squ1rrel5 Posts: 783 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Amazing - congrats Trina and MrsJ28!!!! xxx
  • TeamLowe
    TeamLowe Posts: 2,406 Forumite
    Options
    congratulations ladies x x x

thanks for your kind words ladies, had a chat with DH who have me the best pma reason ever- he married me to spend time with me, not for children and the longer this takes the more time we have :) actually made himself cry being so sweet :)

house party was great, so good to catch up with old friends :) really jealous of their house though, it's exactly what I would want! so another bit of pma- more time to save up to get my dream house x x
    Little Lowe born January 2014 at 36+6

Completed on house September 2013

Got Married April 2011
  • littleme82
    littleme82 Posts: 363 Forumite
    Options
    Hello everyone and big congratulations to all the BFPs!!!!

Well I tested yesterday morning on CD29 and it was a BFN. I have no idea what my cycle length is so going to get some IC and test again in a few days time. Guess will just carry on until a + or AF. We have been BD every other day from CD1 and most days on holiday :)

Hugs for all that needs it xxxx
  • mrsj28
    mrsj28 Posts: 1,287 Forumite
    Options
    TeamLowe wrote: »
    congratulations ladies x x x

thanks for your kind words ladies, had a chat with DH who have me the best pma reason ever- he married me to spend time with me, not for children and the longer this takes the more time we have :) actually made himself cry being so sweet :)

house party was great, so good to catch up with old friends :) really jealous of their house though, it's exactly what I would want! so another bit of pma- more time to save up to get my dream house x x

That is so lovely... I remember when we got married we said that we had to be 'enough' for each other and that if it was only ever going to be me and DH, it would be perfect... and I still hold to that, even though we desperately want to have a baby (and firmly crossing everything this one works out) if it is only ever just the two of us, I know we'll be ok.

(That said, I'm still rooting for TeamLowe to have a new addition to the Team, and crossing everything for a BFP soon)
  • mrsj28
    mrsj28 Posts: 1,287 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for all the congratulations ladies :o It feels very different this time, can't get nearly as excited but I'm really really happy and hopeful all will work out ok.

I heard a really lovely quote the other day which made me think of our ttc journeys:

We are so often caught up in our destination that we forget to appreciate the journey, especially the goodness of the people we meet on the way. Appreciation is a wonderful feeling, don't overlook it.

And it made me think that if it hadn't taken a little while to get pregnant, I'd never have 'met' all you lovely ladies, and how much I appreciate you all and all the support on here... not to mention all the giggles we have...

Anyway, thanks again for all the support and congratulations. I'm going to lurk around here for a while as I don't feel ready to go to the less than 12 weeks thread just yet, hope that's ok :o
  • Elsie37
    Elsie37 Posts: 233 Forumite
    Options
    MrsJ and Trina- big congratulations!!

Im finding it so hard not to symptom spot- honestly would rather be at work today so I cant think about it!
  • claire16c
    claire16c Posts: 7,074 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    mrsj28 wrote: »
    AFM - I'm 13DPO this morning and when I got out DH was out the house so I thought I'd do a sneaky test (I promised I'd wait until AF was late...) and it looks like it's a BFP! I got a tlp on an internet cheapie so popped out to the shop for a digi (£11 :eek: not very :money:) and it says 1-2 weeks. I'm obviously really pleased about it but at the same time totally terrified in case it's not a sticky one. Now waiting for DH to come back so I can tell him....
    mrsj28 wrote: »
    MV - I think I ov'd on CD23 and we BD'd on CD20,21 and 22 so I think one of those did the trick. I had a +ve opk on CD22 and 23.

ETA - we did BD at other times too! But I think those were the ones that 'mattered' lol! Don't tell my DH the other ones didn't matter....!!!

Wow congratulations!!

And to think at one point weren't you going to wait until around Dec to try again??

Yay that you didnt!:T
    Gemmzie wrote: »
    Congrats on the BFPs! Definitely getting myself a CB because I'm really struggling with the leaving it 20 minutes and checking after 10 with the cheap OPKs. Good news is the doctor said I can get referred in the new year if I'm not ovulating by then so just have to be patient.

I dont bother with the 20 min wait anymore. Just stick the stick in straight away, I found it doesnt make any difference to the results. So only 10 mins to wait. Although, having said that, its normally around a 2 min wait because if I get a positive it normally comes up within 1-2 mins. If its negative then I stare at it for ten mins but really I know if its not dark enough after 2 then its not going to be after 10 :)
  • atton83
    atton83 Posts: 604 Forumite
    Options
    massive congrats trina and Mrsj!!!!! :j:j:j:j:j:j:j:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Todays anniversary so far has consisted of church at 8am eek, coffee with his dad who i call dad, visiting ohs moms grave as i knew her for a year before she left us and i was in tears over her i miss her so much. ;(

We were going to be be getting married today and it would have been perfect weather for it hey ho i am so looking forward to three weeks time im so excited i could wee a little lmao :eek::eek::eek::eek:

So now i am curled up on the sofa with a cat and i am emailing companys for my assignment which is due next Sunday :eek::eek::eek::eek: asking about the recession and how it has affected their business as a whole , and oh is on call of duty eugh

i am due on tomorrow and i smell v cummy very strange :eek::eek::eek::eek: and v tmi sorry

postitive vibes to all those that need it
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • angeltreats
    angeltreats Posts: 2,286 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Mrsj28 - huge congrats to you! Hope it is sticky :D

Trina - I knew it :D I was so sure I saw a line yesterday. Love your photo! I can't wait till the day I need to buy a digi and it shows up the magic "P" word.

Can someone please explain to me about using OPKs - I had no idea you were meant to wait 20 minutes before using them? I have the cheapy sticks from ebay and have just been using them the way you'd use a pregnancy test - dipping them in wee and waiting to see if two lines appear :rotfl: Yesterday there was only the control line, no sign of any test line at all. Today there was a test line but it was very faint. I know it has to be as dark as the control line for it to count but have I done it wrong by not waiting 20 minutes before using the wee??
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure