PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Preparing for winter IV

Options

Comments

• 2tonsils
    Options
    Thanks for your feedback. From now on I will post them on the SHTF thread as its looking pretty bad this winter. Enjoy your preps and hope you all keep warm and safe xxx
    “The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come. When in a state of security he does not forget the possibility of ruin.” Confucius (551 BC - 479 BC):A
  • Fervent37
    Options
    2tonsils wrote: »
    Hi everyone, hope you are all snug, warm and dry. I just want to know if you would like me to continue posting the weather predictions that I get from my friends? Are they helping anyone or would you rather I stop posting them? Thanks xxxx

2tonsils please carry on giving us the information. You have access to some extremely good information. I don't post very often but read avidly every day and look forward to yours and Kitties's posts.
  • Fervent37
    Options
    2tonsils wrote: »
    Thanks for your feedback. From now on I will post them on the SHTF thread as its looking pretty bad this winter. Enjoy your preps and hope you all keep warm and safe xxx

2tonsils I have just seen your last post after I posted my response to your earlier comment. Thank you for saying you will put the info on the SHTF thread. I will continue to read you on there as well!
  • Fruball
    Fruball Posts: 5,739 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Fervent37 wrote: »
    2tonsils please carry on giving us the information. You have access to some extremely good information. I don't post very often but read avidly every day and look forward to yours and Kitties's posts.

http://forum.netweather.tv/forum/142-regional-discussions/

Here is a link to a really good weather forum - They have Regional Boards so you can get info specifically for your area. The boards are lots of fun when a big weather event is forecast - and when snow is on it's way it's bedlam on there :rotfl:

It's surprising how much knowledge you pick up from reading those forums.

I've a feeling 2Ts friend posts on there but I am not 100% sure.
  • Fervent37
    Options
    Fruball wrote: »
    http://forum.netweather.tv/forum/142-regional-discussions/

Here is a link to a really good weather forum - They have Regional Boards so you can get info specifically for your area. The boards are lots of fun when a big weather event is forecast - and when snow is on it's way it's bedlam on there :rotfl:

It's surprising how much knowledge you pick up from reading those forums.

I've a feeling 2Ts friend posts on there but I am not 100% sure.

Fruball many thanks for this.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 12,492 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 28 November 2012 at 7:50PM
    Options
    a copy and paste from weatheraction public board

with regret: deleted info

whoops, sorry I didn`t realise that posting the same thing on three threads was not allowed. Any future weather hints will only be put on the shtf thread
  • RevolvingDoor
    Options
    I saw some long gloves in the 99p shop yesterday. They were the type of ones that go further up your arms to keep out draughts going up your sleeves. I'm going to get some next week.

(Is that how you spell draughts/ drafts, doesn't look right.:rotfl:)
  • Confuzzled
    Confuzzled Posts: 2,323 Forumite
    Options
    I saw some long gloves in the 99p shop yesterday. They were the type of ones that go further up your arms to keep out draughts going up your sleeves. I'm going to get some next week.

(Is that how you spell draughts/ drafts, doesn't look right.:rotfl:)

drafts is the american spelling

draughts is the british spelling

so they are both corret in a manner of speaking, it's more a matter of either your audience or your preference ;)
  • smithkinson
    Options
    unixgirluk wrote: »
    Primark do fleece lined tights which are great under trousers as they aren't bulky. They were £4 last year not sure of the price this year.

I picked up a pair of these at the market this morning for £3.99 but I'm going to look for some in Primark tomorrow too as I've heard about them there. Lot's of thermals on the market too but seemed very thin. Will be comparing them to Primark tomorrow and can always go back to the next market if they are better value.

I got a pair of the M&S heatgen leggings last week. They were good for under other trousers as they are very thin, but useless on their own, I was colder than with my regular supermarket leggings on. These fleece lined ones feel lovely and thick though.

Picked up a few bits for the car kits in the various pound shops too, and some thermal insoles to add to my slippers for the time being.
  • Goldiegirl
    Goldiegirl Posts: 8,805 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler Hung up my suit!
    Options
    After a few snowy winters, last year we invested in two snow shovels for clearing the driveway etc.

As it turned out, we only had one load of snow here in February, but the shovels were fab, the DH and I cleared the drive in no time at all.

I'm not exactly looking forward to snow, but proper shovels are highly recommended.

It's best to get them now, before the bad weather really kicks in. Once the snows on the ground you can't get them for love or money!
    Early retired - 18th December 2014
    If your dreams don't scare you, they're not big enough
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family