Anyone heard of Kitchen Arts

Options

Comments

• LadyBetty
    Options
    cry1969 wrote: »
    Now i wish i never order my microwave i have pay it by bank transfer.... and still not received my order. Ive email them couple of times and they said will delivered monday, yetersday and still nothing.... then saw all this comment.... can anyone help how to get my money back from them? I have request them to refunds back to me .... thanks.

I too have been a mug and ordered from them before reading this thread. I have emailed and asked for a refund but they are now sending out automated responses which I don't expect will be followed up. So angry at myself, I can't afford to lose money like this! Surely the HSBC bank should be investigating the account that the money goes into?:mad:
  • fatty_girl
    fatty_girl Posts: 3 Newbie
    edited 7 March 2013 at 1:48PM
    Options
    I ordered a panini toaster from kitchen arts. They came up the cheapest on compare prices. I did wonder why it didnt allow me to pay via paypal.theyrequested payment via bank transfer which i stupidly did and they sent me a thank you confirmation. Its been over a week now and i have not recieved anything. Anyway now i have got suspicious and realise from this forum that they are a scam. But how do i claim my money back?
  • MattF2013
    Options
    Order a Morphy Richards Accents kettle from these guys and stupidly paid by direct bank transfer despite thinking to myself "that's a bit weird"

Emailed to ask where it was to get two conflicting emails saying it HAD already been shipped, and WAS going to be shipped today.

Emailed them today telling them that I was going to report them to Action Fraud if a full refund was not made. I don't hold out much hope.

Has anyone who paid by direct transfer managed to get a refund?
  • MattF2013
    Options
    According to WhoIs the website is registered to

Energy Enterprise Solutions
    12a Blueberry
    Concorde, Concord
    VT
    United States

Looking at their website they seem to be a legitimate company - but with nothing at all to do with kitchen equipment
  • frogette12
    Options
    I paid by bank transfer too and got a full refund this morning. Not sure if mentioning this site as well as legal action in my e-mail helped...

Here is the last e-mail I got from them.

I have refunded you, I enclose a copy of transfer for your records,
    you should see the funds in your account within 2 hours or less.

I'd like to add, no customer of this business has ever been cheated,
    and nobody has ever been denied a refund. We usually make refunds
    within a hour of so of being requested to do so.

When your parcel arrives I'd ask that you simply refuse it and ask the
    postman to return to sender.

Sincerely,

Michael

Kitchen Arts UK
  • fatty_girl
    Options
    Well they wont get away with it too long. Lets learn from this stupidity hey of online shopping! I know i will
  • frogette12
    Options
    spkonissis wrote: »
    Hi, I was just wondering how they refunded you.
    Did you have to give them you your bank account details? I would not be happy to give anyone those details, I don't know if they would already have them from when I sent them the money via electronic bank transfer? I asked them to refund my paypal account, but as I haven't heard anything from them in over 24 hours, I don't hold much hope.:(
    Glad to hear that someone got refunded!
    1. did they give a reason for not sending you your item?
    2. how long did it take them to refund you after you asked?
    Please give me some more details regarding how exactly you got your money back and how long it took, maybe we can all do it!:j
    Many thanks!

Hi,

Yes, I have given them account number and sort code. If you think about it, these details are on every cheques you have ever written so I'm assuming it's ok.

I just e-mailed them last night and ask for a refund. Mentioned this site and legal action. Got a polite e-mail back this morning saying that they'd agreed to refund me quickly followed by a "how dare you threaten us with legal action ?" one.... I ignored the second e-mail and the money was back in my account within 5 minutes.

I was never given a reason why they didn't send the item.

Hope this helps and hope you get your money back too. Let me know how you get on.
  • rogersb
    rogersb Posts: 20 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I ordered a coffee machine from them and paid by PayPal. I chased them for delivery details and got a reply confirming the machine had been sent that day. I then ordered some coffee pods from Nespresso.

I then got an email from Thomas Valentine saying that the order had been cancelled due to circumstances beyond his control, and so far they have ignored all my emails. So I now have 50 GBP of pods I cannot use!

To add insult to injury, the coffee machine is still advertised on their site, but for 20GBP more!

Has anyone reported these cowboys to Trading Standards? I want to, I think they are in breach of contract and I have suffered loss as a result.

Any advice would be gratefully received!
  • Higginsl
    Options
    Hello all, yes I'm another numpty, who thought I was getting a bargain from a wee local company. Or did I just tell myself that to make me feel better about putting in my bank details. Doh! Doh! Doh! What was I thinking, I'm not exactly new to this Internet shopping malarkey! Even credit cards are a better bet. At least it was just a wee toaster....I have had 3 emails from the company, from Ellen confirming my order and Michael assuring my the toaster would be with me in a couple of days......and yet I remain toastless......

I sent emails to both today and got automated responses from both...but I agree it is very strange if they are dodgy, why have they issued some refunds? Makes no sense? I mentioned this thread to them also, so maybe that has had some effect on them? In terms of them answering emails anyway......I have asked for details of when my order was despatched and by which method, and if it has not been despatched have requested a refund. I shall update if I ever hear anything.....Hard. Lesson. Learned.
  • rogersb
    rogersb Posts: 20 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    spkonissis wrote: »
    Hi, I'm afraid to say that one upped you as we'll!
    I not only bought the 50 pods, but I even bought a couple of thermal mugs to carry my non existent coffee with me when I go out. I also bought a rather expensive pod holder to put all my lovely pods neatly next to my lovely non existent coffee machine!
    Finally to top all this, I have been saving birthday money and Xmas money for almost a year to buy all this and I'm disabled and on benefits!!!! So I can well afford to throw away nearly £100!
    Seriously though, all this has has depressed the crap out of me, especially knowing its all my fault! Because of my disability I have been glued to the Internet for the past 15 years and up until now, I have resisted the urge to get ripped off and throw money away! Up until now! What a mess! If they were legitimate, they would have answered at least one email of all these people that haven't heard from them on this forum! Even if it is just to say, sorry, we are looking into this! No, I thin they are refunding the odd order (not the big ones lie mine) , just so that this too can get reported on the forum, to give the rest of us false hope and put doubt in the mind of potential marks!

I should point out that I did get a refund from them, but am still out of pocket due to Nespresso pods being non-returnable.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure