New Lloyds Vantage current account

Options

Comments

• YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Tesco will contact LTSB with the details of the DD and set this up for you.
    Just to add, you should see the DDIs appear at LTSB (assuming you have online access?) within 2-3 working days, but you'll not be able to use them for a further 10 days* or so.

* If you try to initiate a payment from the Tesco end it'll tell you "the earliest date for payment is xx/xx/xx" if you attempt a payment pull too soon.
  • YorkshireBoy
    Options
    Gromitt wrote: »
    I think we need to put £6000 in for the rest of october, and then November put £5990 in and see what the different in interest is.
    You can if you want! Mine will be maxed out from now until 31/10/13. ;)
  • Wig
    Wig Posts: 14,139 Forumite
    Options
    missile wrote: »
    I did three Vantage upgrades on the free phone number. It took me five minutes. :A

Yes but post #691 which you quoted is talking about opening new accounts not upgrading existing accounts Opening an account over the phone took well up to 30 mins and they would not open 2. In the branch it is much quicker and easier.
  • Wig
    Wig Posts: 14,139 Forumite
    Options
    I asked in branch today to upgrade my second account. They told me that my account had already been upgraded on the 11th September. I told them that was my first account and my second definitely had not been upgraded. They had no idea, fetched someone else who had a look and then said "You can only apply the 4% to one account, do you want me to move it to your second account?".

It seems like phoning them up is the easiest way!

Go to a different branch, I had no trouble in the 2 seperate branches that I used, one for me one for my OH...... or try over the phone, and check online later.
  • Gromitt
    Gromitt Posts: 5,063 Forumite
    Options
    Wig wrote: »
    Yes but post #691 which you quoted is talking about opening new accounts not upgrading existing accounts Opening an account over the phone took well up to 30 mins and they would not open 2. In the branch it is much quicker and easier.

Indeed, took me about 15 minutes to open an account in branch, which included me asking the receptionist and her finding someone in a one of the small offices to speak to.

Completely screwed up the application though. I said it didn't want a debit card or cheque book, but the 4% offer. So they sent me a debit card & cheque book and left my account at 3% !

I'm going to wait until my other DD is showing and then give them a ring. Seems easier. At least they know how to do it!

(I did ask at another branch and they had no idea what I was talking about, despite the 4% being advertised in the window)
  • savetilibleed
    Options
    pearl123 wrote: »
    Just opened one of these accounts. So should one leave £6000 in everyday and then just remove the interest every month. Or should one put in less money I think someone suggested £5850 to allow for accured interest?
    I have three accounts. I intend to leave exactly £6000 in two of them, and in the main, everyday one, leave it as close to £6000 as I can. Then when the interest is paid in all three, transfer out this to the main account to use as needed. Some of the time it will be over £6000 but I shall simply farm it out elsewhere (or back if needs be) to get back to near £6000 taking usage, DDs etc. into account.
  • steady__eddie
    Options
    I've given up on them. I already had Vantage and upgraded on the 12th of September. I have shedloads of D.D.s and an uncomfortably high balance during September due to dividends and bonds maturing awaiting the results of my pontification on what to put where. My interest paid on the second of October was £9-08, the lowest amount I've received this year even on the 3% regime ! When I queried it on Friday I was told to wait until the November payout to see if it would correct itself. :mad:
    I have written dated confirmation from the branch where I upgraded on 12/09/12 that I had upgraded. They were unsure at the time as to how to do it but after a lot of ffaffing about, they were sure that it had been done and gave me a letter to authenticate it together with a promise to call me the following day, "If there were any problems". There was no 'phone call so somewhat irrationally I assumed that there were no problems.
    IMO it's been nothing but a contender for a golden rose of Montreaux comedy award since its inception.
    I'm off over to the Budget and Current Accounts Forum, surely there's life after Lloyds.
  • YorkshireBoy
    Options
    I've given up on them. I already had Vantage and upgraded on the 12th of September. I have shedloads of D.D.s and an uncomfortably high balance during September due to dividends and bonds maturing awaiting the results of my pontification on what to put where. My interest paid on the second of October was £9-08, the lowest amount I've received this year even on the 3% regime ! When I queried it on Friday I was told to wait until the November payout to see if it would correct itself. :mad:
    I have written dated confirmation from the branch where I upgraded on 12/09/12 that I had upgraded. They were unsure at the time as to how to do it but after a lot of ffaffing about, they were sure that it had been done and gave me a letter to authenticate it together with a promise to call me the following day, "If there were any problems". There was no 'phone call so somewhat irrationally I assumed that there were no problems.
    IMO it's been nothing but a contender for a golden rose of Montreaux comedy award since its inception.
    I'm off over to the Budget and Current Accounts Forum, surely there's life after Lloyds.
    Whenever I've experienced problems such as you've had I've found the goodwill/compensation payment, following a formal complaint, often outweighs the financial gain I'd have made anyway.

Yes it'd be nice if everything went well, but £25-50 a pop softens the blow for me...and has done many times over the years!
  • missile
    missile Posts: 11,691 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Wig wrote: »
    Please note: I was not critiscising your post No 691, just commenting that IMHO going into a branch may not be the best option. I can't understand why it took over 30 minutes to open one account by phone for you. Maybe you were unfortunate to get an inexperienced operator?

FYI: I originally opened all of my LTSB accounts then upgraded to Vantage online. I recently upgraded three to 4% with one 5 minute phone call.
    "A nation's greatness is measured by how it treats its weakest members." ~ Mahatma Gandhi
    Ride hard or stay home :iloveyou:
  • missile
    missile Posts: 11,691 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    .......... (I did ask at another branch and they had no idea what I was talking about, despite the 4% being advertised in the window)

That made me laugh. :rotfl:
    "A nation's greatness is measured by how it treats its weakest members." ~ Mahatma Gandhi
    Ride hard or stay home :iloveyou:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport