Argos delayed delivery

Options

Comments

• HeadAboveWater
    Options
    Unbelievable.

Argos finally rang OH (after asking them about 5 times), and now they've apparently no beds nor mattresses!

:mad:

Now what?
    Wealth is what you're left with when all your money runs out
  • somethingcorporate
    Options
    Refund and go elsewhere?

Not sure you have a lot of choice....
    Thinking critically since 1996....
  • HeadAboveWater
    Options
    Yeah that's about the height of it probably!!

Just raging that we ordered 1st July, the girls have been so excited about these beds/storage things for over 2 months, and now we can't get them :(

We have looked elsewhere for something similar but we can't find anything that gives us the same storage space and isn't hideous looking. Unless we pay atrocious amounts of money which we don't have!

*sigh* :(
  • HeadAboveWater
    Options
    Ok. Have found this on the Argos website last night which is EXACTLY the same as what we ordered!!! Layout is exactly the same with all storage compartments etc, and it's the same name. Part number and price are only things different.

Their terms and conditions state:
    5.2 Sometimes the product specifications from the manufacturer may change, in which case we will do our best to offer you a similar alternative. We may experience problems with the supply of certain products and may therefore supply a substitute of the same or better quality at the same price.

So would I be right in saying that they should be supplying us, not with a similar product, but the actual product we ordered?!

Makes sense to me!!!
  • jammother
    Options
    I, too, had this issue with Argos a couple of years ago. I ordered a double bed from their website and they phoned me a few days before delivery saying that it was out of stock and they would try to deliver three weeks later. Argos asked if they could rearrange and I said no. I stated that under the Distance Selling Regulations they had to fufil their part of the contract within the prescribed time (the agreed delivery date). I said I was quite happy to receive the bed three weeks late but would require a partial refund of 50%.

The customer service assistant seemed almost shocked that I was prepared to disagree and said that a manager would phone me the next day. The manager phoned and amazingly they had managed to get my bed from another depot and it would only be delivered two days late and they would offer me a £25 voucher as a goodwill gesture.

So if you bought your bunk beds online or via phone then you could try this route?
  • HeadAboveWater
    Options
    Thank you for your post jammother :)

I ordered online on 1st July 2012 and opted for earliest delivery date they had available which was 2nd August. It's now the 5th September and we're tearing our hair out! :eek: :p

I think that angle may be the way to go. As opposed to a partial refund, the beds which are now showing on their website are more expensive, so I could just ask that they supply them as their 'alternative' for the price we've already paid?
  • DonnySaver
    Options
    I've heard this story so many times from many different people about Argos. It seems they do it all the time - take your money without fully checking that they can deliver your goods when they say the can.

It happened to a friend of mine with some garden furniture. He did eventually get over £100 compensation out of Argos for all the hassle but he learned an important lesson - dont use Argos for home furniture.
  • Sashara86
    Options
    I've work in this line of industry and the best way to look at is this. Every company has protocol to follow. But, there are still people that genuinely care, and people that really couldn't give a s**t. So you never really know, All you can do is take their word for it.
    ~:)Be the change you want to see in the world:)~
  • jammother
    Options
    Then you have a binding contract which they have broken.

The important thing is to be aware of your consumer rights because the customer service advisor is not always up to date on this. There is no point getting angry at them - it's not their fault but just keep repeating your consumer rights - get a web page out in front of you with the salient points and stick to the script - if no joy speak ask to speak to a supervisor. If you sound confident and assertive you are more likely to be taken seriously.

I don't think you should ask for the more expensive beds but for your bunk beds to be delivered asap and a good will gesture for the waste of your time and the inconvenience caused.

As for buying furniture from Argos - my son's bed arrived with no screws or fittings - but that's another story.
  • HeadAboveWater
    Options
    Thanks all :)

I'm better at emails than phone! :p So.... drafting an email here at the minute. Copied in a few points from their own T&Cs, and also mentioning the DSR (which, no, I don't really understand! :o)

All this has put me off Argos for life... :(
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family