicken
    Options
    No, it's usually 15 minutes. I don't have any trouble falling asleep but then I wake up when Mr MWC comes to bed, I wake up because I need to pee, I wake up when Mr MWC gets up to pee, I wake up because I'm too hot...

I've been to the gym for an hour this morning and now I'm just waiting for it to stop raining before I walk into town to run some errands.
    Mortgage at highest (April 2008): ~£195,000
    Mortgage-free: January 2021
    Retired: June 2022 (186 months early!)
  • michelle09
    Options
    Hehe, I am impressed on your caffiene - I couldn't do it. But last week I was in bed by 9.30pm every night so it's clearly not impacting.
  • CathT
    CathT Posts: 7,115 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I drink de-caf with the occasional 'proper' coffee. I am in bed by 9pm most nights! I do find though if I have a proper coffee it doesn't give me the energy boost I assume it will.
    Apr 2024 - part 1 - £30,337 part 2 - £24,811 Total - £55,148 43 months to go!
  • muddywhitechicken
    Options
    Fairly lazy day - must be more productive tomorrow.

1. Go to the gym a minimum of 20 times before 10 December.
    Yes, 1 hour today [9/20]
    2. Follow the WW plan properly in November and at least 5x/week in December.
    Yes, 30/30 WW points [13/32]
    3. Reduce caffeine intake - maximum 1 coffee/day.
    Yes, the limited edition Nespresso espresso macchiato won!
    [13/32]

4. Drink 1.5 L water/day (including weekends).
    Yes [13/32]
    5. No late nights in November.
    No later than 10 pm again tonight [13/32]
    6. No watching rubbish made-for-TV Christmas movies when I'm home alone midweek (I have identified this as a trigger for binge eating ). Go for a walk instead!
    Lots of rugger, Detectorists and Motherland [13/32]
    7. Make a real effort to get to work early or on-time every day (my current punctuality is appalling)
    N/A [9/24]
    8. Meal plan from larder/freezer/garden in November. Only buy milk, yogurt, bread, fruit & vegetables.
    Big fail - sushi and sashimi from WR's fresh sushi counter for dinner [9/32]
    9. No unnecessary spending!
    £27.65 spent on dinner... [7/32]
  • muddywhitechicken
    Options
    Weigh day... I only lost 0.5 lb this week :( but that is half a stone in a fortnight :j

Plans for today:

- dead head pansies/tidy pots
    - rearrange pots/bring some into the conservatory
    - pull up the last few annuals/tidy up the perennials but there's not much left to do in the flowerbeds
    - get the new leaf blower/vac out of the box and use it
    - clean chicken coop
    - frost protection for my salad leaves
    - lots of laundry
    - clean bathroom
    - choose & order nephew's 1st birthday & Christmas gifts from his wishlist (I've been waiting until my dad is here and I'll order presents from Grandad as well)
    - write his birthday card whilst Mr MWC is here so it is ready to post mid-week
    - prep what I can food-wise for the next few days (I've already meal planned and WW-pointed for the whole week!)

I was going to order Mr MWC's Christmas present but I've just found out that he's away most of the next 5 weeks :( so plenty of time for it to be delivered without him seeing it...
  • muddywhitechicken
    Options
    Plans for today:

- [STRIKE]dead head pansies/tidy pots[/STRIKE]
    - [STRIKE]rearrange pots/bring some into the conservatory[/STRIKE]
    - [STRIKE]pull up the last few annuals/tidy up the perennials but there's not much left to do in the flowerbeds[/STRIKE] I also picked the last raspberries & cut back the canes.
    - get the new leaf blower/vac out of the box and use it - No, that's the third weekend I've been meaning to use it and haven't :o
    - [STRIKE]clean chicken coop[/STRIKE] Miss Betty aka Miss MWC looked really cold & miserable today (she's moulting and there isn't an ounce of fat on her) :(
    - [STRIKE]frost protection for my salad leaves[/STRIKE]
    - [STRIKE]lots of laundry[/STRIKE] Fifth load just finishing, managed to get some line-dried :T
    - clean bathroom :o
    - [STRIKE]choose & order nephew's 1st birthday & Christmas gifts from his wishlist (I've been waiting until my dad is here and I'll order presents from Grandad as well)[/STRIKE] Birthday & Christmas gifts from Grandad, Auntie MWC & Uncle MWC, & The Girls (chicken-themed of course!) ordered. Also ordered Christmas gifts for the children next door from The Girls.
    - [STRIKE]write his birthday card whilst Mr MWC is here so it is ready to post mid-week[/STRIKE]
    - [STRIKE]prep what I can food-wise for the next few days (I've already meal planned and WW-pointed for the whole week!)[/STRIKE] Another bag of salad leaves picked (£1.89/bag)

No [9/20]
    Yes, 30/30 WW points [14/32]
    Yes [14/32]
    Yes, 1.75 L [14/32]
    I've a headache so I'll be in bed by 9 pm tonight [14/32]
    6. No watching rubbish made-for-TV Christmas movies when I'm home alone midweek (I have identified this as a trigger for binge eating ). Go for a walk instead!
    No rubbish TV [14/32]
    7. Make a real effort to get to work early or on-time every day (my current punctuality is appalling)
    N/A [9/24]
    8. Meal plan from larder/freezer/garden in November. Only buy milk, yogurt, bread, fruit & vegetables.
    Beef rendang for lunch using YS meat from the freezer & sprout soup for tea [10/32]
    No spending apart from the gifts above [8/32]
  • michelle09
    Options
    Definitely a productive day! Not sure our washing machine would do 5 loads in a day.

Well done on the weight loss. Half a stone in a fortnight is nothing to be sniffed at!
  • pinkypig
    pinkypig Posts: 1,814 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Your targets are great - you've inspired me to drink more water:A
    I don't think you or anybody else will ever get me down to one coffee a day though:rotfl:
    Congratulations on your weight loss.

PP xx
    Original mortgage £112,000 . Final payment due August 2027.
    Mortgage neutral achieved August 2020 - 7 years early!!!
  • muddywhitechicken
    Options
    Thank you Michelle & PP :)
    Only another 17.5 lb to go - for the last ever time, no more yo-yo dieting for me!

Received a letter from the building society - the interest on our mortgage will increase by £7.60/month from 1 December.

Yes [10/20]
    Yes, 30/30 WW points [15/32]
    Yes [15/32]
    Yes, 2 L [15/32]
    I'll be in bed as soon as I've finished this post and washed my face! [15/32]
    No TV [15/32]
    1 minute late :mad: [9/24]
    Store-cupboard tea - baked potato with masala-spiced beans* [11/32]
    NSD [9/32]

* A WW magazine recipe - I flicked through a copy of November's magazine whilst waiting for my massage on Friday and photographed all the recipes :rotfl:
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family