PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Kenwood Chef - Fun and Practical

Options
1373839404143»

Comments

• ginvzt
    ginvzt Posts: 4,878 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I am in love with the Chef! It is a great help, didn't expect so much of him!

Yesterday we made panettone, and it is the best I managed so far. I made some changes to the original recipe, but I didn't write them down, so who knows if I will be able to repeat it.

And today it was helping me to make the fish pie, by mashng the potatoes and blending the sauce (i got some lumps, and K beater did an excelent job of sorting it out). We even mixed some pumpernickel bread, the dough was so smooth and elastic that I was ready to start jumping of happiness! The vibrations are very strong when mixung the dough, an a few things 'walked' of the table when aking the bread, but can live with that.
    Spring into Spring 2015 - 0.7/12lb
  • janetmw
    janetmw Posts: 170 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just been into my local Sainsburys and bagged a Kenwood Chef KM330 for £119.99.

They are showing on offer on their website here at £149.99, but may have been further reduced as it is near the end of the offer period.

Maybe worth checking your branch.

There was still one left in Worksop after I had succumbed.

Janet
  • andyt8
    andyt8 Posts: 113 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    @janetmw: That was a good price you got at Sainsbury's. Got mine last Xmas in a Curry's sale. :)
  • mouseymousey99
    Options
    I got a kenwood Major a few months ago. It didn't come with any extras :( I've bought the mincer thingy, which other bits do you use? Thanks
  • marmitepotato
    Options
    I love my kMix. Yesterday I made a huge batch of white bread dough. I cut it in half and made eight rolls for OH's pack up, with the other half I made a Lardy Cake, which was devoured by OH, son in law, and his mate who had popped round at just the right moment!
  • sonastin
    sonastin Posts: 3,210 Forumite
    Options
    I love my kMix. Yesterday I made a huge batch of white bread dough. I cut it in half and made eight rolls for OH's pack up, with the other half I made a Lardy Cake, which was devoured by OH, son in law, and his mate who had popped round at just the right moment!

Ooh lardy cake - can I have your recipe? I'd never heard of lardy cake until I met OH. He introduced me to the ones at his local bakery but I've since made him move 250 miles away so we only get to eat them once a year when we're back down there. I'd love to surprise him with a homemade one!
  • marmitepotato
    Options
    sonastin wrote: »
    Ooh lardy cake - can I have your recipe? I'd never heard of lardy cake until I met OH. He introduced me to the ones at his local bakery but I've since made him move 250 miles away so we only get to eat them once a year when we're back down there. I'd love to surprise him with a homemade one!

This is the one I use. Very simple, very tasty. Enjoy.

http://www.greatbritishkitchen.co.uk/recipebook/index.php?option=com_rapidrecipe&page=viewrecipe&recipe_id=1171
  • Thistle-down
    Options
    If anyone is looking to get a new Kenwood Major, Makro online has a great deal. They are selling the Kenwood Major Premier (metal body and gears, 1200w) mixer for £209 including delivery. These usually go for £299 - 379, I've never seen one for sale as cheap as this and can't think they will last for very long at this price.

I decided to break my no buying anything for 6 months and get one as my old chef has had it and most of the modern 900w + secondhand Majors I saw selling on ebay were going for a similar price to this new one. All the attachments from my A901 will fit, I'm hoping this one will see me out. :p

You don't have to be a member of Makro to buy things from their online shop. :j
    :happylove
  • Thistle-down
    Thistle-down Posts: 914 Forumite
    First Post
    edited 21 January 2014 at 6:44PM
    Options
    It arrived, and looks amazing. The motor is a bit quieter than my old chef, and the whole thing feels really solid and well built. I've been using a chef for the past few years and often wished I had a Major again due to the bigger bowl. I am so used to the Chef size that the Major looks huge. I am looking forward to making some bread on Thurs.

It came with all three bowl attachments, a stainless steel bowl, a bowl cover, spatula and Kenwood cookbook.

The model is KMM710, Kenwood Major Premier - although Makro don't list the model number, they just put "Kenwood Major Mixer" I called them before I ordered it just to make sure it wasn't a lesser model.

Kenwood Major
    :happylove
  • ginvzt
    ginvzt Posts: 4,878 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 2 April 2014 at 2:09PM
    Options
    I am glad you all are enjoying the Chefs! I had mine for over a month now, and still loving it! It has to live in the pantry/storage cupboard which is on the other side of the flat, as our kitchen is tiny (the flat is huge, and the kitchen is the smallest part of the house), so it takes effort to keep carrying it up and down. But whatever I made using it, was gorgeous! I made some sausages couple of weeks ago using mincer and minced meat myself, it is such a difference from shop bought mince! Even my meatloaf was melting in the mouth!

Of attachments I got mincer, centrifugal juicer (not used), liquidiser, ice cream mincer and pasta maker.
    Spring into Spring 2015 - 0.7/12lb
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport