PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

October 2012 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• Doris65_2
    Options
    Hi
    I really got lost last month and spent £280, over by 40 quids!!!
    however I have got a frezzer groaning with food,(am doing a full inventory today) so im going for £240 again this month, ive now got a spread sheet set up to log all spends correctly.
    hopefully october will be a better month.

DX
  • I'll do this too if no one minds me popping my newbie head in :)

I'd like to start on the 27th September as thats my payday and will be easier to manage finances from there (been a hectic month with regards to money).

So I will give myself a budget of £300
  • Maitane
    Options
    Hi de hi all,

We're starting October early due to a change in management... Mr Maitane is now planning, shopping and cooking because he wants to have a crack at the money saving his way and then we'll reassess next month and take the best from each approach. :beer: Score!

We were a little over (I still need to confirm by exactly how much) for September so we'll go higher this month but hopefully do a bit better.

So, we're starting from yesterday (21/9) and would you be so kind as to put us down for £120 for the two of us (including the Mr with hollow legs) - food, household and all.

Thanks and good luck to all this month!

Maity x
    "We always find something, hey Didi, to give us the impression we exist?" Samuel Beckett, Waiting for Godot.
    DFW Club number 1212 - Proud to be dealing with my debts
  • KatyReed+5
    Options
    Can i please be put down for £350 for food please.

Thank you.

Katy, X
    June £0.00 GC / £200.00
    Family of 4 : 1 adult 3 kids ages 3,4 & 5.
  • jumblejack
    Options
    H guys,

Wow. Time Flies. I have just popped a post on the September thread and then saw this one. I must be getting old.

Hope you are all well and having a fab weekend.

Off to take the sprogs to football now. They will be too stuffed to run around the field now though. ;)

JJ :)
    :A Every moment is a gift. That's why we call it the present.!:A
    Grocery Spend Weekly Challenge (Sat-Fri):£30.50/£40
  • Smoosh
    Smoosh Posts: 1,629 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    :wave: Hi, hope it's ok if I join!

I won't start until the 1st of October, but if I could be put down for £80 that would be great :) Budget is for 2 adults and a cat, also to include any food/drinks bought out and also any household items that we usually buy with groceries. Thank you :)
  • zippychick
    Options
    Helen Ive deleted your list as Coxy has now posted one (just in case you wonder why( , Im just waiting on her putting it in the post following Rosies. Once that's done, we're all sorted and it's dead easy from now!!!!!

thanks again
    A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men :cool:
    Norn Iron club member #380

• flubberyzing
    Options
    Hello!
    Please can you put me down for £50 starting October 1st! This is just for one adult.

September only included food, so now I'm going to try with all other householdy bits included!
    Because it's fun to have money!
    £0/£70 August GC
    £68.35/£70 July GC
    January-June 2019 = £356.94/£420
  • MoneyQueen
    Options
    Hi, can you put me down for £150 please. I had budgeted £120 for September but failed miserably so have now decided to reduce the budget by £10 each month till we reach £120 as currently we have been spending £160 for two adults.

This month will start tomorrow and finish on 22nd Oct

MQ
  • jumblejack
    jumblejack Posts: 6,599 Forumite
    edited 22 September 2012 at 2:35PM
    Options
    Great bargain in Tesco at the moment:
    417° Tinned Quarter Pears in Juice-instore only- 15p @ tesco

61 pence a tin online-just been instore and they are priced on the shelf at 15p each-bargainy!
    Found 21 hours, 25 minutes ago by
    barky

Thanks the OP on HUKD if you can.

I'm gonna stock up. Love canned pears!

010958.jpg
    :A Every moment is a gift. That's why we call it the present.!:A
    Grocery Spend Weekly Challenge (Sat-Fri):£30.50/£40
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing