SCS carpet problem

Options
13»

Comments

• unholyangel
    unholyangel Posts: 16,863 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I realise you're miffed, but spamming our forums isn't going to achieve anything.

If you'd like help with your issue then please start a new thread and include all necessary and relevant information (if you read the stickies, one gives you a guide to what information helps).
    You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means - Inigo Montoya, The Princess Bride
  • We ordered carpets from SCS that were fitted at the end of April 2013. Within a month they had pulled away from the wall, frayed at the edges and lifting up in all the rooms and SCS stated they needed to be restrectched. After this was done by the same carpet fitter, the same issue happened again in June/July. The carpet fitter again attended our house but said these could not be re stretched as there was an issue with the carpet which needed to be dealt with by SCS. Following this site visit 7 representatives from SCS have attended our house all promising to help up fix the solution but as soon as they leave we hear nothing for weeks until I go to the store directly. One manger said we could have new carpets then subsequently left without passing over our case. The case had to be practically started from scratch and a new area manager visited the house.

We have had a site survey from the carpet manufacturers who have confirmed its not a carpet error but a fitter error, again SCS were meant to feed this information back to us but failed to do so until we went into the store again to raise another complaint.

Having spoken with them after they know the problem spans the whole house, they confirmed that the fitter has been contacted to look at the problem areas in the lounge and HS&Landing. I am having to restress that the issue is all over the house and they should know this as they have visited our property on many occasions.

I am now still waiting to hear from the store manager who i have chased daily for about 2 weeks to get an answer as to what is next.

SCS have terrible customer service, and do not seem to care that we have taken many days holiday so they can do these site visits that have lead nowhere!
  • Stammers
    Stammers Posts: 16 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hello Waldroam,

Thank you for your enquiry.

I am just checking with the Carpet department on this to ensure I get the correct answer for you. I will reply as soon as I have it.

Many thanks,

Kate, The ScS Online Team

Hi Kate, I'd be I interested to know how SCS can explain the appalling service I've received at the Lakeside branch. To summarise and missing out a few bits it goes as follows.....

Ordered a carpet in September along with sofas so got the "free carpet" deal......onlymy room was too big so had to pay more, PLUS underlay, grippers etc. Ok, so I accept all that. Anyway I could not decide in Store between two shades so asked to see samples brought by the surveyor, then I'd make my decision when I saw them in the actual room. (Bear in mind I've also had to go to the store as well as several calls as the sales chap couldn't add up and had undercharged me)

Surveyor comes out, I choose the carpet. Fitting date sorted. Day comes carpet half laid when I go to check and ITS THE WRONG ONE. Ring up STRAIGHT away. Told would ring back. They ring, admit to an admin error new one will be sorted. When it's fully laid there's also faults/gaps in it where there has not been enough weave. Three weeks later STILL nothing. I ring. Chap has gone on holiday and not even ordered it! I can keep the current if I want....errrr no! Told It's ordered. Fitting date for 17th December. Week before I'm told this is not possible. Manufacturers have closed for Xmas so earliest date is 9th February! I ring on 6th February and am told all good. Get a call on the 8th. NO CARPET IN! They say they'll ring the next day. They ring and say discontinued. Nothing they can do. Go to store, where they then try ringing round to see if can get anywhere( surely this should have already been done). After I say I'm very upset I'm told to "get it in Perspective as it's only a big rug". I choose another and go home. They call and say the one I've picked is too expensive and I'll have to pay more money! Or they'll rip up the one that is down and give a refund.
    I have spoken to the manager who is "prepared " to send out a surveyor to look at the faults in the current one and bring some samples...... This being MY SUGGESTION at a possible solution. I am going to issue legal proceedings against the store as currently I have the wrong carpet, which is also faulty with gaps and they want more money from me to get a new one!! Surely I deserve more than all this.

I will NEVER use SCS again or recommend them. I am so upset. It is on-going. Customer services wont deal with it as it is a store issue. I've no where to go or complain to and the store just dont give a damn.
  • georgia2015
    Options
    Dealing with SCS Croydon Purley at the moment, they are the rudest sales people that I have encountered in my life! I have had problem after problem with this store, after nearly three months i am still waiting for the final part of the carpet to be fitted.

Do not expect any customer services from these people. They never call you back, they talk over you and put the phone down on you if you start complaining! My family and I have been living in a mess for the past three months as either the carpet fitters don't turn up and call you at the last minute to cancel or the carpet is not in stock so you have to wait few weeks and the latest was that the carpet ordered was too short! OR and another thing, nothing is logged on their computer apart from the basics, even communication between them is zero!

I have gone with 0% finance program, if not i would have cancelled the whole thing!

AVOID, AVOID, AVOID!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport