PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

October 2012 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• she_who_can_not_cook
    she_who_can_not_cook Posts: 650 Forumite
    edited 22 September 2012 at 12:33PM
    Options
    PLease put me down for 156.00 this month i am shaving off a grand total of 4 quid / 1 pound a week . My oct starts 23rd sept lol and thank you
    Gc 2013 +26 -5. -4 -7 -14 -15 -10.-8.20 +15p+30+5.80 Dec +9 GROCERY challenge 2014 Jan -2Feb -3 March -1.50 April +5.40 May +4.90 June -3.July 16.50/85

God bless my sweet "old man" Goldie that died in the early hours of 27 th March please see him on my avatar
  • GreenFairy
    GreenFairy Posts: 379 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 21 September 2012 at 10:19PM
    Options
    Woohoo! Another GC month! Am sticking on the September thread 'til the last gasp, but can I go down for €250 please? Works out as £200, based on today's rate. Only a tenner off, but every little helps :)

Much obliged to the GC crew for keeping this running so well every month - my budget would be a lot scarier without you!
    Attempting to stay on track in the Grocery Challenge!

Occasionally blogging at CookingTheBooks!
  • Possession
    Options
    October here already - have to admit I don't even know what the date is! i'll be on the Sept thread until 27th which is my switchover. I'd like to really cut back this month, but on the otherhand I'll be catering a Halloween party so perhaps I'll stick to £190 again please.
  • meanmarie
    meanmarie Posts: 5,328 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Not got through September yet but will have budget of €175 for October please.

Marie

why won't colour and size work as it used to do????
    Weight 08 February 86kg
  • Billie-jo
    Billie-jo Posts: 1,221 Forumite
    Options
    Still on the Sept challenge until last day of the month but am going to try for £240 for october please - a reduction of £20 Lets see if its doable or not. Ideally would love to get to £200 or less but one small step at a time.

:D (You dont know how many times I have typed £250 and £240 while have been trying to decide) :D :rotfl::rotfl:

Good luck everyone and thank you to all those who keep this going.
    MARCH £62.38/250
  • Suffolk_lass
    Suffolk_lass Posts: 9,345 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 21 September 2012 at 10:41PM
    Options
    Ooh, :j lovely new thread. I'd like to be in for my usual £400 please Coxy. Good luck everyone and also a big thankyou to everyone involved in running this thread.

And a special thank you to Helen Jelly for every previous month where she has kept our log of pledges - :T

Good luck everyone. I'll be staying with September for a week yet but I can't resist an early post and subscription!

Let's be really strict this month or there'll be nothing left to blow for Christmas. :eek:

A special good luck to all our newbies

All the best
    SL
    Save £12k in 2024 - #2 target is £5000 only £798.34 so far
    OS Grocery Challenge 2024 31.1% spent or £932.98/£3,000 annual
    I also Reverse Meal Plan on that thread and grow much of our own premium price fruit and veg, joining in on the Grow your own thread
    My Debt Free Diary Get a grip Woman
  • missmucksmum
    Options
    I am starting afresh after not being able to keep track last month so am doing 5 weeks which will end on thursday 25th and Im going for £250 please, hopefully if I can curb my addiction to shopping it wont come in anywhere near this!
    January Grocery Challenge £203.50/£200 :)
    13NSD
    February Grocery Challenge £59.20/£200
  • cowboymum
    Options
    Put me down for £300 this month but this is from 14th Sept - 12th Oct (a 4 weekly amount). Spent lots already but some to second purse.
  • sweetpea26
    Options
    Hi all

Thank you for running such an inspirational thread.
    Please can you put me down for £300.
    Thank you :)
  • Welsh_Poppy
    Options
    Hello All

Please can I be put down for £220
    We have been reduced to just Hubby and myself so the budget reflects this.
    I went AWOl in September but back on track fo october.
    Thanks to Helen for doing such sterling work
    Weight loss challenge 66lb to go /59lb's lost

Grocery Budget January £150/£175
    Feb £150/
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business