Egg Money migration...or not....

Options

Comments

• grumpycrab
    Options
    Worked here this morning. Quite slow but no problems.
    If you put your general location in your Profile, somebody here may be able to come and help you.
  • miller
    miller Posts: 1,630 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post Photogenic
    Options
    cepheus wrote: »
    Started to use it this morning for first time. Most of the accounts seem to work except the Nationwide and Santander credit cards, the former which threw up a problem a month or so ago prior to the changeover.

Nationwide's fondness for login messages used to break things a bit. If you can check "do not show this message again" it may solve things.
  • meggsy
    meggsy Posts: 741 Forumite
    Options
    Masomnia wrote: »
    I've got a quid in an Egg savings account, just in case they came up with a good offer at some stage. Reading all this I don't think I'll bother doing the changeover - they can put the quid in the Christmas do pot.

I thought the same as you, have £5 left in an egg account.
    I changed over very late last night, process was very easy, I don't have money manager though.
  • cepheus
    cepheus Posts: 20,053 Forumite
    Options
    Everything seems to working in Yorkshire now.

Is there any point in keeping the old Egg accounts now? I think they used to have a good credit card deal and the potential for a super balance transfer but I presume all that went when the credit arm was transferred to someone else?
  • Masomnia
    Masomnia Posts: 19,506 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options

Is there any point in keeping the old Egg accounts now? I think they used to have a good credit card deal and the potential for a super balance transfer but I presume all that went when the credit arm was transferred to someone else?

Mmm and there was the Egg money card that paid interest better than pretty much all savings accounts if you put credit on it. All fell by the wayside yep :(
    “I could see that, if not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled.” - P.G. Wodehouse
  • miller
    miller Posts: 1,630 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Masomnia wrote: »
    Mmm and there was the Egg money card that paid interest better than pretty much all savings accounts if you put credit on it. All fell by the wayside yep :(

I cannot see Barclaycard keeping the 1% cashback beyond next March either. To be fair the original Egg Green went from 1% to 0.5% to 0.1%.
  • Anti_Bank
    Options

Don't think ybs have credit cards, but I quite like the idea of being a member of a good old fashioned mutual :) although, as this is a money saving forum I should probably look into their bond rates and not just rely on sentiment :D
  • drfrantic
    drfrantic Posts: 2 Newbie
    edited 26 September 2012 at 4:53PM
    Options
    Just tried to register after hours of it being up and down. Then it listed an old mobile phone number which obviously they can't verify on. They also don't appear to have full access to Eggs full user credentials to verify it was me on the phone when I rang. So I used my NI number which they did have -- I assume from years ago when I had an ISA with Egg. I then gave them my new mobile number which was 100% registerd with Egg already. Apparently a lot of people have been telling them the same thing on the phone when they have to ring up. Really...

Working in IT and actually writing this stuff, i.e. online banking etc., here's what I guess they did with the old mobile number c*ck up. It will have been a relational database so that one customer could have more than one phone number, as they change them the list will grow but only one will be flagged as valid, e.g. the top or bottom one on the list (latest one). The idiots who did the coding for the change over will have written an SQL query to pull the phone number but not understood how the database was structured. So yes it will come back with a phone number. So it looks great. But if anyone has ever changed their phone number with Egg then it will be wrong and you won't be able to register with YBS.

This is one SQL term, i.e. ASC or DESC depending on the order. They could have fixed it at any time right up to now with either the addition of 3 or 4 letters in the script. Done for all customers :beer: That tells me all I need to know I'm afraid about how secure their online systems are. Despite telling them a new number apparently their systems take 24hrs to update as well!

The thing that scares me is I could have told them anything over the phone and pretty much got it changed to a mobile number of my choice. I actually have a few quid in there and so am amazed by the sheer level of incompetence to be honest. Not impressed with the security and will be closing my account as soon as I can get back in.

Apparently they also go hit with the Sophos Anti-Virus update problem last week as well :( But so did a lot of companies to be fair (Google YBS Sophos). Bet it sucks to work in IT at YBS at the mo ;)
  • Anti_Bank
    Options
    drfrantic wrote: »

The thing that scares me is I could have told them anything over the phone and pretty much got it changed to a mobile number of my choice. I actually have a few quid in there and so am amazed by the sheer level of incompetence to be honest. Not impressed with the security and will be closing my account as soon as I can get back

Er - how else do you normally change your mobile phone number if not by calling and having it changed to a mobile of your choice?!

Ps - checked accounts this morning and paid a bill this afternoon and had no problems whatsoever - maybe it's your connection?
  • innovate
    innovate Posts: 16,217 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Money Manager is still not working properly, and their Support folks don't seem to have much of a clue.

I was told that the fact that I cannot edit any of my existing accounts has to do with the amount of traffic they are experiencing.

Very unimpressed. Thankfully, First Direct offers a workable alternative.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure