PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Kenwood Chef - Fun and Practical

Options

Comments

• peachyprice
    peachyprice Posts: 22,346 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Rossy2692 wrote: »
    Hello peeps! :D well so far today i have made a loaf, which may i say has been my best one yet! and also have shortcrust pastry chilling in the fridge for my beef and leek pie tonight :)

Did you use the faster speed? I'm going to give it a try at the weekend.

I've just made meatball mix in mine, it so beats putting your hands in freezing cold mince meat! The look really good, I'll see how well they cook later.
    Accept your past without regret, handle your present with confidence and face your future without fear
  • Rossy2692
    Rossy2692 Posts: 592 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Did you use the faster speed? I'm going to give it a try at the weekend.

I've just made meatball mix in mine, it so beats putting your hands in freezing cold mince meat! The look really good, I'll see how well they cook later.
    Ooooo do you have a recipe? :)

Yes i start slow then when combined go up to speed 4 until dough is smooth and silky, todays dough has made the best loaf yet! I did try a new recipe too so i think that has helped. :)
    :j Started my weightloss journey, its neverending!! :j

Weightloss challenge 2/14

:p "Life is like a box of chocolates....you never know what you are gonna get":p
  • andyt8
    andyt8 Posts: 113 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Justamum wrote: »
    Does anyone else find that when they make bread at a faster speed their machine wobbles around? I was making bread at just above 3 today and I had to hold on to it otherwise it would have ended up on the floor!

No not that wobbly :j Then I only make small loaves (500g flour = 800g or so when kneading). I would not leave mine totally unattended and I also slow back down if the dough is not clinging onto the hook for a ride but is kneading nicely.
  • Rossy2692
    Options
    andyt8 wrote: »
    Just happened to come across this program on ITV 4pm to 5pm. They visit 4 bakeries and part of the challenge was bread making. Also sausage rolls and cakes. You see some big mixers (same planetary action as Kenwoods) being used as well as hand kneading. Its a competition and on most nights it seems.

Yep its been in my sky planner from the start :) Shame no recipes though :(

:p "Life is like a box of chocolates....you never know what you are gonna get":p
  • Rossy2692
    Options
    I bought an a901 from a charity shop earlier in the year. I haven't made bread yet but dying to try it. I asked for a splashguard for Christmas, i made buttercream in it and it went everywhere. I need to make a cover for it really, don't want it getting toil dusty, i do like looking at it though!

Hello there! Welcome :) Yeah thet are good looking beasts aren't they ;) Am in love with mine :)

• marmitepotato
    Options
    Rossy2692 wrote: »
    Ooooo do you have a recipe? :)

Yes i start slow then when combined go up to speed 4 until dough is smooth and silky, todays dough has made the best loaf yet! I did try a new recipe too so i think that has helped. :)

New recipe Rossy2692, can you share it with us?
  • littlesnuggy
    littlesnuggy Posts: 1,180 Forumite
    Options
    Is the model currently on sale at Currys for £179 the best value deal that's around at the moment? My parents have asked what I'd like for Christmas and this was the only thing I can think of. They said they'd be delighted to get me one as I'd get so much use out of it. So..... I'm not sure which one to ask for!
  • craigywv
    craigywv Posts: 2,342 Forumite
    Options
    i came on this thread when the poster posted it recently and just popped in again WOW you sure do love your kenwoods lol!!! i was the same when i got mine , mines a girl ,i notice a lot of you have the "him" version. its a fun thread.
    C.R.A.P.R.O.L.L.Z #7 member N.I splinter-group co-ordinater :p I dont suffer from insanity....I enjoy every minute of it!!.:)
  • Rossy2692
    Options
    Is the model currently on sale at Currys for £179 the best value deal that's around at the moment? My parents have asked what I'd like for Christmas and this was the only thing I can think of. They said they'd be delighted to get me one as I'd get so much use out of it. So..... I'm not sure which one to ask for!

Yep its still on offer chuck! :)

• Rossy2692
    Options
    New recipe Rossy2692, can you share it with us?

Sure!!! :D

400ml warm water
    1tsp sugar
    1tsp dried instant yeast (I use Allinsons, the one in the little yellow tin)

Combine above until milky and frothy (I leave it for 10 minutes)

In my Kenwood bowl:

1tsp sea salt
    200g strong wholemeal bread flour
    400g strong white flour (both flours are Tesco own brand)

Add yeast to flour with mixer on 1 til it starts to combine, then after about 5 mins crank up through the speeds, i go no higher than 4. I stop when the dough looks smooth and silky, about 6 minutes.

Leave to double in size, about a hour, longer than a hour seems to improve the loaf. I do the 1st prove in the bowl.

Knock dough down and i pressed it out flat with my hands then rolled up like a sausage and placed in tin and gently pressed it into fit tin. Slash the top

\leave to double in size, i left this for just over a hour the second prove.

preheat oven to 220 degrees.

I have a fan oven and i drop the shelp down to the one below middle. Put loaf in with a mug of water chucked into bottom of oven.

I put my loaf in for an initial 26 minutes then i place foil ontop then leave for another 5.

This is exactly what i did and i am extremeley happy with todays loaf :)

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure