The Gift Basket and Hampers Index

Options

Comments

• dizzy_lizzie
    dizzy_lizzie Posts: 2,952 Forumite
    Options

Fab site. Thanks for posting. Will add this link on our mse frugal thread :T
    x
    Official DFW Nerd Club Member no:219
    In the Court Of The Crimson King
    I don't believe in the concept of hell, but if I did I would think of it as filled with people who were cruel to animals.
    Gary Larson
  • PixieDust
    PixieDust Posts: 944 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    I got mine from h0me b@rgains :) Very reasonable prices...though I can't remember what they were.....but I wouldn't have bought them if they hadn't been :)
  • salduck
    salduck Posts: 1,070 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    If anyone is making "hampers" for posting far far away Home Bargains have really cute tins maybe 9cm long by an inch and a half deep in Christmas decos for only 39p! I have family in oz and they are all getting one of these filled with home goodies that they cant get over there! Such delights as refreshers, nougat and strawberry licorice! Should make it ok price wise to post!
    HTH
    S
    Mortgage free wannabe! No idea on date yet! £132,350 TBC
    Loan paying off May 2022 £7000
  • mckay888
    Options
    Brilliant post... thanks for sharing this.
  • anasimp00
    Options
    My boyfriend bought me a couple of cool t shirts and this was the best gift of my X-mas. thnaks Donnie.
  • stamp76
    stamp76 Posts: 33 Forumite
    Options
    Check out this company. They do beautiful hampers of local produce (especially Herefordshire and Wales). Really great quality and service.
    http://www.sarahsgiftsandhampers.co.uk/
  • krissymas
    Options
    We're making hampers this year, full of food and treats! So far, there's (all homemade) truffles, bounty balls, cranberry shortbread biscuits, chilli jam, wine (not homemade!), ginger beer, and a few little presents to go with :)
    * Thrifty Bride saving for her 2013 wedding in the sunshine *
  • catrinka88
    Options
    Hello,

Sorry if this has been asked already- can anyone tell me where they got wicker baskets/trays for their homemade hampers as I can't find any cheap ones!
  • springdreams
    Options
    catrinka88 wrote: »
    Hello,

Sorry if this has been asked already- can anyone tell me where they got wicker baskets/trays for their homemade hampers as I can't find any cheap ones!

Hello and welcome :beer:

There a lots of suggestions on where to get hamper baskets on this thread:
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4303247
    squeaky wrote: »
    Smiles are as perfect a gift as hugs...
    ..one size fits all... and nobody minds if you give it back.
    ☆.。.:*・° Housework is so much easier without the clutter ☆.。.:*・°
    SPC No. 518
  • sally_80
    Options
    I'm making hampers for my family this year to save money. I found a lot of my ideas on the 'Salter UK' 'Foody Christmas Gift Ideas' Pinterest board.

This Saturday I'm straining my Cranberry and Orange vodka, and have already put together loads of hot chocolate pots with marshmallows and Baileys!

I'll also be doing the little cookie jars but they take a bit more maths and preparation. If you want to make little gifts for lots of people but not spend forever doing it I'd really recommend the hot chocolate pots. So easy and simple to do and with some nice ribbon and bits they make a really nice gift. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure