The Gift Basket and Hampers Index

Options

Comments

• Own_My_Own
    Own_My_Own Posts: 6,098 Forumite
    Xmas Saver!
    Options
    parkgirl wrote: »
    Hi - I saw a thread on here somewhere and it had poems and what not on that you could attach to homemade gifts. I can't find it anywhere now. The one I was particularly interested in was for an empty jar but it was a poem about how it was filled with love. Any ideas anyone? Thanks

A jar of giggles-
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=13627867&postcount=75

Taken from the Gift in a Jar thread-
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=571440

HTH. x
  • parkgirl
    parkgirl Posts: 164 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks Own My Own - that's just what I wanted. x
  • DundeeDoll
    DundeeDoll Posts: 4,905 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Just thought i'd let you know about the hamper i did for my Oh this year. An A to Z of why I love you. I had hoped to cover the box (an old amazon one) with a to z pages but flu struck so just wrote it on top.
    We'd set a limit onpressies of £100 each and, with the help of early xmas sales and a lovely picture accidentally framed in not the frame ordered by someone else so a bargain i managed to buy 4 very nice things, lots of much cheaper things, and a few things i just raided the house. I then put a note in each explaining so eg a is for apple cos you're the apple of my eye with a birdfeeder that holds an apple, my Dd helped me wrap them and i wrote the appropriate letter on each. Now doing the same for my dad's bday cept it'll be an a-z of memories from my childhood (he's76) and each will have a rhyming couplet in.
    MrsSD declutter medals 🏅🏅🏅⭐⭐
  • DundeeDoll
    DundeeDoll Posts: 4,905 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Oh and something nice my dd did for me - a rainbow of gifts. So 7 gifts each wrapped in the appropriate colour. I've done the same for mum but with an italian theme :-) my lips are sealed further cos it's her bday wedneday and she might be reading this so ssshhhhhhhhhhh
    MrsSD declutter medals 🏅🏅🏅⭐⭐
  • storm35
    storm35 Posts: 148 Forumite
    Options
    I made a beautiful hamper up for my mum in law for her wedding anniversary, i bought the basket from home bargains, the medium sized white ones with the lovely material inside it, i got some chocs from asda, photo frame home bargains, also some gardening equipment with a few pots and seeds, so she had her sweets, gardening stuff, photo frame with the grand kids in it, and then i added some bath smellys from here https://www.spellboundsoaps.co.uk fab site very reasonably priced to, she reimburses if your postage is too high. Then i got some confetti threw it, cellophane with a huge big tie bow and voila, she loved it, it only cost me £9 altogether, wish i took a pic now.
    So i am planning hampers for the rest of the family for this xmas, need to get a book and write down what they all like lol xx
  • Poppycat
    Poppycat Posts: 19,913 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Post 77 is a :spam: merchant reported had several post removed today
  • debndot
    debndot Posts: 124 Forumite
    Options
    I don't know if its been mentioned before but easyfloristsupplies.co.uk have very cheap wicker baskets, cellophane wrap and other supplies for hampers and gifts so maybe worth a look :)
  • redbooties
    redbooties Posts: 141 Forumite
    Options
    DundeeDoll wrote: »
    Just thought i'd let you know about the hamper i did for my Oh this year. An A to Z of why I love you. I had hoped to cover the box (an old amazon one) with a to z pages but flu struck so just wrote it on top.
    We'd set a limit onpressies of £100 each and, with the help of early xmas sales and a lovely picture accidentally framed in not the frame ordered by someone else so a bargain i managed to buy 4 very nice things, lots of much cheaper things, and a few things i just raided the house. I then put a note in each explaining so eg a is for apple cos you're the apple of my eye with a birdfeeder that holds an apple, my Dd helped me wrap them and i wrote the appropriate letter on each. Now doing the same for my dad's bday cept it'll be an a-z of memories from my childhood (he's76) and each will have a rhyming couplet in.

Can you tell me other things you added to the A to Z of why I love you, I would love to make something like this but would like some ideas x
  • queenlizard45uk
    Options
    id love to see more hamper pics this year - one of my fav things!
    :wave:
  • casp1997
    casp1997 Posts: 441 Forumite
    Options
    I have done some sweet trees but i dont know how to up load pics
    thans
    cas
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing