New Lloyds Vantage current account

Options

Comments

• missile
    missile Posts: 11,691 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 8 October 2012 at 8:03AM
    Options
    Thanks to you all for all your helpful tips. I have just opened up new Tesco internet saver accounts and set up the requisite direct debits to my 3 Vantage accounts so that I can qualify for the 4% interest rate. Do I now need to pass the new Tesco savings account numbers and sort code details onto Lloyds TSB to activate the direct debits correctly? I'm new to all this so please excuse what might appear to be a numpty question! Thanks

You set the DDs up online via your Tesco account. Instructions have been posted earlier on this thread.

It is not too difficult, but if you struggle, I suggest you phone Tesco help to talk you through whilst you are online.
    "A nation's greatness is measured by how it treats its weakest members." ~ Mahatma Gandhi
    Ride hard or stay home :iloveyou:
  • WRabbit
    WRabbit Posts: 84 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    missile wrote: »
    Please note: I was not critiscising your post No 691, just commenting that IMHO going into a branch may not be the best option. I can't understand why it took over 30 minutes to open one account by phone for you. Maybe you were unfortunate to get an inexperienced operator?

I opened one online. despite ticking the 'I don't want a debit card box' I was sent one.

So I opened the next two over the phone and was 30 minutes each time. you have to go through a heavily scripted 'fact find' so they can sell you the appropriate account even if you know exactly what you want. Apparently their systems only allow one account to be opened per day, not even per call.
  • Steve_xx
    Steve_xx Posts: 6,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    WRabbit wrote: »
    I opened one online. despite ticking the 'I don't want a debit card box' I was sent one.

That seems to be the norm for Lloyds to send a debit card even if you request them no to.
  • missile
    Options

So I opened the next two over the phone and was 30 minutes each time. you have to go through a heavily scripted 'fact find' so they can sell you the appropriate account even if you know exactly what you want. Apparently their systems only allow one account to be opened per day, not even per call.

I have a drawer full of cheque books and debit cards. :rotfl:

Thanks for the info. Opening the accounts on line avoids that BS. :T
    "A nation's greatness is measured by how it treats its weakest members." ~ Mahatma Gandhi
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,045 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options

I've just online and opened a second Classic account and the option box said to tick if I wanted a debit card! I suppose it's easy to mistake as the other two boxes underneath require a tick to confirm things.

Done and dusted in under 5 minutes - first one took about half an hour with all the questions (yep, a set script to check if the product was correct for me).

As I understand things from here I can now open another Tesco Online Saver too? That just means finding something else for the second DD.

:)
  • premierfella
    Options
    I've given up on them. I already had Vantage and upgraded on the 12th of September. I have shedloads of D.D.s and an uncomfortably high balance during September due to dividends and bonds maturing awaiting the results of my pontification on what to put where. My interest paid on the second of October was £9-08, the lowest amount I've received this year even on the 3% regime ! When I queried it on Friday I was told to wait until the November payout to see if it would correct itself. :mad:
    I have written dated confirmation from the branch where I upgraded on 12/09/12 that I had upgraded. They were unsure at the time as to how to do it but after a lot of ffaffing about, they were sure that it had been done and gave me a letter to authenticate it together with a promise to call me the following day, "If there were any problems". There was no 'phone call so somewhat irrationally I assumed that there were no problems.
    IMO it's been nothing but a contender for a golden rose of Montreaux comedy award since its inception.
    I'm off over to the Budget and Current Accounts Forum, surely there's life after Lloyds.
    steady__eddie

I posted last week my failure to get a telephone operator to look into why I was not getting the 4% rate on my 3 Vantage accounts (my situation sounds very similar to yours). I was advised that I had to go to a branch to sort out the interest.

I decided I didn't want to waste further time doing that and went straight to making a formal complaint using the online form. I got a letter on Saturday with apologies, confirming that my accounts had not been upgraded correctly (the telephone operator said they had been) and giving me £25 towards interest and compensation (in reality I think the £25 only just covers the missing interest, but since that was all I really wanted in addition to confirmation that they had sorted the issue, I'm more than happy with the result).
  • missile
    Options
    Gers wrote: »
    As I understand things from here I can now open another Tesco Online Saver too? That just means finding something else for the second DD.

I opened two Tesco Internet Savers and arranged a direct debit to both from each of my 4% Vantage accounts.
  • savetilibleed
    Options
    Gers wrote: »
    I opened one Tesco Instant Access and got internet access, then later opened a Tesco Internet Saver. Ought to have done it the other way around really I suppose ;), but now have two DDs to both Vantage 'savings' accounts from each Tesco account. Have plenty of existing DDs on the main account.
  • benz
    benz Posts: 112 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just to confirm,

If I were to open a Tesco Internet Saver and a Tesco Instant Access, both funded from the same Vantage account, would I end up with the necessary 2 direct debits, or only one?
  • MoneySaverLog
    MoneySaverLog Posts: 3,232 Forumite
    Options
    You need 2 Tesco Internet Saver Accounts, then for each vantage account you can set up a direct debit to each of the two Tesco Internet Saver accounts giving you the required 2 DD's on each vantage account.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure