Is Andrex toilet tissue quality getting worse ?

Options
I'm not usually one to moan but this came up in a converstion with a friend of mine. We both agreed that the quality of Andrex toilet tissue these days is just useless. Splits and rips like they've thinned the stuff down so it only just about holds itself together, let alone fit for purpose. Is it just me ?

I bought some Floralys paper from Lidl which seems to be of a much better quality and much cheaper.

Comments

• asparagusnextleft
    Options
    I haven't used Andrex for years, it always seemed a bit scratchy to me and not at all soft! Asda Shades has always been good quality though.
    There is nothing better in life than writing on the sole of your slipper with a biro.....
  • Storck
    Storck Posts: 1,890 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Never had a problem?

Where you getting it from? Maybe been sat in the back for a while.
    If you find you are drinking too much give this number a call. 0845 769 7555
  • Manchee
    Manchee Posts: 401 Forumite
    Options
    Hmm Ive gotta say, I agree, it does feel thinner. My parents always used to buy it when I was growing up. I recently bought it (usually buy cheap loo roll, not as well off as my parents were lol) from the corner shop as only just noticed the old had run out, and the quality was crap. I always associated Andrex with good quality, and knew that came at more expensive price, but I dont see the difference between what I bought and what I usually buy, except it was 1.5 times the price! Wouldnt bother with it again, thats for sure!
  • nuttywoman
    nuttywoman Posts: 2,203 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I stopped buying Charmin for that reason, i now buy mine from Farmfoods , its called Nicky or something and i can`t believe the quality of it x
  • System
    System Posts: 178,101 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Get Izal toilet paper, you never poke your finger through that!
  • Redleela
    Redleela Posts: 228 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Xmas Saver!
    Options
    I agree, Andrex toilet roll is much thinner than it used to be. I bought it on offer but wouldn't buy it again. I prefer Charmin or Velvet (on offer from LIDL or Costco).
  • Middy
    Middy Posts: 5,394 Forumite
    Options
    I get Nicky 3 ply 18 rolls for £4 from Farmfoods. A lot of colleagues are now Nicky converts. Sometimes you cannot move in the locker room at work due to the Nicky loo roll as my colleagues and I went into FF during their lunchbreak or before their shift.
  • hamsmith
    hamsmith Posts: 72 Forumite
    Options
    I noticed it isn't staying lined up. Looks like an unravelled rewound roll. And not lasting as well. Will go back to asda shades. Been amazing for years.
  • asparagusnextleft
    Options
    !!!!!! wrote: »
    Get Izal toilet paper, you never poke your finger through that!

That's what my Grandad always used! Soft toilet paper was for softies!! :rotfl:
    There is nothing better in life than writing on the sole of your slipper with a biro.....
  • System
    System Posts: 178,101 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    You only had Izal when you were feeling flush, otherwise it was the Racing Post hanging on the nettie nail
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure