my first week.

i want to say that since joining this site, im really hooked,reading alot of diarys and alot of money making idea's has given me a new lease of life. For the last couple of years i have been paying back my debts, i hid for awhile as i actually thought they would go away! stupid me! now its time to face facts and get rid of these debts that for years have stopped me living my life, sleepless nights and struggling with life. So these last two years i have paid off over £3000 pounds in the debts and now im on my last £800. i know if i carry on paying these monthly payments i will be debt free in the new year! sounds great and i should be happy with that. somehow i still want to get rid of it faster and if i can make some extra money i will and pay more off to theses debts.
So brings me here to this website, for help and advice, small changes to my life, my pocket and my bank account will help towards i guess. I have started a sealed pot! i have started by putting some unwanted things on ebay. and they are collecting payments already, not alot but at least its something. I do believe i have lots of things that i can do, ie dvds and cds to cash in. some bigger furniture i may could get £60 for. im open to any ideas to make some cash. to get me going on my road to success.
When i am free i want to save for a new start, but i know its going to take me at least 36 months to get to the target i want to get to. so onwards and upwards for me! :rotfl:

Comments

• well had a nice day today, had to do some quick last minute food shopping as all the kids decided they were coming to see us this afternoon, so burgers and hot dogs it was! bought all cheaper variety of food from large super market, collected loyalty points too! in a happy mood and made cakes and a large chocolate cake, for next to nothing. which went down a storm. have some change to enter into my sealed pot later, my ebay items have started to sell, so i shall wait till friday to enter this weeks total amount, earnt, not done anything more today! happier frame of mind.
  • Hey :wave:

Thought i'd pop and say hellp and good luck with you mission x
    emergency fund:£179/ £1000 Uniform/car fund:£
    boys savings £
    Christmas £60 bday £40 holiday £

Family loan £7000/£5425
    Credit Card 0% £2015.32 eon £435 overdrafts £1500/£1300
  • Hey :wave:

Thought i'd pop and say hellp and good luck with you mission x
    Thanks Hannahroberts. its a on going battle but i think if we are determined we will all succeed.:) xx
  • Bank Holiday and cant afford to go anywhere, hubby at work :(
    so ive thrown some change into spc. :) and ive been wrapping some ebay things up ready for posting tomorrow.
    Have put two items on Gumtree today could get a maximum of £70 if both sell. offerd a fb friend a old laptop for £30 so waiting to here from him now. hoping all tree sell and im a happier chick!
    Start a new job tomorrow, need to get stuck back into work, extra shifts etc. recently left my job. so my fault for leaving, made me more concious over money. not affraid of hard work.
  • Hi Evevyone!
    Really pleased with myself, week one over and with that bit of effort, i have collected £88. my first weeks earnings in the challenge myself. So now im looking for the second week, still have some things to hunt out and put on Ebay. couple of furniture items to sell. and my little sealed cash pot, to keep adding too! still interested in other peoples thoughts on reaping rewards and how you do it. im challenging myself to find the spending money for my holiday in Nov, so ten weeks sounds along time but not that long really.
    I started a new job too yesterday, extra shifts will soon come along yet i need to find out what shifts im on first, before picking up extra. but i will, not affraid of hard work me :)
    i like to write in my diary to say i can see it can be done! with that extra bit of effort, i will succeed. have a great day ! xx
  • Hi patherchick :wave:

Just stopping to say hi and say well done so far! You're doing really well in becoming debt free, and you're staying really positive! Good on you!! :D

Hope all goes well for you in your new job :)

...subscribing... :D
    Wealth is what you're left with when all your money runs out
  • Hi patherchick :wave:

Just stopping to say hi and say well done so far! You're doing really well in becoming debt free, and you're staying really positive! Good on you!! :D

Hope all goes well for you in your new job :)

...subscribing... :D
    Hi, thanks for the positive feed back:rotfl:I feel alot more incontrol of my money since tightening my belt. there is money out there and lurking in the depts of the spare bedroom. lol. little by little i want to get that devil debt off my back, it gives me sleepless nights and im happy to see them come down in size on a monthly basis. i want to live comfortable not struggle. so im determined now. have a great day xxx
  • Brilliant! Stick at it and you will get there, probably sooner than you think!

Post an SOA (Statement Of Affairs) and we can have a look to see if there's anywhere else you can save a few pounds :)
    Wealth is what you're left with when all your money runs out
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,255 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Just over 10% of your debt paid off already~well done you :)
    So nearly onbe of the lwl debts paid off already :)
    You will get there sooner than you think.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Saturday... really had a nice day today! have sold the old double bed that was just doing nothing but collecting dust, £30 for my cash pot for week 2. re listed 3 items on ebay but really must push myself sun and monday to get the rest on, ive found items out so must get on with it. they wont list themselves will they. went supermarket shopping and didnt take a list, bought loads of stuff we shouldnt have, although only came to £38 will need to shop again befor the week end. must look into a shopping list and a menu plan for next time.
    Nice to see my son today, not so nice when he told me hes going to afghanistan again with the army. :( i was depressed last time, so im going to need some thing to keep me occupied this time around. any way its lovely reading everyones mail and incouragments. will up date my wk2 progress on thursday. have a great week my buddies xx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure