edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Debt Free Diaries
163 replies 19.3K views
1111213141517»

Replies

• Lucy5781Lucy5781 Forumite
    704 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    Dad is due to have surgery this Tuesday, will likely require at least three days in ITU and probably a week or more in hospital after that. I'm trying not to think too hard about it all. The fact my brother's 4th baby is due right now (due date was five days ago now) is really playing on my mind as well.

Hubby and I both really feeling it this week. Today would have been his Dad's birthday, the memorial event a week today. Urgh.
    Credit Card & Overdraft Debts Jan 2012: £16,000+ :eek: [STRIKE] Credit Card & Overdraft Debts Sep 2013: £13,023 [/STRIKE]
    DRO Completed: 30/09/2014 :T
    30/09/19 - Details now dropped off debt register. :o

My Diary - http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4202761
  • Skint_yet_AgainSkint_yet_Again Forumite
    5.8K Posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hope all goes well with your dads surgery Lucy. Such a difficult emotional time lately for you and your hubby. Look forward to some good news about your brothers 4th baby. 
    0% credit card £1360 ~ paid in full
    0% Car Loan £7500 ~ paid in full
    JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE
    Emergency fund £1000 / £1000
    Aiming to retire early in 2025 🥳
  • Lucy5781Lucy5781 Forumite
    704 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    Hope all goes well with your dads surgery Lucy. Such a difficult emotional time lately for you and your hubby. Look forward to some good news about your brothers 4th baby. 
    Thank you, ended up all happening on the 28th, both Dad and SiL had to go in at 7.30am that day (Him in the midlands, her on the South Coast).
    Baby boy was 12lb 9oz! Biggest baby born on the unit!
    Dad's actual surgery went well, but he's had a week on antibotics and ventilator in ICU after developing pneumonia from a hib infection (something babies have now been vaccinated against since the mid 90s).
    He's been poorly but overall stable and is more awake again now. My poor stepmum only one up there and allowed to visit this week dealing with it all. I've legit had a 'go bag' packed alll week as a just in case measure.

The memorial event all went well though and hubby's a bit lighter mentally for it.

I quit the temp job, or rather I was going to quit and they emailed some !!!!!! reason to tell me not to go in the following week. They were awful and I do not need that stress on top of everything else right now. I'm going to do the admin for hubby's new property empire instead. He hates the paperwork, left one letter aside for a week as it had forms, the ones to instruct the solicitors, which considering the mortgage offer was approved, meant he was delaying himself. I got it filled out within 45mins and posted off on the way to pick DS up from school that afternoon.
    Credit Card & Overdraft Debts Jan 2012: £16,000+ :eek: [STRIKE] Credit Card & Overdraft Debts Sep 2013: £13,023 [/STRIKE]
    DRO Completed: 30/09/2014 :T
    30/09/19 - Details now dropped off debt register. :o

My Diary - http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4202761