PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

September 2012 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• gettingready
    gettingready Posts: 11,330 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Thanks... I need a wahing liquid for the w/m, I seen Bold in Asda for £4.00 (the bigger one, 24 washes) - Bold 2in1 is what I normally use.

I also need shamppo/conditioner (separate, bleached hair, need a separate conditioner), normally get them in £ shop but need 2 of each for a month as wash my hair every 2 days = so that is £4.00 at £1.00 per bottle each. Need bathroom cleaner so another £1.00. Black bags £1.00So that is a TENNER gone already :eek::eek::eek:
  • biscuitmad
    biscuitmad Posts: 843 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi All

Can i join for this month please, with a budget of 250pounds.

Should be able to do it for less as have massively stocked cupboards and freezers. But need to stop buying whoopsies! :o

Thanks.
  • biscuitmad
    Options
    Thanks... I need a wahing liquid for the w/m, I seen Bold in Asda for £4.00 (the bigger one, 24 washes) - Bold 2in1 is what I normally use.

I also need shamppo/conditioner (separate, bleached hair, need a separate conditioner), normally get them in £ shop but need 2 of each for a month as wash my hair every 2 days = so that is £4.00 at £1.00 per bottle each. Need bathroom cleaner so another £1.00. Black bags £1.00So that is a TENNER gone already :eek::eek::eek:

Have you looked on the coupon thread? Supersavvyme has coupons for bold.

HTH
  • gettingready
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Thanks but Can not use coupons for home delivery and Asda's prioce for a big one is the same as Tesco's for a small one so....
  • biscuitmad
    Options
    Thanks but Can not use coupons for home delivery and Asda's prioce for a big one is the same as Tesco's for a small one so....

Give the coupons to the delivery driver then they get credited to your account. :D
  • gettingready
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    oooooooooooooooooo - never knew that wohooooooooooooooo

last time I tried to print those - they refused me as had them before though.. will see.. thanks.. never ever knew that :)
  • Bluegreen143
    Bluegreen143 Posts: 3,056 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Still on August thread until the 31st, but just popping on to discuss budget for September. Should come in under for August, think OH is owed £12 for one rubbish he bought but that still leaves enough for milk if needed :D

My budget was £230 for a four weekend month. Sept has five weekends but we're on holiday for a week (separate budget), so I have no idea where to set the budget. Still want to continue slowly reducing, but it is getting harder to stick within budget and yet also a) maintain buying lots of fresh fruit & veg b) mostly buy ethical meat and c) keep OH happy! None of these considerations are really negotiable, but I'm sure that there's still more I can do by reducing waste etc. Fingers crossed!

I'm thinking maybe a budget of £175 in Sept, which I'll then increase in Oct after my holiday. Almost resenting my holiday as its making my GC complicated lol!
    Part time working mum | Married in 2014 | DS born 2015 & DD born 2018 | Allegedly attempting to be mortgage free - diary here
  • missmucksmum
    Options
    A NS day today :) cooked a chicken in the slow cooker and have done a chicken dinner from it, sweet and sour chicken, chicken tikka massala from a tezco half price 2kg chicken £4 (current offer) also had 2 x value mince 800g each (just need to drain the fat off after you dry fry but not down the plug, husband enjoyed cleaning out the u bend thing ha ha) with the mince ive made mince stew and dumplings, bolognaise, chilli con carne, and shepherds pie all in the freezer :) so 7 meals for 4 made from £8.80 of meat really impressed with myself x
    January Grocery Challenge £203.50/£200 :)
    13NSD
    February Grocery Challenge £59.20/£200
  • Allypops
    Allypops Posts: 244 Forumite
    edited 27 August 2012 at 9:54PM
    Options
    Not such a good start :( With kids off pester power has led to ice cream fenzy, a small shop in W8-flower ended up not so small and a lack of planning, due in part to feeling under the weather,has led to a takeaway today. So damage so far is £78 /350
    I am off now to do what I should have done earlier - write a meal plan ;)
    Allypops
    Married with 2 children
    SPC5 # 1837- -
    DMP started April 2011 34.5% paid [STRIKE]£78800[/STRIKE]
    DFD: June 2019 DFW Long hauler #286
  • stokegal
    stokegal Posts: 935 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi All

Can I please join - I have meal planned for all of September and am hoping to spend no more than £40 - Tough challenge but I have bulging cupboards and freezers and have already done some batch baking today

Stokegal
    LBM - Oct 2020 - £37500
    Currently - £8409
    77% cleared!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business