my first week.

Options

Comments

• pantherchick
    Options
    Thursday has arrived, been on two night shifts at work and today cant get any sleep, thanks parcel delivery man. although i dont feel that bad, just mouch here on the sofa for awhile. before energy returns.
    Some items sold over night on ebay. not happy as seems to me some items have been won by just the 0.99p bid. i know they all add up but i do feel cheated when this happens. I beginning to see what is selling more at a good interest, then normal every day items.
    Some things didnt sell but ive decided not to re list again for a couple of weeks, re introduce in a different edition. or may be in a job lot if not getting any interest.
    Daughter still wants to do a boot sale or flea market but getting time off work together is becoming hard to find, i could give her all my items but i would like to do a joint day together, a bit of mum and daughter time would be great, laughing and moaning and counting the money. maybe soon....
    Not sure if Dh as put any more cash in our £2 pot, be nice if he told me so i could keep a tag on it. ive noticed he has started his own sealed cash pot, so something is rubbing off.
    Im still waiting of payment from ebay and also another item finishes tomorrow friday, so i wont add my total this week to my signature till friday, what i can say, that extra effort as made a good impression this week. :)
    So im ready to pack and wrap my sold ebay items and send to new owners and tonight, add my next items to my ebay selling list.....happy bidding....
    Always thinking of new ideas and still would like to hear from my friends out there! so drop bye and say hi, id like to hear how you're mission is going....... much love pantherchick.x
  • mavvymoo
    mavvymoo Posts: 2,152 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Debt-free and Proud! Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Hi Pantherchick
    I am glad you are feeling better now.You are doing so well with your efforts :T It is annoying when items finish at 99p.So I only put things up at that price when I know they will take off and sell for much more.Free listing this weekend so put items up for more money.If bidders think you only think they are worth 99p then they wont bid.Stick the same item up for £2.99 you will most likely get a bid :rotfl:
    Daft I know but it works:D

I also have split shifts Friday Saturday Sunday Monday and Tuesday :eek:
    Good job I have scheduled my listings to start tonight.
    Just checked Ebay and something I purchased at a bootsale for £5 is up to £65.89 :eek: Not finishing till Sunday so it may go up :T
    See will we will be millionaires sis :rotfl:

Keep up the good work and very well done on all your achievements.
    Mav x

Debt free and Mortgage free thank you to all for your encouragement and advice
    :j
    Crazy Clothes challenge £300/£48 and 5 months /0 without spending :T

• pantherchick
    Options
    mavvymoo wrote: »
    Hi Pantherchick
    I am glad you are feeling better now.You are doing so well with your efforts :T It is annoying when items finish at 99p.So I only put things up at that price when I know they will take off and sell for much more.Free listing this weekend so put items up for more money.If bidders think you only think they are worth 99p then they wont bid.Stick the same item up for £2.99 you will most likely get a bid :rotfl:
    Daft I know but it works:D

I also have split shifts Friday Saturday Sunday Monday and Tuesday :eek:
    Good job I have scheduled my listings to start tonight.
    Just checked Ebay and something I purchased at a bootsale for £5 is up to £65.89 :eek: Not finishing till Sunday so it may go up :T
    See will we will be millionaires sis :rotfl:

Keep up the good work and very well done on all your achievements.
    Mav x

Hi Mav, just withdrawn £52.00 from ebay to my account. so thats what ive got from my ebay this week, although ive still got a couple of things still not ending till end of friday so they can now go onto the total for next week. infuriates me the 99p rate, so yeah think i will start my bids higher at the week end, im prepaired to get all my items ready for sat morning to enter onto ebay. Not sure next weeks total will be as good as this week, but ive put the effort in...
    welldone to u mav,a carboot item making that much money, wish i could find something as good to resell, what ever it is ur selling keep up the good work.
    off to beddington now. not had much sleep so yawn yawn, dream about making money much love pantherchick xx:j
  • pantherchick
    Options
    its Saturday. ive changed all my change in my pot to notes. big smiley face and put it back into my pot! :) so pleased with myself for carrying on with this challenge. I have relisted some ebay items that haven't sold this week, all my items that have sold are now on their way to new owners! my Dh thought i was mad a few weeks ago. now he's a very happy chappy as im showing him what things are selling.
    He thinks its good now that i have made us this extra money with a little effort. I will carry on after my initial 10 weeks. I want to start the new year hopefully debt free. to feel that good must be amazing. although im not actually debt free because i have the mortgage but i dont consider that a debt but a agreement. i have never ever got behind with the mortgage only the bills. so when my bills are clear i can be a more happy person..... Im considering next year to drop a shift at work a week..... not sure if it will work out in my favour but as long as im happy and can pay my way then why not?
    Im looking at alot of different ways to save money next year, and January can not come quick enough.. i just want to start the new year with lots of different challenges!
    I was looking around my house the other day and thought it needs new plants. to liven it up! so instead of going out to the garden centre, ive got cuttings from any plants i see.... lol. please do not tell my boss, the dentists receptionist, the library or my two mates houses! hehehe! im sure i can tenderly grow these cuttings that jumped into my bag with love.. <3
    Anyway alot of thoughts are rushing through my head about xmas and presents at the minute. trying to cut down on the bill this year, i normally spend far far too much! even on food. so this will be my first year on a budget for everyone. any ideas of xmas is gladly accepted if you want to share with me how you budget. much love pantherchick xx
  • Homemadehappiness
    Options
    Hi Pantherchick - what challenge have you been doing? sorry if its already mentioned in your diary somewhere I just caught your last post :)

I am attempting to christmas on a budget this year! I started christmas shopping around june time, i made a list of everyone i needed to buy for and set a £10 per person (except for my husband and DD) So far im pleased to say I have kept within budget. I get paid weekly so have found buying a couple of gifts a week has worked for me to spread the cost, also used the grabbit boards on here and picked up some bargains, and always look for discount codes :) xx
    Snowballing my way out of debt!
    Catalogue [STRIKE]£1600 [/STRIKE] £1502 - Catalogue 0% [STRIKE]£900[/STRIKE] £860 - CC £2390 - OD £3500 - Family £1050 - Laptop £280.81 - Loan £3485.81 - Wescott £2814.56
    TOTAL OCT 12 £16021.18:eek:
    Member of the Sealed Pot Challenge #1840
  • Scuff
    Scuff Posts: 522 Forumite
    Options
    I was looking around my house the other day and thought it needs new plants. to liven it up! so instead of going out to the garden centre, ive got cuttings from any plants i see.... lol. please do not tell my boss, the dentists receptionist, the library or my two mates houses! hehehe! im sure i can tenderly grow these cuttings that jumped into my bag with love.. <3
    :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    September 2016 GC £21.37/£120
  • pantherchick
    Options
    Hi Homemadehappiness. thanks for dropping bye, im doing the sealed cash pot challenge, and also saving all my £2 coins in another pot. but im on week 7 out of 10 weeks of seeing how much money i can make out of unwanted things, ive sold bits of un wanted furniture and clothes etc, hand bags, etc on ebay... im doing a week by week count up! so the challenge is make as much as i can and put it in my pot, so far so good, some weeks are better than others but im getting there. it just means the extra effort. I love people dropping bye and giving me idea,s. not been doing this for long but i want to carry on after my initial 10wks. Ive learnt i dont need to rush out and buy things i dont really need. ive always been to impulsive buying things. Ive started to get the kids ( all adults now) xmas pressies, ive started with the chocolates, thorntons doing good offer at the minute but from shop named T.... today went to yet another superstore for shopping and they selling 3 for £10 chocolate biscuits and chocolates, so i took some time thinking who can have what, got myself bargin pressies for family. daughters want smellies and ive got great discount at large beauty store so will be using discount card. not sure what dh will be getting this year... maybe me with a ribbon round my spare tyre, lol ho ho ho
  • pantherchick
    Options
    Scuff wrote: »
    :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Hehehehe well you just gotta do it...... :beer:
  • Homemadehappiness
    Options
    Ahh, it sounds like you have done really well :) Im hoping to list some things on ebay once the baby is in bed, i also need to think about going through her toys and maybe getting rid of some to make way for the new ones she will no doubt get for christmas!

I think I will buy a sealed tin and collect £2 coins, I did this previously and it sure adds up :) xxx
    Snowballing my way out of debt!
    Catalogue [STRIKE]£1600 [/STRIKE] £1502 - Catalogue 0% [STRIKE]£900[/STRIKE] £860 - CC £2390 - OD £3500 - Family £1050 - Laptop £280.81 - Loan £3485.81 - Wescott £2814.56
    TOTAL OCT 12 £16021.18:eek:
    Member of the Sealed Pot Challenge #1840
  • pantherchick
    Options
    Ahh, it sounds like you have done really well :) Im hoping to list some things on ebay once the baby is in bed, i also need to think about going through her toys and maybe getting rid of some to make way for the new ones she will no doubt get for christmas!

I think I will buy a sealed tin and collect £2 coins, I did this previously and it sure adds up :) xxx

hi, good for you chick, i think the more you put into it, the more returns you will get. im happy doing my ebaying and my counting of the change into my pot, i empty the change from my purse each day and put it in my pot, also i keep a check on my bank account online, so if i have the odd pence, no matter how much the odd is, i transfer the odd bit into my savings account. it may sound daft but its starting to add up! i showed my Dh yesterday this, so he said hes going to do the same.
    littlet changes make a difference.
    I have a discount at a beauty shop, double discount today so ive been xmas shopping with my friend too, ive earnt myself £16 in loyalty points :j i hated the busy shop, so im going to make it a big effort to start my next years xmas shopping in Jan sales.
    Good luck with your ebay items, hope you get good bids. :rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport