Second Purse Challenge Thread #2

Options

Comments

• Coxy11
    Coxy11 Posts: 4,885 Forumite
    Homepage Hero Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi everyone,

Welcome hollieinbloom - I will add you to the list at the front. Does your shop have a name??

Have now cancelled my Amaz0n order of 3 x 3kg dog food as ordered it nearly 3 weeks ago and it still hasn't been dispatched. Will have to get some in Ts tomorrow for a higher price :mad: Means that £24 will be recredited to 2nd purse tho' for any bargains I might spy ;)

Just opened a 5L washing liquid from Co$tco, so that's £12 I will pay back to 2nd purse this Friday including any other bits used. Still on the hunt for Kenco refill packs as opened our last one at the weekend :eek:

Hope you're all going well - will update again on Friday as usual.

Coxy
    Cross-stitch WIP: Durene Jones Haberdashery Shop 365 1p challenge member No.6 Read 24 books in 2024 - currently reading Into the Water by Paula Hawkins 14/24
  • hollieinbloom
    Options
    Oooh, a shop name! I shall go for Helen's hoard. (my name is Helen, daughter is Hollie! :) )

Thanks! Shame about Amazon, They did that with me on some pillows I ordered. Think it was 4 weeks and still no dispatch. Silly thing! x

Goals: Save £500 for emergencies, Save £200 of Amazon vouchers for Xmas, fix my holey clothes!
    Frugal living 2014
  • Coxy11
    Coxy11 Posts: 4,885 Forumite
    Homepage Hero Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    :jIs it really sad that I found my Kenco refills in Ts today? Oh good :D Got 4 for my shop. Also got 6 x 1kg bags of my dogs food - £3 for a 1kg bag or £10.47 for a 3kg bag - no brainer ;)

I'm working tomorrow so may not have a chance to update, but my totals are now:

2nd purse: £24.19
    3rd purse: £45.93
    Stock value: £181.30

Coxy
    Cross-stitch WIP: Durene Jones Haberdashery Shop 365 1p challenge member No.6 Read 24 books in 2024 - currently reading Into the Water by Paula Hawkins 14/24
  • Billie-jo
    Billie-jo Posts: 1,221 Forumite
    Options
    Brought 6 packs of onion sauce today 36p per pack or 3 for 90p so 36P profit when used - not a lot but all helps.
    Few items out of stock this week so totals are now -

2ND PURSE £50/£50
    3RD PURSE £8.50/£50
    STOCK VALUE £167.18
    BANKED SO FAR £150
    MARCH £62.38/250
  • maz1964
    maz1964 Posts: 903 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    hiya all, im subbed to this but to tell you all the truth im trying to get my head around it to understand how i can work it for me

so will continue to keep reading from the start and see if ican put things into place if am still confused will shout out

have a fun day im doing the payment a day challenge and got that working fab each day thus i wish to do this too, so will keep reading your posts etc

ciao for now maz:cool:
    Sealed Pot Challenge member 1525

"Knowledge is the Power to get Debt Free":j

Truecall device, stops all the unneccesary phone calls - my sanity has been restored and the peace in the house is truely priceless!:rotfl:
  • EstherH
    EstherH Posts: 1,150 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Maz, hope you get it sorted in your head. I think it's a great way to save. I haven't been doing it very long but my stock is building and my second purse is full.

What is the payment a day challenge please?

God bless. Esther
    Second purse £101/100
    Third purse. £500 Saving for Christmas 2014
    ALREADY BANKED:
    £237 Christmas Savings 2013
    Stock Still not done a stock check.
    Started 9/5/2013.
  • maz1964
    maz1964 Posts: 903 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi Esther

many thanks for your kind post - i will take a bit of time to try and grasp it all here im sure i will when i really think about it,,,

anyway the payment a day challenge is basically ive started paying something towards a debt each day, however small - i try to use say a combination of end of balance in my bank (the last 3 digits for example, i have a end balance of 22.45 i will use up the 2.45 from the account and some other savings ive made during the day and pay to the debt, its so addictive, lol

ive paid off my evans card this way and started towards my simply be account and cant wait for it to reduce

ive tried to link in the thread so u can see and others too, i apologise if ive done something wrong but i wanted you to get to it easily, hope you all find it

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4629473

have a fun eve all ciao for now maz :beer:
    Sealed Pot Challenge member 1525

"Knowledge is the Power to get Debt Free":j

Truecall device, stops all the unneccesary phone calls - my sanity has been restored and the peace in the house is truely priceless!:rotfl:
  • EstherH
    EstherH Posts: 1,150 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks Maz, I just had a quick look and it seems to be another helpful way of saving money. I already save all my change under a pound and change at the bank before Christmas. Put money saved by using vouchers or buying something for less than I was going to pay for it etc in a tin also for Christmas savings. Then there's this challenge. I have pots and tins of money all over the place lol. No debts these days. Though. Been there before in the past. Don t ever wan t to go t here again. Es their x
    P.S. don t know why my ' t's are leaving g aps.
    Second purse £101/100
    Third purse. £500 Saving for Christmas 2014
    ALREADY BANKED:
    £237 Christmas Savings 2013
    Stock Still not done a stock check.
    Started 9/5/2013.
  • Mothership
    Mothership Posts: 823 Forumite
    Options
    Just back from Tes@o

Anchor butter 500g Block and a 250g tub + Silicon cake cases and Dr Ottekers Butterfly cake decorations. £2.50 per pack.

Bought 10 of them put the butter in the new freezer . I'm making small cakes for a birthday party soon so the wee silicon cases will come in handy.
    1st Purse £114.19 Monthly GB
    2nd Purse ££100
    :rotfl::j:wave::j:rotfl:
    Fridge Freezer £300 3rd Purse /£290.94
  • hollieinbloom
    Options
    Mothership wrote: »
    Just back from Tes@o

Anchor butter 500g Block and a 250g tub + Silicon cake cases and Dr Ottekers Butterfly cake decorations. £2.50 per pack.

Bought 10 of them put the butter in the new freezer . I'm making small cakes for a birthday party soon so the wee silicon cases will come in handy.

I bought just 1 pack yesterday and wish I'd bought more! the 500g black is £3 on it's own! I might run down there tomorrow morning for more. Do you know how long you can freeze butter for? x x

Goals: Save £500 for emergencies, Save £200 of Amazon vouchers for Xmas, fix my holey clothes!
    Frugal living 2014
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport