Egg Money migration...or not....

Options

Comments

• LosEndos
    Options
    Ah, to answer my own question:
    1) Download the extension file from the website and save it to your computer.
    2) Click the spanner icon on the browser toolbar.
    Select Tools > Extensions.
    3) Locate the extension file on your computer and drag the file onto the Extensions page.
    4) Review the list of permissions in the dialogue that appears. If you would like to proceed, click Install.
  • Onawingandaprayer
    Options
    LosEndos wrote: »
    3) Locate the extension file on your computer and drag the file onto the Extensions page.

Hi Los Endos
    Having same trouble as you!
    Can you clarify what you said above, as Chrome won't even let me download the file. It doesn't appear in the downloads list, and just times me out after 60 secs.

Many thanks

Sorry to use you as unpaid YBS techsupport!
  • Onawingandaprayer
    Options
    S'OK! Found it! It was hiding!

Cheers
  • LosEndos
    Options
    Well it did download it for me (into the win7 default 'download' directory). I then just did as it said above (Click the spanner icon on the browser toolbar. Select Tools > Extensions.) and then drag and drop from the 'download' directory to the Chrome web page.

(Note that the site seems really slow, so that might be causing problems too)
  • LosEndos
    Options
    Ah, glad you are sorted...
  • innovate
    innovate Posts: 16,217 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Second I would prefer to use FD as both myself and wife have accounts, however last time I tried it (2-3 years ago) it would not let me add her accounts to my MM. Anyone know if this is allowed now?

They don't / cannot check who the accounts that you add to the MM belong to. I have had one EMM for the accounts of two people for years, and have not had any probs adding them to FD so far (still in the process of completing my FD setup).

How did they tell you you are not allowed what you wanted to do?
  • cepheus
    cepheus Posts: 20,053 Forumite
    Options
    Started to use it this morning for first time. Most of the accounts seem to work except the Nationwide and Santander credit cards, the former which threw up a problem a month or so ago prior to the changeover.
  • Masomnia
    Masomnia Posts: 19,506 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I've got a quid in an Egg savings account, just in case they came up with a good offer at some stage. Reading all this I don't think I'll bother doing the changeover - they can put the quid in the Christmas do pot.
    “I could see that, if not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled.” - P.G. Wodehouse
  • LosEndos
    Options
    innovate wrote: »
    They don't / cannot check who the accounts that you add to the MM belong to. I have had one EMM for the accounts of two people for years, and have not had any probs adding them to FD so far (still in the process of completing my FD setup).

How did they tell you you are not allowed what you wanted to do?
    When I was in my First Direct MM and went to add another account, 'First Direct' was not in the list of accounts that I could add.
  • innovate
    innovate Posts: 16,217 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    When I was in my First Direct MM and went to add another account, 'First Direct' was not in the list of accounts that I could add.

Ah right, that may be the case - I only ever had more than one account at external banks (Nationwide, Halifax, Lloyds, Santander).
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure