Premier Inn complaint - direct number/email

Options
Hello. Can anybody help. I recently stayed at a Premier Inn and did not get "good nights sleep" as issues with the room. I discussed this with reception staff the following morning who just said "oh dear - that is a shame". I also handed in a feedback card. I got home and sent an email with further details. I have now sent 2 further emails and have not had any response. I rang the general number on the website and seem to end up waiting for ages. Does anybody know of specific email address to escalate complaint or direct number.

I am disappointed as frequently stay with Premier Inn and have always been impressed with service, never had any cause to complain before - but I thought Iwould have heard back from them by now. thanks

Comments

• McKneff
    McKneff Posts: 38,830 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    How recent ?

What made you not have a good night's sleep
    make the most of it, we are only here for the weekend.
    and we will never, ever return.
  • thanks for response. Really noisy. In rrom with children so couldnt leave them to go down to reception (one was managing to sleep - other wasnt). No phone in room and to top it off hadnt brought charger for mobile so that was flat.

Brought it to receptionist attention in morning and wasnt interested. Loads of people in waiting area and couldnt be bothered to get into long discussion about it as needed to get away for appointment with children.

Got home and felt frustrated at response so emailed that day. Have since sent few emails and not had single response - this was only just over a week ago. Have phoned and kept hanging so long - not impressed.

Always praised premier inn "you know what you are getting" - consistent standard and never needed to complain before. Very surprise that customer service dont reply to emails.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,096 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Not at all relevant but do you usually get phones in a Premier Inn room? I've not stayed in one but I always assumed they would be like a travelodge?

I'm sure eventually they will refund you the price of the room as it is their guarantee.
  • mynameistallulah
    Options
    goater78 wrote: »
    Not at all relevant but do you usually get phones in a Premier Inn room? I've not stayed in one but I always assumed they would be like a travelodge?

I'm sure eventually they will refund you the price of the room as it is their guarantee.

Yes, you do - I thought they were standard but perhaps the OP was at an older one?

OP, whereas they used to allow refunds for pretty much anything, there is now an expectation that you will let them know of the problem at the time, not when it has gone away. Would it really have been impossible to leave the children for a few minutes?
  • balmk
    balmk Posts: 624 Forumite
    Options
    Would it really have been impossible to leave the children for a few minutes?

Really? Yes, it would have been wholly inappropriate to leave the children in the room.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,096 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    balmk wrote: »
    Really? Yes, it would have been wholly inappropriate to leave the children in the room.

surely it depends on the age of the children. If they are 11+ I would think they could be left alone for 5 minutes.
  • McKneff
    McKneff Posts: 38,830 Forumite
    Options
    I'd give it another week to be honest, if they havent responded by then, I would write to them, dont email, they could be lost in cyberspace to be honest.

Do you mean the traffic was noisy or the guests were noisy.
    We stayed in PI in Manchester (with a phone lol) right on a very very busy main road, didnt hear a thing during the day and only a low buzz during the night. The triple glazing worked excellently. Cant recommend PI enough to be honest.
    make the most of it, we are only here for the weekend.
    and we will never, ever return.
  • mynameistallulah
    Options
    goater78 wrote: »
    surely it depends on the age of the children. If they are 11+ I would think they could be left alone for 5 minutes.

I agree, and even with younger children, I don't see the issue with leaving them for a matter of minutes. After all, no one sits with their children all night ... ;)
  • hello - thanks for responses. I have just phoned them actually and been given a direct number to ring tomorrow. The person I spoke to was very surprised I had not had response to my emails.

With regard to phone - I generally find phones in Premier Inns rooms - mainly to ring down to reception I think?

With regard to leaving children in room - yes they are young children (if they were teens I would tell them where I was going and ensure they were ok with that) - but surprised that some have said no issue with leaving children in room. We were three floors up in a very busy city centre hotel. I would have had to wait for lift or go down stairs and then spend however long it took to discuss issue with staff member - I never leave children on own in hotel room and am pretty shocked that people think ok - especially given recent history of tragic outcome when a child was left in a room unattended on holiday.
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Options
    What was the actual complaint about though, you say it was noisy but in terms of what ? Other customers getting jiggy, outside traffic eg cars etc, the lifts.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure