Child & Co Bankers ?

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    jamie_02 wrote: »
    Do you think this would be the same for NatWest online banking and the NatWest app?

Don't think so, I can't access my NatWest account via RBS Online Banking. Plus Child & Co are part of RBS Private.
  • jamie_02
    Options
    Thanks LeeUK
  • arthur2
    arthur2 Posts: 82 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I opened RBS Select in Oct 2015, intending to upgrade to Reward, which I did at the earliest opportunity.

Oddly I was sent a cheque book of "RBS Private" cheques, yet it was not a Black account and the a/c has a normal debit card.

I do also still have a fully paid-off mortgage account with them, which just looks like a massive unused overdraft.

Another possible reason was that I chose branch 83-34-00 which is no longer a live branch, and accounts are opened at Nicolson Street - just down the road.

Please so far with the cashback, though rumours are that it is being cut soon.
    --
    Arthur
  • arthur2
    Options
    Having become irritated by M&S Bank, we decided to open an account at the Child & Co office to see what one gets. It was a bit on the slow side, but the CASS switch procedure is finally operating. Received dark bluish-grey debit card with C& C logo on a Private branded carrier.
    --
    Arthur
  • Zinc20
    Zinc20 Posts: 14 Forumite
    Options
    arthur2 wrote: »
    Having become irritated by M&S Bank, we decided to open an account at the Child & Co office to see what one gets. It was a bit on the slow side, but the CASS switch procedure is finally operating. Received dark bluish-grey debit card with C& C logo on a Private branded carrier.

Your get a nice Child & Co cheque book if you order one.

Strange that they should use any part of RBS private service. From what I understand Child & Co is essentially just a brand like Smile is at Co-Op. Branch is very nice and there are private customers but what benefits they have over normal customers is not clear.
  • arthur2
    Options
    No cheque book yet, but the account only opened on 18th so maybe it is in the system.

(True) Private customers have the benefit of a direct phone number into Fleet Street, avoiding having to phone the Customer (Dis)service Centre at Chatham. They also offer investment management, but probably tied to RBS products. I have heard that if one wants an IFA service they refer you on to Coutts.

I do not qualify for this direct phone service, and have an existing Investment Manager elsewhere.

Will report back if the cheque book is not as expected, when it turns up!
    --
    Arthur
  • Chapuys
    Chapuys Posts: 156 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    It took awhile for my cheque book to arrive, more then the 10 days stated. They sent a letter for me to confirm my signature before they would issue one (even though I held a Natwest Account).
    Anything I say in no way constitutes financial advice and anything you do is your own decision.
  • arthur2
    Options
    Just confirming that my cheque book did eventually arrive. A/c opened on 18/04, it bears a print date of 20/04 and arrived on 06/05. 20 crossed (a/c payee) cheques and just two paying in forms.

As expected it is a Child & Co cheque book with the "Marygold" logo. It says on the cover "Your attention is drawn to the important notes inside". However there are no notes (important or not) anywhere - not inside nor on the front or back!
    --
    Arthur
  • jshrager
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I also wanted to confirm the sentiments of arthur2 regarding still being able to get a Child & Co debit card.

After reading the forum I proceeded to apply for an RBS Select account and selected 15-80-00 as the branch. Two days later I received a dark blue Child & Co debit card on an RBS Private letterhead. Didn't opt for a chequebook as don't use it.

I question why it comes on an RBS Private letterhead and wonder whether as other users have mentioned previously, perhaps whether you get a Child & Co card depends on some internal scoring factors (I have Natwest Private and an excellent credit score). No way of knowing for sure though.

James
  • starM
    starM Posts: 1,464 Forumite
    Options
    My sister in.law has a poor credit history but she was accepted for RBS account with child and co debit card. However no overdraft facility was offered
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure