Anyone heard of Kitchen Arts

Options

Comments

• Abitai
    Options
    rudenotto wrote: »
    Can you guys please stop arguing with each other on here. If you wish to do it, please PM each other.

There's lots of us on here who have been scammed and wish to seek info/advice on how to proceed. It's annoying to read such posts which are not informative to the rest of us. Be nice and helpful to each other, that is the purpose of this forum.

Thanks.
    Cannot agree more.
  • crystalpulse
    Options
    Ah they got me! I never fall for this crap but got me hook line and sinker!
    Paid with my bank, contacting and reporting to police now, will update if bank refunds me, doubtful!
  • The_rev
    The_rev Posts: 5 Forumite
    Options
    Add me to the growing list of those scammed by this company - and do I feel stooooopid :mad:

I'm usually on the ball, but a combination of trusting Google Shopping and the ease of the transaction lulled me in to a false sense of security. £25 quid out of pocket for a coffee machine that probably doesn't exist.

I feel sorry for those who've lost a lot more.

Just emailed Bob/Wham with the CR details.

Good luck to him in chasing this up.
  • East-ender
    Options
    I'm another dupe. I ordered a coffee machine on 7th March. The only payment option was by bank transfer, which should have rang alarms, and instead I still continued with placing the order for £79.99 thinking Kitchen Arts was a small company trying to keep costs down by not taking payment by credit card.
    No acknowledgment of payment was ever received. I stupidly waited for 7 working days for delivery to come through and instead nothing! Now the website is down and e-mails are bouncing back!
    What do I do? How do I get my money back? Does anyone have any other contact details for these fraudsters?
  • Conned_by_KA
    Options
    Its a scam that sucked in hundreds so you're not alone. Report it to action fraud and let Bob AKA whambamthankyoumam know your crime number.

Anyone have any thoughts on attacking HSBC from twitter? If enough of us tweet there uk press office twitter account with the same carefully crafted tweet we may also get a response.

Thoughts?
  • mrsdumplin
    mrsdumplin Posts: 131 Forumite
    Options
    Got me as well...

I ordered two items, one by paypal for which I got an almost immediate refund with a note saying sorry it didnt work out, couldnt deliver in time quoted, so I thank them for that but the second Item was by bank transfer only :( and they havent refunded the £34.49 :(

Have reported it to Action Fraud and will contact the Bank in the morning.

Its just not right.....
    MrsD
    Money is the root of all evil! :eek:Give me yours and save yourself!!
  • Alinadley
    Alinadley Posts: 4 Newbie
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 19 March 2013 at 12:41AM
    Options
    Oh well no news and nothing has changed! Bought a cheap toaster now which is actually the dearest one ive ever bought!! Find it absolutely crazy that this has gone on for so long,should have been stopped months ago. Unfortunately these people will probably start again soon under a new guise, but what goes around comes around and i hope you get yours soon!! & i dont mean a toaster!!
  • kerfya59
    Options
    Is it possible for someone who knows how to set up a poll or vote to get some sort of total for losses? It could be as simple as, how much have you lost 0-50, 50-100, 100-150 etc.?

I know it would not be totally accurate, but might give an idea if details sent on to others... would at least put an indicative figure out there

Just a thought
  • pmduk
    pmduk Posts: 10,655 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    If anybody learns anything out of this fiasco, it is that you shouldn't buy goods where payment is by bank transfer. If a company can't accept cards, there's almost always a damn good reason for it.
  • ML15TH
    ML15TH Posts: 9 Forumite
    Options
    I had a double problem with Kitchen Arts, first transaction was refunded but I recommended them to 2 friends and one bought an expensive coffee machine and had been stung also.

My husband is an ex police office with CID, he talked to some people in the fraud department and they admitted that this is low priority and really they don't even treat it as a real crime, reasons they gave for this attitude are:

1/ buyers who paid by bank transfer did so willingly, there was no actual scam involved in the payment stage.

2/ they know who the trader is, they know his address etc and they say that because he used his own name and ran the business for over a year before this happened, they doubt that if they arrested and charged him that it would ever make it to court.

3/ they said that they could not really investigate yet anyway, they have to allow 28 days for delivery and then another 28 days for a refund before they could even say if anyone has actually lost money.

4/ the police don't really consider this to be real crime anyway and resent having to get involved, they admitted that just because you get a crime reference number does not mean that a case will ever even be investigated at all.

Lastly, and this is unbelievable, they said that they will watch out for any future activities of this trader and if the same thing happens again they may be able to act. They said they thought it strange that the website was in business for a year and only went wrong in Feb, where as a typical scam website would get the Xmas sales and then use the Xmas post as an excuse. They said that luxury kitchen items do not fit the "MO" of a fraud site as it would usually be electronics or games, all this makes it not worth the effort to investigate.

Regarding the bank, I was angry with HSBC and I went and talked to my local branch, they said they cannot get involved because there was no fraud at the payment t stage.. They then reminded me that the reason they issue debit cards is so that you can pay safely and claim a refund for non delivery.

In the end I have to admit I was stupid, it's a bitter pill to swallow but I have to eat humble pie on this occasion and chalk it up as a lesson learned. Perhaps it'll prevent me from being scammed so easily in the future.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure