PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

October 2012 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• jumblejack
    jumblejack Posts: 6,599 Forumite
    Options
    Another great bargain in Tesco,,,

3p for a tin on mushy peas. You can even turn these into soup or curry with a bit of imagination......
    577° Tesco Everyday Value British Mushy Peas 4p online NOW 3p INSTORE!

Penny sweets cost more than this nowadays! They're good too! Can't go wrong for 3 ****' p! Bought some in my local Tesco in Goole this morning. I asked the question and it is nationwide so no idea why they're still 4p online. But even so, still a good deal!
    Found 1 day, 6 hours ago by
    lufc1988
    Save for later

Thank OP on HUKD:T
    :A Every moment is a gift. That's why we call it the present.!:A
    Grocery Spend Weekly Challenge (Sat-Fri):£30.50/£40
  • GreenFairy wrote: »
    Woohoo! Another GC month! Am sticking on the September thread 'til the last gasp, but can I go down for €250 please? Works out as £200, based on today's rate. Only a tenner off, but every little helps :)

Much obliged to the GC crew for keeping this running so well every month - my budget would be a lot scarier without you!
    here here forgive the rudeness
    Gc 2013 +26 -5. -4 -7 -14 -15 -10.-8.20 +15p+30+5.80 Dec +9 GROCERY challenge 2014 Jan -2Feb -3 March -1.50 April +5.40 May +4.90 June -3.July 16.50/85

God bless my sweet "old man" Goldie that died in the early hours of 27 th March please see him on my avatar
  • Godiva500
    Godiva500 Posts: 443 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 22 September 2012 at 6:18PM
    Options
    Can I join please for October. My spend was £480 per month. I reduced it to £400 last month by changing supermarkets, but need to get it lower - much lower. I will be reading this thread religiously for advice and help.
    I am disabled and only buy online at the moment, so any online bargains would be great - partic Asda which I am shopping at at the moment.

My month will start on Friday 28th Sept.

Thanks all xx

Godiva500 £400

PS Lidel have half price weekend this weekend. HTH
  • Coxy11
    Coxy11 Posts: 4,883 Forumite
    Homepage Hero Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi everyone,

Budgets update to here :)

If you would like your name and budget included at the beginning of the thread, please post big and red so that I can spot them easily. Otherwise please feel free to keep track in your signature.

Cross-stitch WIP: Durene Jones Haberdashery Shop 365 1p challenge member No.6 Read 24 books in 2024 - currently reading Into the Water by Paula Hawkins 14/24
  • WelshWoofer
    Options
    I'm in again for October - where are the months going?

Its a 5 week shopping month for me and so I've decided to go for £140 for the month starting next Saturday. Thats for all food, drinks, toiletries, dog food, household stuff and packed lunches.

September went well so I'm hoping that I continue the success.

Thanks again to all that run the thread:T
  • EverTheOptimist
    Options
    I'm in too. Setting my budget at £150 which i will track myself.

Not starting until 1st October though. Am going for more of a healthy approach, so hopefully receipts will show more fruit and veg, i think i have this plan every month. :D Will def meal plan too as i need to save money. Normally i need to save money, now i really NEED to save money.

And yay :j to it nearly being October, i am so wishing time away whilst hubby is away so sorry for anyone that is getting the winter blues. But roll on January. :D
    SPC 14 Target £200 /
    Debt: £11850
  • cowboymum
    cowboymum Posts: 242 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 22 September 2012 at 8:38PM
    Options
    More spends to log. £26.95 in adsa, £10.16 in Mr Ts (but this was second purse spending - branston baked beans, 4 tins for £1.26, not a bad price so I bought loads!!!). I also did some shopping last night at Mr Ts - pizza and ice cream treat which came to £16.28. V expensive but dhs birthday so we've been having a few treats!

Over half of budget spent already!
  • katholicos
    katholicos Posts: 2,658 Forumite
    Options
    Hi all. Spent about a fiver on edibles from the £ shop yesterday...i like their boxes of maxwell house cappucino sachets.

This evening, nipped to supermarket and spent £14.39.

Spent about a fiver in costa yesterday also.
    Grocery Challenge for October: £135/£200

NSD Challenge: October 0/14
  • cupcakeprincess
    Options
    Good morning all!

I've never done this before so before so please bare with me.

I only shop for myself so I'm going to set myself a budget of £50 for October (28/09/12 - 31/10/12) I've got loads of stuff in my cupboards that I want to use so this would be a good start.

Thank you x
    2019 wins: Nothing yet :(
  • WantToBeSE
    Options
    Hi all :)

i am making kedgeree for dinner tonight, and will be cheating by using one of those 'golden vegetable' packets of rice that have been lurking in my cupbpards for yonks.
    I have loads of smoked haddock too, so a yummy dinner for us tonight!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure