We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Where is the best place to get measured for a bra?

Options
I am fed up with my bras not fitting properly, so where is the best place to get measured and buy a quality bra?

No smut please!;)

Comments

• Ninepurrs
    Ninepurrs Posts: 94 Forumite
    Options
    Don't know the best plce to get fitted, but here's a link for a free book by figleaves that should help you work out why your bras don't fit.

http://www.figleaves.com/uk/fitting_room.asp?cat=164

Hope this helps,
    Helen
  • Hollyharvey
    Hollyharvey Posts: 1,939 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi

Most Marks and Spencers branches have a bra measuring service. I went to mine on the recommendation of a friend last summer and found I was wearing completely the wrong size.

You don't have to buy from there when you have been measured.

I have found that having the correct size bra it really comfortable. I didn't realise how much difference it would make.

Good luck

Holly
  • nearlyrich
    nearlyrich Posts: 13,698 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Hung up my suit!
    Options
    Both M & S and La Senza do a bra fitting service and both seem fine, however if you have a local smaller shop they might be able to help you, the one in the town near me is great, they have a much better selection of bras from lots of different manufacturers and they are no more expensive tha the chainstores.
    Free impartial debt advice from: National Debtline or Stepchange[/CENTER]
  • shopndrop
    shopndrop Posts: 3,548 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I like Bravissimo for accurate measuring.
  • littlekitten
    Options
    Hi,Rigby & Peller are the ones used on Trinny and Susanah and by the Quenn I think
    , the service is free but excellent although there is normally a VERY long queue.

I had to wait nearly 2 hours for my fitting, (they have at least 8 trained fitters that I saw anyway there many be more!!!!).

But they were fantastic, and there was no hard sell which is good as the stuff they sell is at the expensive end of the market.

They do have a website that tells about their fitting service.

xx
    Good Enough Club member number 22
  • Becles
    Becles Posts: 13,167 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    The women in Sadie the Bra Lady are fantastic, and they will find you something suitable. They don't measure - they just look at you in your current bra, and work out your size from how badly it fits!

http://www.sadiethebralady.co.uk/
    I think Thirsk or Scarborough would be your nearest branches. I thought I'd mention it in case you travel.
    Here I go again on my own....
  • i_love_it
    i_love_it Posts: 848 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    John lewis, the staff go on real training courses, they'll spend loads of time wih you trying different brands and sizes and have bra's in all price ranges too. I don't rate M&S for fitting eventhough the lingerie is good.
  • Ms_Chocaholic
    Ms_Chocaholic Posts: 12,668 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I too don't rate M&S for fitting. Have you an independent lingerie shop near you, they are usually the best.
    Thrifty Till 50 Then Spend Till the End
    You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time but you can never please all of the people all of the time
  • hartcjhart
    hartcjhart Posts: 9,463 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Not wishing to be seedy but breast size can alter depending on menstrual cycle,there is a mathematical formula that works with 3 differing measurements,but at this moment I cannot remember them,I will troll through memory and get back
    I :love: MOJACAR
  • smileitconfusespeople_2
    Options
    :j Hi a really good place is Allders/Arding and Hobbs or Debenhams,Evans arn't bad either.:T
    Don't sweat the small stuff, Its all small stuff.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport