Bounce Bounce Bounce (like tigger) to a healthier and happier you with Slimming World

Options

Comments

• jaffa_cake_3
    Options
    Rainbow - your signature brightened my day! That is how my wardrobe used to feel! lol xx :rotfl:
    51lb to lose....!
    Lost so far - 18lb :j
    35% of the way there!
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,650 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    rfd, unless your friend is going to cook SW for you the you'll just have to go with whatever she serves up. The main thing is have a good time and get straight back on the wagon when you get home. If I were you I'd have a meal plan ready for next week.

WI for me this morning and although I managed to put on a bit it wasn't enough. I'm 0.5lbs below my target range so I had to pay!:eek: Still, I have a wedding on Saturday so should manage to get back into range.

It was quiet at our group today but it did make for a more manageable Image Therapy session: genuine conversation around the group rather than trite, repetitive soundbites. There is one woman there who can't let herself have hardly any syns. We had a good chat about ways of having them but sticking within limits.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,578 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    maman~do you keep your shoes on?
    Your jacket? ;)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • kandfs_mam
    kandfs_mam Posts: 1,053 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Maman - a perfect excuse for an extra bottle of wine this weekend!! :)
    Mortgage Aug 22 £280,000
    Current mortgage  £28,000

• rainbowfairydust
    rainbowfairydust Posts: 16,389 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 11 October 2012 at 12:56PM
    Options
    jaffa_cake wrote: »
    Rainbow - your signature brightened my day! That is how my wardrobe used to feel! lol xx :rotfl:

Thanks.. Mine too :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    maman wrote: »
    rfd, unless your friend is going to cook SW for you the you'll just have to go with whatever she serves up. The main thing is have a good time and get straight back on the wagon when you get home. If I were you I'd have a meal plan ready for next week.

WI for me this morning and although I managed to put on a bit it wasn't enough. I'm 0.5lbs below my target range so I had to pay!:eek: Still, I have a wedding on Saturday so should manage to get back into range.

I have already cooked a massive tuna/pasta bake last night, i have plans to make a SW quiche when i come home. Am set for all breakfasts as i have grape nuts & porridge in, just need to buy some fruit en-route home on sunday.

I think its the alcohol that is a concern as i know when i am drunk i will be eating chips & chicken kebabs at 4am :o. I am thinking (she says now) that i might go for just the chicken kebab (minus the pitta) - while not [STRIKE]ideal [/STRIKE]the best choice it will satisfy the hunger craving. I would dearly like to say that i can resist eating food at all but i just know that this wont happen. I have tried to compensate by having low syns since Tuesday so i hope it wont be as bad as what i am worried about.

I also know that it will just be the Saturday that we are going out . Just feel like that i am going to ruin it all as i feel like i have been properly on track for a couple of weeks :undecided

arghhhh i feel really worried now

ETA .. shame you had to pay as well.. How much under target did you drop?
    Sleazy wrote: »
    I like RainbowFairyDust .....

RFD for president .... Ra! Ra! Ra! :j

Undergrad degree - completed 2018
    Masters degree - completed 2019
  • Pennylane
    Pennylane Posts: 2,707 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    kjmtidea wrote: »
    I'm not stalking you honestly :rotfl:. I've tried the sour cream and chive ones that I got and they are lovely, i'll be buynig these instead of pringles at christmas. I preferred the asda kiwiberries over the sainsburys one, the asda ones are cheaper too :T

Pennylane my weightloss has been really slow lately with 1/2lb here and 1lb there, I know how frustrating it is! We will get there eventually. I have actually just sent my consultant a message mentioning how fed up I am with all the people who say 'yeah i'm happy with my 2 1/2lb weightloss this week because I did have 4 takeaways' :eek: I could have slapped her :rotfl:.

I know the consultant can't really do much about it but just thought she should be aware how discouraging it is for the rest of us who are sticking to it 100% and only getting little losses.

I'm not quite as brave as you, although I did leave a note in her comments box. :D

Another thing I've noticed is how several people seem to go along, get weighed and barely follow the SW plan at all. Last night it was a woman's turn and she'd lost a pound. Consultant asked her what kind of day she'd had and what she'd eaten. She said "a banana" .... that's ALL DAY!:eek: This was about 7pm. I commented on this to the woman next to me and she said "I'm the same, I've only had 2 Ryvita." Errrr .... why? I think it gives a false reading and SW encourage us all to eat healthily and plentifully. I'd had Oatbran and banana for breakfast, a large mushroom omelette, a big salad and beetroot, a muller light greek yoghourt and a mango for lunch and I was going home to a vegetable fricasee and low fat sausages.
  • rainbowfairydust
    rainbowfairydust Posts: 16,389 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 11 October 2012 at 12:51PM
    Options
    Pennylane wrote: »

Another thing I've noticed is how several people seem to go along, get weighed and barely follow the SW plan at all. Last night it was a woman's turn and she'd lost a pound. Consultant asked her what kind of day she'd had and what she'd eaten. She said "a banana" .... that's ALL DAY!:eek: This was about 7pm. I commented on this to the woman next to me and she said "I'm the same, I've only had 2 Ryvita." Errrr .... why? I think it gives a false reading and SW encourage us all to eat healthily and plentifully.

That is daft :eek:.Their bodies will go into starvation mode and so losing weight becomes harder because every time they try to lose weight the body thinks "oh crud.. i am not getting enough food so must store fuel ".
    Did your consultant say anything to them?

• rainbowfairydust
    Options
    I had my jacket spud with just plain tuna & it was actually lovely. The shop only had butter so thought i'd give it a miss.

• dianetheartist
    Options
    OH--didnt think there would be many syns in the Skinny Soup! Couldnt see anything in the ingrediants to make it high syns like that!
    Only had it this week so it was nothing to do with the gain last week! Had it 2 days this week--and lost 3lb!!!!!! YIPPEE went to the morning weigh in as I had time--will go back to evening one with daughter and stay for talk tonight...
    Im well pleased with the 3lb off.....feel like Im back on track..
    I might be crazy but I'm not stupid....
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,650 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    ETA .. shame you had to pay as well.. How much under target did you drop?

Last week I was three under but only managed 2.5 lbs back on (despite wearing shoes;)) so I'm now half below the lowest I should be. You only get one week to get back in range unfortunately.

I have had extra wine to gain this week kandf:D

rfd, personally I think you'll feel better for going away and enjoying yourself and sometimes a bit of a change of diet is a good thing. You might gain a bit but you'll be remotivated. Stop worrying and enjoy!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure