MSE News: EDF to pull top fixed energy deal

Options
"Households need to hurry to bag one of the few remaining cheap fixed energy deals as EDF is set to axe its top tariff ..."
Read the full story:

EDF to pull top fixed energy deal

OfficialStamp.gif

Comments

• billlew
    billlew Posts: 70 Forumite
    Options
    My EDF deal Fixed S@ver ver2 runs out on 30/09/2012, if I apply today for the Blue will I have to pay exit penalties. My usage is Elec 2400 kwh / year & Gas 13100 kwh / year.
    Thanks
  • neilmcl
    neilmcl Posts: 19,460 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    You need to read this thread: http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4113459

Especially for the link to change.
  • SG_Guy
    SG_Guy Posts: 100 Forumite
    Options
    Am on the SP online fixed price energy (November 2013) and was so easy to switch to the January 2014 (i.e. end December 2013) tariff - SP put you on a list and switch you over as soon as the tariff becomes available. Confirm same pricing and no penalty charges. Very good customer service including a call-back and one reason we decided to stay with SP rather than risk EDF.
  • Dadof4
    Dadof4 Posts: 9 Forumite
    edited 30 August 2012 at 4:51PM
    Options
    I'm in the same boat, on EDF fixed s@ver V2 ending 30.9.12. Just phoned EDF and opted for the Blue +Price Promise April 2014. EDF confirmed no exit fees payable, as the new tarrif doesn't start until 1st Oct.
  • MillicentBystander
    MillicentBystander Posts: 3,518 Forumite
    edited 30 August 2012 at 3:34PM
    Options
    Used the 01138207832 number to get through straight away (spent far too much time on hold on their 0800 number since signing up to avoid that at all costs!) - just done it now but the tariff starts immediately but no exit fees to pay. Can't believe I'm staying with EDF but no exit fees on the new tariff so will be looking out for offers in future.
  • Yorkie1
    Yorkie1 Posts: 11,555 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Glad I applied for the tariff through a switch site yesterday evening now!
  • starM
    starM Posts: 1,464 Forumite
    Options
    Hi, just switched on https://www.pages05.net/sites/feelbetter - my online version 10 tariff will end 30/09/12. Got this message at the end:-

We will update your energy account(s) to Blue +Price Promise April 2014 as soon as your current tariff ends on 30 September 2012.

You won't have to do a thing and your supply won't be interrupted.

You will receive further details on Blue +Price Promise April 2014 a few days after 1 October once your current tariff has come to an end.

If you pay by monthly Direct Debit we may write to you around 1 October with details of your new monthly Direct Debit payments. Your payments may change to reflect the price of your new tariff.
  • MillicentBystander
    Options
    starM wrote: »
    Hi, just switched on https://www.pages05.net/sites/feelbetter - my online version 10 tariff will end 30/09/12. Got this message at the end:-

We will update your energy account(s) to Blue +Price Promise April 2014 as soon as your current tariff ends on 30 September 2012.

You won't have to do a thing and your supply won't be interrupted.

You will receive further details on Blue +Price Promise April 2014 a few days after 1 October once your current tariff has come to an end.

If you pay by monthly Direct Debit we may write to you around 1 October with details of your new monthly Direct Debit payments. Your payments may change to reflect the price of your new tariff.

What the heck is that site?
  • PeterJohnson
    Options
    What the heck is that site?

I think the account was logged in on EDF and the link was copied from the secure area. Whoops :D
    According to ABBA apparently it's a rich mans' world . . .:p
  • neilmcl
    neilmcl Posts: 19,460 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    That's the correct link for switching from fixed saver v2 to Blue 2014.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure