Ultimate Challenge. 457 days / £16600!!!

Options

Comments

• Clarabara1
    Options
    Hi all

Hope we are all doing well - sounds like you all are!!

I also get paid early for xmas meaning that it will be 6 weeks between Dec and Jan paydays. Very hard to budget even though you know its the same amount of money!! Found out we are getting a £500 bonus (before tax) so thats good - will pay off another chunk of my loan!

I have to say what I have noticed about all you guys is that even though you are all trying really hard to save money, cut back and do without you are all very generous and willing to help out family and friends in their times of need. I read in the metro this morning that the poorer people give more to charity so maybe thats the same principle here. Very generous though to give when you can't really afford to.

I have to say as well I don't really venture past DFW - seems there is so much to read I would never get any work done if I looked elsewhere!!!

Hope everyone is having a happy monday!!!
    Total Debt:
    Loan: Oct - £5631 Nov - £6162 Jan - £6572/£18,172
    CC: Oct -£5000 Nov - £5100 :mad:
    Wedding Savings: Oct - £3380 Nov - £4580 Dec - £6330 Jan-£8200/£18000
    Aiming to be Debt Free by end of 2013
  • NinjaSavingKat
    Options
    BREAKING NEWs - The Duchess of Cambridge is PREGNANT!
    I am sorry for those who hate the Royals but I LOVE this woman... and she is pure class personified!!
    YEAH for "Baby of Cambridge" !!!

Moving on...Good day to you all my little kittens.. .are we all happy and well on this blustery, dull, exceptionally awful Monday afternoon?

I left home today a little early in order to swing by a friends house to pick up her iphone headphones that she doesn't want. I lost mine and budgeted £10 this month for a new pair - BINGO £10 off my £40 overspend....I was also able to get hold of a TasteCard at £30 ( usually £80 / discounts off restaurants around the country ) through a friend.. I shall wait until January for this and BOOM! £40 re-coup SORTED!!!!:T:T:T..this is on top of the £60 petrol money I haven't claimed through all the overtime at work! Whoop Whoop!!!

See did you ever doubt NSK? I am on this shizzle....( and it means I can get that £13 2013 diary I budgeted for thats a lot smaller and lighter than my filofax )...:p

However..upon leaving my house I thought the rain would ease up. It didn't. I thought I was rather smug inside my helmetted dome of comfort and enshrined in 4 layers of warmth, cushion soft gloves and super duper boots.... until the inevitable happened and my smugness soon dissipated...

Ice cold rain water seeped into my trousers through the crotch and soaked my undies:eek::eek::eek:... do you realize just how uncomfortable this is!!!.. I was LIVID! Then as one has to turn ones head to avoid ending up under the wheels of an articulated lorry before changing lanes, the monsoon style torrential downpour gets down my neck. "oh haven't you a scarf you could wear NSK" I here you whimper....

But alas, my scarf, my rainproof jacket and my balaclava were nothing compared to the sudden gale force down pour that ensued for the entire 60 minute journey to work... and no, I am only in tights for the sake of my sanity and comfort...

His_Missus you are very welcome...always great to have another MSE bod on board! Sorry to follow your welcome just after underwear talk.. don't think this board will let me use the word knickers......ohhh yes it did! Wowzers!!

Anyway.. I have eaten two donuts. I am a naughty NSK...but I am at work until 1930..Grr!

Right more later...

Onwards and Upwards....
    “Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent".
  • Happytogetdebtfree
    Options
    Yay I heard the news on the radio I LOVE Kate she is wonderful :-) hehe anyway I hope work is over soon happy evening all I'm watching Xmas films hehehe xx
    I AM A MONEY MAGNET, THEY ARE MAKING MORE MONEY FOR ME AS WE SPEAK:pMIKES MOB, DFW NERD 1071, DFW LHS 132!MIRACLES HAPPEN I'VE SEEN IT WITH MY OWN EYES. LBM 08£77240.69 Current outstanding total £36083.01 Paid so far = £41157.68
  • NinjaSavingKat
    Options
    Shhhhhhhhhhhhhh everyone is sleeping. So quiet on here tonight! Really hope everyone is doing well. I am updating DDD and then hitting the hay. Up at 0500 for what is probably going to be another wet and windy ride in...

Signed up for another overtime shift.. that should amount to 16 hours in one weekend....anyone would think I don't have a life...ahem....

Onwards and Upwards....
    “Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent".
  • NinjaSavingKat
    Options
    Good Morning to you all...

I was thinking last night that a re-hash of my re-pay scheme should be worked out as there are a few things that I need to save for as well, so let me know your thoughts...

Currently I owe; - £12,846.97.. this is broken down as follows;-

Student Loan - £2056.14 - ( Minimum £150 taken from my salary p/m)
    Bike Loan - £2189.91 - (£133.24 taken each month )
    Land Loan - £8555.14 - (£297.42 taken each month )

Now then, my Dad gives me £140 a month towards the land. I want to siphon this off and accrue as much in case I get to a point in a month where-by I can't get overtime, the bike packs up or some such other katastrophy...

This means £580.66 will come out of my account each month whether I like it or not. The student loan however sometimes reaches £220 dependent on how much overtime I complete....Grr! :mad: I am not concerned about my student loan. It will take care of itself and should be gone by October 2014.

I am concerned though by my bike loan.

Following Januarys payment of £133.24 I wish to add another £900 on top if my overtime comes through okay and I can whittle down my expenditure to mere pennies.. this will bring my bike loan down to £1156.67 on the 31/12/2012. I am resigned to the fact that paying off that extra amount by the end of the year is nigh on impossible - but I would like rid of that £156.67.. so ultimately this works out to be around £5.10 a day.. so this is being added to my signature.

I have become lazy with eBay and need to add everything back on in order for it to end before heading back to Ireland... whereby I can restart it all if necessary and miss the lack of post services. Albeit I sold a top from Primark for a whopping great £1.04 plus £2.50 postage. Amazing!!!!

Anyhoo... the Land Loan will sit at £8257.72 at the end of the year although I know about £120 interest will be added on this time. So once again this will be £688 a month - minus the £297.42 that I already pay I should be all right to add the extra £391 on top without too much hassle..

But then there is that outstanding £1000 @ 12% interest.. two installments of £366.86 you say ( minus the minimum payment ).. or try hit it all at once...?

What about my holiday I desperately need in April for my 30th to prevent me going mental? The £500 I need to have ready in case my bike needs repaired? The deposit I need in case my landlady asks me to move out? The money required to fix her carpet before I go?

My idea would be to get rid of the bike loan - then start putting away some funds..

What do you think...?

Onwards and Upwards..
  • NinjaSavingKat
    Options
  • Happytogetdebtfree
    Options
    Hi ninja, i think you have done really well so far and you deserve a pat on the back. My answer to this is do what feels comfortable to you, so if £500 in the bank for emergency makes you feel better do that. Be sensible and budget for the 30th holiday :). Remember the negative wealth will go eventually fast or slow it will go so do what makes you feel that bit more secure and keeps you happy with your numbers xx
    I AM A MONEY MAGNET, THEY ARE MAKING MORE MONEY FOR ME AS WE SPEAK:pMIKES MOB, DFW NERD 1071, DFW LHS 132!MIRACLES HAPPEN I'VE SEEN IT WITH MY OWN EYES. LBM 08£77240.69 Current outstanding total £36083.01 Paid so far = £41157.68
  • his_missus
    his_missus Posts: 3,363 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 4 December 2012 at 3:23PM
    Options
    Hi Kat,

I know you're really keen to hammer the debt but maybe it's worth putting a set amount away each month to make sure you can afford that holiday in April. We've got a fancy holiday booked for next year (for our 40ths) and have managed to save up a huge chunk of the cost. Our holiday fund could halve my CC debt and if I was REALLY frugal I could pay it off by the end of Feb. However, it's nice knowing that we have that security of the holiday being half paid for (Hubby particularly needs this) and whilst it may take me a few more months to pay off the CC, I know I will be able to pay off the holiday and be debt free by my 40th in June :)

Also, should something terrible occur, I know I have that money to fall back on.

You have to tackle your debt in a way that makes you feel secure and happy x
  • Unicorns
    Unicorns Posts: 49 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options

Unicorns a big WELCOME to you as well! I like the fact that you are now dealing with your debts yourself. Cut out the middle man and take it all on board. It's very empowering to know that you are dealing with it ALL yourself and doing the leg work. It's also superb that you know exactly how much is required. Number crunching / selling / spread-sheeting etc gets addictive and is very very much the sole purpose in my life at the moment ( apart from this lovely thread of fun )...

I understand why you do not want to commit to such a large amount each month. Placing it in savings is a good idea but is the interest frozen on your debts? I get the feeling it is, you seem super on the ball.

December 2013 is my target and by goodness I am going to get it. Join me???:).. I am intending to clear a very large amount by the end of this year leaving me with one substantial loan which means I will have to pay an extra £450 or so each month to clear by December 2013...

By hook or by crook as long as its legal and I ain't selling my lady bits I will do it! :T:T:T AND even better that you have OT tomorrow. Best way to spend your time I think...:(

Hello,

Sorry it's been a while i forgot my password well i think it was more my laptop keep missing out letters :mad:

Anyway im back now :p NSK im definately in!!!
    Ive had a few failures/ gains.... failure being bingo sites, the odd £10 soon adds up and thinking yeah but i work hard and this is my only "thing" this month adding up to £110 :eek: yes please do tell me off i know my challege doesnt start till january but this could have done the rest of my xmas shopping or helped towards my start date... on a good note i've cancelled the account and cannot access it so thats the end of that, weirdly i felt a little relieved.

from the above quote, thanks for reminding me most of the interest is frozen but i believe one or two might be charging a tiny bit of interest which is still interest so i think once i have enough in my savings, the plan is to possibly pay an extra £100 pm (once i have enough to cover a years worth) and keep saving.

On another good note i didnt just gamble all my pennies away... i have enough for all my out goings and i paid for my car insurance which starts on the 12th of this month for a year (bargain considering prices are going up and the cheapest its been for a few years) so thats one thing im happy about :D.

Ok so im ready for my tellings off :o
    MFW 2018/19 #55 target: £6,847.26/ £500 paid
  • Happytogetdebtfree
    Options
    Hi unicorn its nice to see you back, ah yes that is some fun you had on the bingo site lol ..... at least you have paid for things like car insurance. You have learned your lesson by cancelling your account :). Now been a good unicorn and visit more often so we can support you xx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure