Second Purse Challenge Thread #2

Options

Comments

• lottie3000
    lottie3000 Posts: 449 Forumite
    Options
    Mothership I hope I manage to get a nice deposit like your saved up. I'm really into this challenge, I'm obsessed with lists at the best of times now.

I must say also that my chest freezer was worth every penny. It's not a huge one but I can get so much stuff in there. It's looking a little sad at the moment and needs re-stocking so going to pop to Farmfoods at some point. I also find that my butchers give me better deals if I buy in larger quantities.
  • dollydog
    dollydog Posts: 58 Forumite
    Options
    Hi everyone,

Welcome to the new people,second purse is the BEST idea ever!
    I've only been doing it for a month or so, but I've got £140 worth of stock and £10 in my second purse at the minute. I'm trying to go slow and steady, but aspire to be like Mothership and have a good stock of most things.
    I'm already seeing the benefits though, its lovely to know that I'm not going to run out of my favourite coffee, tea and washing powder to name a few,and even better to know I paid half price for them all!

Happy shopping xx
  • Coxy11
    Coxy11 Posts: 4,887 Forumite
    Homepage Hero Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi everyone,

Mothership - excellent news about your purchase!

Paid 2nd purse back today for items used this week - £15.70. Means I now have £20.05 plus an additional £20 going in tomorrow as it's payday.

Need to search out some stock items for my shop. I'm thinking cereal, coffee and liquid soap - blimey I sound so sad....:o

Coxy
    Cross-stitch WIP: Durene Jones Haberdashery Shop 365 1p challenge member No.6 Read 24 books in 2024 - currently reading Into the Water by Paula Hawkins 14/24
  • Tenyearstogo
    Tenyearstogo Posts: 692 Forumite
    Options
    Coxy - it you are sad, we all are!

Mothership - very jealous of your freezer. I want mine so badly.

We've just had a few days break in London and popped into shops for bottled water etc. I kept seeing half price and reduced things, it was killing me:rotfl:

I managed to pick up 6 tesco magazines so I'm going to buy hoops and crosses crisp multipacks, maggi chicken coating and yum butter. I think I'll get £32.28 worth for £14.70.

The crisps will last if I ration them (boys are crisp addicts), the chicken coating isn't something I use but it will be 15p a pack so worth trying for a change and I'll freeze the butter because I use it a lot for cooking.

Off to Costco tomorrow too:j:j
  • Billie-jo
    Billie-jo Posts: 1,221 Forumite
    Options
    Nice to see new people joining.
    Just £4.31 into second purse this week and nothing brought for stock. Haven't seen anything that we would benefit from for a while. Have used the last of the cheese up that was brought on offer so am on the lookout for some more.

2ND PURSE £50/£50
    3RD PURSE £48.21/£50
    BANKED SO FAR £100
    MARCH £62.38/250
  • Mothership
    Mothership Posts: 823 Forumite
    Options
    From T@sco

3 Pieces of Parmesan on 3 for 2 = £6.82
    4 Babybel B1G1F = £3.86
    4 Packs of Shreddies @ £1.24 ea = £4.98
    2 whole meal Loafs +Pkt of 3 Baguetts £1.80
    2 Milkshakes HP @ 62p each.

So for an £18.70 spend when I buy these things back it will be a £14.49 profit for the 2nd purse.

I buy these things all the time. I freeze the parmesan. (I'm going to get 3 more tomorrow,) got to wait till the ice cream is finished lol.

I've got Donald Russell mince n pork chops coming today (anyone noticed their prices creeping up ?)

The new Fridge freezer is coming on the 3rd June, two more drawers whoo hoo!

Still swithering about the wee chest freezer. Need to sneak it in under the radar lol.
    Ye all know what I mean he he.:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    1st Purse £114.19 Monthly GB
    2nd Purse ££100
    :rotfl::j:wave::j:rotfl:
    Fridge Freezer £300 3rd Purse /£290.94
  • Coxy11
    Coxy11 Posts: 4,887 Forumite
    Homepage Hero Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Mothership wrote: »
    From T@sco

3 Pieces of Parmesan on 3 for 2 = £6.82
    4 Babybel B1G1F = £3.86
    4 Packs of Shreddies @ £1.24 ea = £4.98
    2 whole meal Loafs +Pkt of 3 Baguetts £1.80
    2 Milkshakes HP @ 62p each.

So for an £18.70 spend when I buy these things back it will be a £14.49 profit for the 2nd purse.

I buy these things all the time. I freeze the parmesan. (I'm going to get 3 more tomorrow,) got to wait till the ice cream is finished lol.

I've got Donald Russell mince n pork chops coming today (anyone noticed their prices creeping up ?)

The new Fridge freezer is coming on the 3rd June, two more drawers whoo hoo!

Still swithering about the wee chest freezer. Need to sneak it in under the radar lol.
    Ye all know what I mean he he.:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Yes I know that feeling well!

I haven't ordered from DR in a couple of months. Yes their prices are becoming a bit too much to justify tbh. We are a family of 5 and nothing comes in 5's so I have to over-buy to make a meals-worth, then I'm left with odd and ends. Also fed up of tripping over those polystyrene boxes :rotfl:

Coxy
    Cross-stitch WIP: Durene Jones Haberdashery Shop 365 1p challenge member No.6 Read 24 books in 2024 - currently reading Into the Water by Paula Hawkins 14/24
  • Tenyearstogo
    Options
    I bought some extra things today, crisps, squash, chicken sauces, washing up liquid, toothpaste and vanilla coke.

So far I've spent £95.16, I've got £159.02 worth of stock and I've bought back £39.50 worth which is now in the jar on my kitchen window sill. My freezer is looking promising.
  • alibo100
    alibo100 Posts: 98 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Even better this week my weekly shop was £30 and I now have £41in my second purse as I haven't spent much on my stockpile this week. I did stock up on oral b toothbrushes and dental floss that was on offer for £1 each, also some 50p custard I found in coop.:beer:
    Second Purse Challenge
    1st purse £70 per week, 2nd purse £0/£50, 3rd Purse £177/100 banked £37 (14) £206('13)
    :eek:Debt Total[STRIKE]£11779[/STRIKE] £3000 :o Plus [STRIKE]£3200[/STRIKE] £2400 to family
    :TGoal 2 years to pay off - June [STRIKE]2015[/STRIKE] 2016 :T
    Paid off so far - Sept 13 £1131 Nov 14 £2423 Sept15 paid myCC's!!
  • Tenyearstogo
    Options
    I'm having a dilemma. It's the husbands fault.

I'm aiming for a freezer with my second purse profits, so today I was browsing online to get an idea of model and price.

I Found the one I liked so told him about it at dinner. We were eating 75p YS chicken thighs. He then mentioned the irony of how it will be easier to save money by buying the YS meat and freezing it once we actually have the freezer.

So shall I buy the freezer on my credit card now and pay it off with my second purse savings?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure