PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Kenwood Chef - Fun and Practical

Options

Comments

• marmitepotato
    Options
    Hi lindseykim,

Join the Kenwood addicts club! You are safe here! ;)
  • GarnetLady
    Options
    I've been eyeing up the potato peeling attachment, that might have to be my first extra. :)
    :heart: Mummy to an amazing little girl :heart:
  • marmitepotato
    Options
    GarnetLady wrote: »
    I've been eyeing up the potato peeling attachment, that might have to be my first extra. :)

Sounds good, I didn't know they did one.
  • peachyprice
    peachyprice Posts: 22,346 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    GarnetLady wrote: »

Lol, I remember my mum having something similary when I was little only it was powered by water (you attached it to the cold tap with a short piece of hose-like pipe) rather than by a Kenwood. I did smile when I saw one came as a Kenwood attachment.
    Accept your past without regret, handle your present with confidence and face your future without fear
  • peachyprice
    Options
    yay i finally can join in this thread after winning a kenwood on ebay. Just wanted to pop in and say hi, as i'm sure i'll be back looking for tips once i've got it setup.

Congratulations, and welcome :beer:
    Accept your past without regret, handle your present with confidence and face your future without fear
  • marmitepotato
    Options
    Lol, I remember my mum having something similary when I was little only it was powered by water (you attached it to the cold tap with a short piece of hose-like pipe) rather than by a Kenwood. I did smile when I saw one came as a Kenwood attachment.

Peachy, I know exactly what you mean. My mum also had one too, it used to make one he'll of a noise whilst all the taters rumbled round in the peeler. We loved to watch the spuds change colour....simple things kept us amused then......
  • marmitepotato
    Options
    So I was very late to bed and up very early this morning as I have a poorly puppy.

I made two loaves before I went to bed and left them to prove over night. This morning my mixer made shortbread, and a batch of blueberry muffins, which are now all cooling off nicely with the bread which was the first thing to go in the oven.

I am feeling saintly! ;)
  • peachyprice
    Options
    Well, I tried mixing the dough on No.4 speed, wow, what a difference, it came out really well, than you Andy.

I've also made a pandan chiffon cake today and I have a lemon drizzle cake in the oven now.

Hope your puppy gets better MP, perhaps you can whizz him/her some revitalising treads in your kenwood
  • marmitepotato
    Options
    No 4 is the way to go with bread now. :)

Puppy is a bit better today Peachy, thanks for asking. I am going to look up dog treat recipes right now, I hadn't even thought of making them in the Kenwood .
  • Rossy2692
    Rossy2692 Posts: 592 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Sourdough bread kneaded in mine today, made someyesterday but was a disaster this morning as i couldnt transfer it to the baking stone so in the bin it went :( my first disaster, not the Kenwoods fault like but my lack of experiance! Back at it today as my sourdough starter is so lively i just KNOW he will do me proud! Happy Kenwooding!
    :j Started my weightloss journey, its neverending!! :j

Weightloss challenge 2/14

:p "Life is like a box of chocolates....you never know what you are gonna get":p
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure