Bounce Bounce Bounce (like tigger) to a healthier and happier you with Slimming World

Options

Comments

• psychopathbabble
    Options
    Blodwen wrote: »

I made it a few months ago and wasn't too impressed but it made a decent swiss roll- the fact that it doesn't rise is less important then I think. I filled it with sweetened Quark and mixed berries and it was quite nice :)

I think it's actually the sweetened quark I don't like! I'll eat it anyway... can't waste food :o
    Became Mrs Scotland 16.01.16 :heart:Became homeowners 26.02.16 :heart:Baby girl arrived 27.10.16 :heart:Baby boy arrived 16.09.2018
  • psychopathbabble
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    Was out on my trike yesterday :)
    Twice in a week :eek: :rotfl:

Wow go you! Putting me to shame.... :p
    Became Mrs Scotland 16.01.16 :heart:Became homeowners 26.02.16 :heart:Baby girl arrived 27.10.16 :heart:Baby boy arrived 16.09.2018
  • kjmtidea
    kjmtidea Posts: 1,372 Forumite
    Options
    Has anyone tried the new Special K crisps? I saw them in Sainsburys on offer for £1 so got a box of the sour cream and chive ones, they are 95 calories for 21 crisps so 5 syns. I'll give them a try later and let you know!

I am absolutely obsessed with kiwiberries at the moment, I think it was on this thread that they were mentioned so of course I had to try them, can't get enough of them now but they are so expensive! Why can't I like cheap stuff?!
    Slimming World - 3 stone 8 1/2lbs in 7 months and now at target :j
  • jaffa_cake_3
    Options
    :eek: they must have added more cream since i last bought it! its not worth 11 syns!

Gutted.... I won't be buying any more if them then!! In fact, I shouldn't be lazy, i have the cookbook and I am sure i can make my favourites SW friendly.... (here's hoping anyway!) :-D xx
    51lb to lose....!
    Lost so far - 18lb :j
    35% of the way there!
  • jaffa_cake_3
    Options
    Pennylane wrote: »
    Lost just half a pound, despite upping my exercise. Still atleast it's off.

Stayed to Image Therapy tonight and I nearly fell asleep. Our consultant uses her little computer gadget and reads through every single name (and there's probably about 50 people who weigh in). So it's like "Sue?" chorus "she's gone home" "Kim?" chorus "she's gone home." She might read out 10 names until finally someone is still there, they discuss weight loss/gain and then we have another 10 or so names :eek::eek: I doubt there's 20 people who stay so you can imagine how tedious this is and just serves to highlight that people, for whatever reason, are not staying to Image Therapy.

To my mind, this is just wasting valuable time when we could be doing really positive things - like talking about syn values, swapping recipes, sharing tips etc.

I must say, that is the painful bit I found - people just go home halfway through as it takes sooooo long - I wish we could just do what you say, recipe swapping etc etc xx
    51lb to lose....!
    Lost so far - 18lb :j
    35% of the way there!
  • stef240377
    stef240377 Posts: 2,798 Forumite
    Options
    Kjmtidea - have you been riffling through my shopping lol. I too bought the Special K cracker/crisps this week. Although i got the sweet chilli ones. They are nice but i prefer the Velvet crunch ones which are also 1 syn less a serving.
    It was also me that mentioned the kiwiberries, unfortunately there were none to be found when i popped into Asda and most the fruit had gone from Sainsburys when i were in there too - savies the pennies though i suppose.
    :j Was married 2nd october 2009 to the most wonderful man possible:j

DD 1994, DS 1996 AND DS 1997

Lost 3st 5lb with Slimming world so far!!
  • Rosie1978
    Options
    Fluff1987 - I find that if you take the curry off the heat for a few minutes before you stir through the yoghurt or quark in, then it doesn't seperate. Quark when it seperates is ewwwww!

Jaffa_Cake - Yes thanks - really trying to be focused and feeling positive - I want that stone sticker!!!!

Well, I'm being good. Went to the gym last night and have a Vew-Do balance board class tonight - which I fully expect to end with me falling on my face!! I'll give it a try! I think it seems to be like a skateboard but on a roller? :eek:

I also bought some ASDA Fat Free yoghurts this week which seem much creamier than Mullerlights and cheaper! Also made a tonne of SW chocolate mousee - my sweet tooth is my downfall!

Has anyone tried the Jacobs Savour crackers? They are 20 cals each and I'm not sure how many syns they would be but they are rather lush :)
  • rainbowfairydust
    rainbowfairydust Posts: 16,389 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 11 October 2012 at 12:49PM
    Options
    Good morning

How is everyone today? Its my "friday" today :T. I am going away this weekend (slightly worried because alcohol will be involved i am sure) to see my friend in somerset. Not sure how to best handle the weekend. Think i will just try & stick to plan as best i can..

EE for me today -

B - Strawberries, apple & muller light vanilla yoghurt
    L - Jacket potato with plain tuna [STRIKE]& smidgem of low fat marg (2 syns)[/STRIKE]
    D - cous cous (1.5 syns) with turkey & veggies on side

Snacks - melon, raspberries, 2 babybel light cheese (Hex a), 2 hifi light (hex b), muller light greek coconut yoghurt (0.5 syns) & FF flump twist (1.5)
    Sleazy wrote: »
    I like RainbowFairyDust .....

RFD for president .... Ra! Ra! Ra! :j

Undergrad degree - completed 2018
    Masters degree - completed 2019
  • rainbowfairydust
    Options
    Rosie1978 wrote: »

Has anyone tried the Jacobs Savour crackers? They are 20 cals each and I'm not sure how many syns they would be but they are rather lush :)

1 syn each ;)
    Sleazy wrote: »
    I like RainbowFairyDust .....

RFD for president .... Ra! Ra! Ra! :j

Undergrad degree - completed 2018
    Masters degree - completed 2019
  • kjmtidea
    kjmtidea Posts: 1,372 Forumite
    Options
    stef240377 wrote: »
    Kjmtidea - have you been riffling through my shopping lol. I too bought the Special K cracker/crisps this week. Although i got the sweet chilli ones. They are nice but i prefer the Velvet crunch ones which are also 1 syn less a serving.
    It was also me that mentioned the kiwiberries, unfortunately there were none to be found when i popped into Asda and most the fruit had gone from Sainsburys when i were in there too - savies the pennies though i suppose.

I'm not stalking you honestly :rotfl:. I've tried the sour cream and chive ones that I got and they are lovely, i'll be buynig these instead of pringles at christmas. I preferred the asda kiwiberries over the sainsburys one, the asda ones are cheaper too :T

Pennylane my weightloss has been really slow lately with 1/2lb here and 1lb there, I know how frustrating it is! We will get there eventually. I have actually just sent my consultant a message mentioning how fed up I am with all the people who say 'yeah i'm happy with my 2 1/2lb weightloss this week because I did have 4 takeaways' :eek: I could have slapped her :rotfl:.

I know the consultant can't really do much about it but just thought she should be aware how discouraging it is for the rest of us who are sticking to it 100% and only getting little losses.
    Slimming World - 3 stone 8 1/2lbs in 7 months and now at target :j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport